Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Sept ’21 Spa Day Refresh Patch

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Get well fast Deaderpool!! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Snow_AniuSnow_Aniu Posts: 1 New Member
    > @EdnaNoose said:
    > Is anyone else going to Build Mode and the top middle panel is missing? Also, when pressing the buttons in the top right panel, nothing is responding? I've updated all the MODS listed above.

Yes this happened to me, I had to go through all my mods and cc to figure out what caused it. It ended up being tmex-expandable catalog..I'm waiting for the upgrade. I don't know if you use that, but def go through all your mods and cc.. Goodluck:)
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I haven't played since the day before the update, but I was getting a BE for Neia Careers droit.
    I was also getting one for Xml injector.
    I'm weary about playing again because I have a lot of mods that need these mods.

Does anyone know if they're actually broken? I didn't see them listed. Were they updated?

I also have tons of BE's from before this patch that I had noticed the night before the patch release. I spent four hours trying to clear them out of my folder. I have tons of weeding to do.

Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    @simgirl542 Neia Careers Droit is Neia's law career. It is only needed for that career. It has not been updated since June 2020. It is almost certainly broken.

Neia Career Commons is the file that is required by a lot of other careers.

The xml injector is was cleared up until the most recent patch. Did you get it from the Scumbobo memorial site? If not, that's why you were getting LEs. If you were, you have another problem.

You can't take anything Better Exceptions tells you at face value. It's a good tool, but it's often wrong. If you're looking at the patch day scan, you can probably ignore it. That's more useful to modders than the average mod user.

You might want to head to one of the discords listed on the front page (Deaderpool or Sims After Dark) for help, as this is more a list of what's broken and updated than an area for support.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Thank you, cause wanted to see what's broken and what's not.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2021
    Thank you LuthienRising.
    Post edited by Rococo1256 on
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I didn't know that droit was the law career. I'll make sure to remove it. It doesn't mention the mod by name. It has me guessing at just about every turn. I figured out after several months that the BE that I had called Rex Console About was actually the basketball afterschool activity. Had I known that I would have removed it several months ago. The mod was working fine for me, but I got a BE for it so I removed it.

I did get Xml injector from the memorial site.

I can't enter discord. I can't figure out why, but I haven't been able to get in for several months. My email is "not recognized" and it won't let me enter a different one for a new account.

If BE is a waste of time, should I remove it or just ignore the pop ups because they are constant
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @simgirl542 There's a good chance that Neia's careers are out of date, but XML Injector is fine; it's possible that a mod using XML Injector has a problem. You can get support to narrow down your problem at one of the support servers linked on p. 1.

Reported Fine by Creator
    • Zerbu: all mods
    • Nebuloos: Who Passed Away?

Mod Updates
    Ordering things on mobile (Szemoka) - pack update
    They're so random! (FDSims4Mods)
    Character Values Overhaul (tyjokr)

NOTE: TwistedMexi is hoping to have mod updates available today.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    BE isn't a waste of time, it's just not perfect. It's not always as simple as 'le mentions this mod, so the mod is at fault.' Sometimes another mod is interfering, or the mod mentioned is an override and it's actually a game error. If the BE is anything less than 70%, ignore the mod mentioned at the top. Even when it's 100%, it can still be wrong.

Where BE is good is what is listed below the top section. Look at the broken mods section. It will tell you a lot of what's wrong. Twisted Mexi has a video on his patreon that tells you how to use it best https://www.patreon.com/posts/better-v2-03-52688481

Honestly, if you're being spammed by LEs, you might want to start over. Start with no mods, and download only things that have been updated or cleared since July 22. You could use this broken mods forum and the last to find up-to-date mods. Anything from before that that is not purely CC is probably broken. And some CC is broken too.

If you don't want to do that, you really need to get onto discord, where people are actually trained to read LEs. They do it pretty much every day. Have you tried registering from this page for discord? https://discord.com/register

@simgirl542
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MarcieDiamandisMarcieDiamandis Posts: 4 New Member
    @catalina_45 @luthienrising Lotharihoe's Run Don't Jog mod caused the Services option to disappear on the phone so I wasn't able to hire a maid etc.
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Pamtastic72 : I didn't know that about Deaderpool. :o Get well soon to all involved! <3
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    I had a problem with a mod last night, but I'm not sure it's connected with the new spa patch or not. Can't remember when I last used a locker at a spa. Anyway, my sims were attempting to "change into a robe" when first arriving at the spa, but were changing into weird random outfits instead. I tested the issue by removing any mods I thought might be in conflict (one at a time). The problem disappeared when I took out simthing-clever-SpaDayDisabledForRandom.package. All the other addons for this mod (No More Bad Clothing for Townies), except Spa Day, appear to be fine. I don't see a new update yet.

• catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    @catalina_45 @luthienrising Lotharihoe's Run Don't Jog mod caused the Services option to disappear on the phone so I wasn't able to hire a maid etc.

Thank you
    Words are soul's image
    @MarcieDiamandis How did you test that?
    @lanlyn Could you please test that alone? See p. 1

Mod Updates
  • certifiedxfamecertifiedxfame Posts: 5 New Member
    Are CC nails broken? The new fingernail/toenail subcategories are not showing up in CAS and I’m not sure if it’s because I have CC nails.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited September 2021
    Are CC nails broken? The new fingernail/toenail subcategories are not showing up in CAS and I’m not sure if it’s because I have CC nails.
    My CC nails are still working fine, but there are many different ones out there. You could just move them to your desktop, delete the localthumbcache file, and see if that solves your problem or not. If not it’s probably a mod or bug and you can add the CC back in.

Edit: this may help too
    Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Sept ’21 Spa Day Refresh Patch

OTHER USEFUL LINKS

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    ... @lanlyn Could you please test that alone? See p. 1 ...

@luthienrising Sure thing. :) I just did an isolation test. Removed all mods except simthing-clever-SpaDayDisabledForRandom.package from the mod No More Bad Clothing for Townies. Deleted localthumbcache.package. Started a new game. Issue occurred.
    y4me2yO4_y21CwTA_Tfk_wmv1UmHnB7RUtnOhIJqJvm37qVnpS_ustLqULaWPit5v4JvrRJZN5qoEp4dUXLsygQ01amD75eYYfUqBeuSpwNijMAONp0YQ0Rj_0Rr6TWxy_Igw5FXW3Wq8Wi3MZBueicRqRZxOzAPmT9srFB_HsXCmIkGst3FmtKwnW-mgzyG-hN?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Exited game. Removed the package and again deleted localthumbcache. Started game with no mods. Issue gone.
    y4m-B7SjFXwAwZ6d-K8fxXZO-GrgRYlOvrGkxLMSNdpvdNIJD_Lgtk03h7130yol3ZpecDA0T9_btjxKG9P8NPZ6seTBc__p7J6iJF2ZJ-2pB0Doi4PWut0YE-lq7xv6b-Iy4Jkj_DxKi4nbBCXLvwxRFTDEr1L8IvsdWXz9IVQ_peAgExuUkheWakCRf9nagCa?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • MarcieDiamandisMarcieDiamandis Posts: 4 New Member
    @luthienrising I did the 50/50 method until it was the only thing left in the mods folder! The option only came back after I removed that one mod :)
    For what it's worth, starbearysims cas hiders do the same thing if you hide/disable bathrobes. And there's a basegame shirt (male tee with scarf) that causes male movie directors to show up in random clothes, too, if hidden. It's just the way things work.
    edited September 2021
    Thanks @lanlyn and MarcieDiamandis !

Broken Mods
    • Spa Day Disabled for Random (simthing-clever)
    • Run Don't Jog (Lotharihoe)

Mod Updates

Reported Fine by Creator
    • adeepindigo: mods not listed as Updated

CC Updates
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited September 2021

@MarcieDiamandis I just finished testing it and the Services option was there for my Sims. Double check that you don't have anything else in your Mods folder, it sounds like it's conflicting with something. Also, make sure you have the latest of both the mod and Xml Injector.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • certifiedxfamecertifiedxfame Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Kita5399;c-17974665"][quote="certifiedxfame;c-17974656"]Are CC nails broken? The new fingernail/toenail subcategories are not showing up in CAS and I’m not sure if it’s because I have CC nails.[/quote]
    My CC nails are still working fine, but there are many different ones out there. You could just move them to your desktop, delete the localthumbcache file, and see if that solves your problem or not. If not it’s probably a mod or bug and you can add the CC back in.

Edit: this may help too
    [quote="luthienrising;d-993732"][b][u]Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Sept ’21 Spa Day Refresh Patch[/b][/u]

OTHER USEFUL LINKS
    [list]
    [*] The [url="https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991971/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-21-cottage-living-patch-aug-21-patch/p1"]previous broken mods thread[/url], for things that were broken [i]before[/i] this
    [*] The [url="https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16545624#Comment_16545624"]50-50 method[/url] for isolating broken CC
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It was the cc nails. I had to comb through all of my cc because I had cc nails scattered in various folders but I found them all, took them out and the new subcategories showed up. It’s all good now 😁
  • szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    Zerbu has updated All Worlds Are Residential as of Sep 10, 2021:

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/173398784785/the-sims-4-mod-all-worlds-are-residential
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    I am having a few gameplay issues that would be hard to test out with the 50/50 method (as it would require several steps of testing various actions). Maybe anyone knows which mods might cause this?

1. My Sims don't finish tasks such as taking yoga classes, and they constantly stop what they're doing to do something else, such as using the sauna or getting another face mask.
    (I have several autonomy-related tweaks and mods by Bienchen and a few others)

2. Pet adoption doesn't work. When I click on the action on the computer, the action instantly disappears from the queue again. I can't tell if this is a recent issue since I haven't tried adopting a pet for a long time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top