Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mountain of Pack Refresh Ideas

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Due to players having so many ideas for pack refreshes, let's call this idea discussion a mountain.

I'll start it off.
Here are my ideas for sim traits and lot traits and challenges.

Lot traits:
Alien Repellent -Get to Work- This deters alien visitors and aliens will never abduct sims there. Aliens cannot use their special powers there and will get a tense moodlet.
Secure Lot -Get to Work?- This lowers the chance of burglars significally, but it also features a huge chance of getting arrested when your sim is doing a crime (stealing, hacking, spamming etc).
Perfect Hangout -Get Together- A lot trait that boosts club point gain to clubs gathering there. That's it.
Pet Friendly -Cats and Dogs- Encourages both cat and dog owners to visit the lot with their pet.
Stray Hangout -Cats and Dogs- Encourages both stray cats and dogs to visit the lot.
Animal Paradise -Cats and Dogs- Pet owners will visit the lot with their pets and strays will also visit the lot.
Temperature Immune -Seasons- Sims indoors are safe from heatwaves and freezing temperatures without needing any thermostats.
Spared by Storms -Seasons- Sims and objects on the lot are safe from lightning during thunderstorms for some odd reasons. It still rains though.
Fishy Visitors -Island Living- More mermaids visit the lot. In addition, mermadic kelps are more easily found around the lot. In addition, trying for baby in midnight will increase the chance the chance of having a mermaid baby.
Magical Energies -Realm of Magic- Spellcasters often visit this lot due to it's good energies for magic, which reduces the charge gain, chance of overload, and increases the experience gain. In addition, it also increases the chance of having a spellcaster child.

Lot Challenges:
Frequent Illnesses -Get to Work- This lot challenge increases the chances of sims getting sick.
Hidden Treasure -Get to Work?- According to rumors, the lot your sim lives on has a hidden treasure, attracting more burglars to visit no matter how valuable the lot is. In addition, it attracts guests with kleptomaniac trait or criminal career who can steal from the lot. However, if your sim is lucky, they could find it themselves...
Lame Hangout -Get Together- Slows down club point gain and may encourage sims to break the rules.
Temperature Prone -Seasons- Temperature starts affecting sims indoors when it's hot or cold.
Thunder Terror -Seasons- During thunderstorms, lightning seems to strike the lot more often. So if you happen to be outdoors, get indoors ASAP!
Unruly Children -Parenthood- For some reason, toddlers, children and teens seem to act up more and react negatively to discipline and encouragement. Getting a positive character value is definately an achievement on the lot...
Strange Lot -StrangerVille- For some reason, this lot is under constant surveillance, making sims feel uneasy. What could be going on there? Why are some sims near it acting strangely? What are those fruits randomly appearing all around the lot?

Lot... Trait or Challenge?:
Alien Interest -Get to Work- This attracts more aliens to the lot and increases the chances of alien abduction and alien pregnancies. If it's on community lot, simply going there at least once will increase the chance of abduction a little (combined with the chance increase that happens when interacting with aliens and the chances can go high). Paranoid and erratic non-alien sims will get a special tense moodlet while aliens while aliens will get a special moodlet.
Not for Stars -Get Famous- Celebrities will almost never visit the lot, thus when one does, sims on the lot just can't get their eyes off the celebrity.

Changes to existing lot challenges:
Cursed - With Realm of Magic, have spellcasters have increased chance of spell backfires and getting cursed, thus decreasing the chance of them visiting. In addition, with Snowy Escape, make it easier to get injured on that lot. Then there are much more misfortunes that could happen on the lot, for example vampire break-ins, being poisoned by bug attacks (Jungle Adventures), murphy beds malfunctioning etc.
Grody - With Dine Out, have the chances of food poisoning increased after sims eat at restaurants with this trait.
Filthy - With Bust the Dust, have the floors become dirtier faster.

Additionally, I'll put here some links to other pack refresh idea discussions here (there are a lot of there, so I'll put them under spoiler tag):
Fun fact: some of the trait ideas I've posted here are my suggestions from the other thread I've posted in.

Please feel free to suggest more ideas on what packs should get a refresh and what should be in the refresh.

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Refresh G2W so there are more active careers. Also wish game development could become a profession.

And add cars with mechanics! :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Full size worlds should have as many lots as our first three worlds did. There's so few lots to build on! We keep getting bars and clubs and gyms but nowhere to live!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    Outdoor Retreat: Archery, wolves, sleeping bags, and wearable backpacks.
    Dine Out: Counter service (fast food), ability to be your own chef/hostess, ability to use bar height tables as dining spots.
    Parenthood: Prom as a social event with goals of slow dancing, fast dancing, etc., more afterschool clubs, more dress up play, tag, and hide and seek.
    Realm of Magic: Elemental magic (wind, water, fire earth), lunar cycles, more witch tattoos.

Get to work: Patients who sit in the waiting room at the hospital, being able to visit the hospital when sick or to build a working clinic in other worlds, something teen friendly that alludes to a safe injection site / needle exchange / outpatient care; burglars, being able to visit the police station. Fire stations.

Cats & Dogs: Pet grooming, nails, hair cuts, etc. Work from home careers involving pets, such as dog walker, dog trainer, etc.

Get Famous: A fourth, beach front neighbourhood. Bands, and active music career. Surfers. Recording studio. This one is likely too big for just a refresh.

Also, anywhere: exercise bikes, ellipticals, microwaves on shelves.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    For cats and dogs we need a show to showcase beauty, talent and agility of the animals. We have those training course but for nothing. We also need a pet trainer job. And a pet sitter part time job where you need to take animals for walks, to the groomer, etc.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited September 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    For cats and dogs we need a show to showcase beauty, talent and agility of the animals. We have those training course but for nothing. We also need a pet trainer job. And a pet sitter part time job where you need to take animals for walks, to the groomer, etc.

Agreed. In fact, one day I even suggested pet care career which branches off into veterinarian and pet trainer.

Edit. Maybe also have pet-walker part-time job.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Definitely burglars. Perhaps mischief could put you in jail?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2021
    GTW refresh ideas:

Bug fixes
    "Area 51" lot trait (Aliens are more likely to come to this lot or abduct sims)
    "Shady neighborhood" lot challenge (this increases the chance of sims's house getting robbed)
    "Empty closet" lot challenge (sims will have to buy clothes at retail in order to unlock them)
    Burglar and police NPC's
    Burglar alarms
    Sims can check out at the cash register
    Cash register animations
    Sims will hold shopping bags for a short period of time after buying an item from a retail store
    Retail now has the a costumer star rating system
    Burglars have the ability to rob retail stores
    Changing room object
    Changing room woohoo
    Clothing rack retail object
    Produce stand object
    Frozen isle object (sims can buy milk, cheese and meat with Cottage Living and fish from this object when placed at retail stores; if owned sims have to restock it)
    Crafted items can only be restocked if the same object is within the sim's or household inventory
    Surgical face masks
    Sims can visit sick friends at the hospital
    Hospital emergency treatments/surgeries
    Doughnut delivery service
    Chasing burglars
    Alien furniture for Sixam's alien bar lot
    Alien's now have brain power instead of energy
    New scientist inventions: jetpack, hoverboard, teleportation pad, holographic tv, hover bed, etc.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Some of mine and a friend's ideas to flesh out Realm of Magic a little more! (I know there are mods for some of this but I can't use them hence the suggestions!)

- I would like more interactivity with Familiars. They are cute but they're just kind of there. Talking to the familiar, maybe petting or feeding it, actually gaining something of a relationship with a familiar. Maybe having a higher relationship with a Familiar can help increase the XP earned whilst practicing etc, and maybe having a bad relationship with a Familiar could possibly cause the chance for spells to backfire onto yourself or something. Maybe you can gain or lose relationship by winning (or losing) duels?
    - Or maybe different familiars would like/dislike different actions. (Maybe the Skull or Hex Doll would gain relationship with you for Mean interactions, and maybe the Dragon would gain relationship by seeing Untamed spells since they're generally considered relentless creatures.) Would be fun if the orb familiars could be Sent to Forage as well, or possibly give you gifts of potion ingredients, wands etc. if you are Good Friends with it or something.
    - I would like more varied spellcaster duel animations. It'd be cool if the Heated Duel animations were different especially, and looked different from the Friendly Duel, to actually show that it's one not between friends or that it's not just sparring.
    - Improved spell animations would be awesome, especially for Untamed Magic. A near-uncontrollable power ought to look the part, so it'd be cool to have some of the more powerful spells have more complex animations.
    - I'd really love a revamp on a particular item of clothing and that's Morgyn's Sage robes. I love the dress that the female Untamed Sages get, it looks fitting for an Untamed sage, but the robes not so much. They'd look nice if they were a bit fancier, maybe with designs of some kind, or some sort of gold or silver trim.
    - Definitely more lots in Glimmerbrook! I don't usually have a problem with 'empty worlds' but Glimmerbrook feels especially so for some reason.
    - It would be cool if there were a way to actually fix (or at least improve the situation of) the physically-broken-up Magic Realm somehow. They set up the whole thing about the realm being torn apart by the vortex and then never went anywhere with it really.
    - Ability to train your spellcaster children's Magic abilities, and upon growing up they can learn certain spells upon aging as soon as they become Teens if they've trained enough. Maybe Children can learn to cast some simple Practical or Mischief spells before aging up though.
    - A little cross-pack Idea - Strangerville Spoiler
    Ability to use spellcasting to help in the fight with the Mother Plant
    they/them or she/her
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cats and Dogs refresh ideas:

Ability to select a pet and see their traits and skills in the UI
    Cats and dogs contests/shows
    Judge NPC's
    Pet contest hall venue
    Dog houses
    Pet beds
    Contest ribbons
    Fur/pet allergies
    Vets can put a chip on pets to make them easier to find if they run away
    Rope toy for dogs
    Frisbee
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Ideas so far are great!

I'll add some more ideas on after-school activities that could appear for children and teens. While I could suggest many of them to Discover University, but as this pack focuses on university, I thought of other packs. Packs I'm unsure of end with question mark, so if you wish, you could suggest another ones. These after-school activities should have positive effects on future careers and helps to get into distinguished degrees.

Anyway, here's after-school activities for children and teens.
    • Dance club (Get Together) - Don't exactly know how it would help sim in the future (maybe add dance career with dance instructor and performance dancer branches), but sims have to perform in school events. Builds dance/motor skill.
    • Science club (Get to Work) - Helps in scientific careers (Scientist, detective, doctor etc). Builds logic and gardening/mental skills.
    • Newspaper club (City Living?) - Helps in writing and critic careers (and in other communication-including careers). Builds writing and charisma/social skills.
    • Art club (City Living?) - Helps in artistic careers (artist for example). Builds painting/creativity and other artistic (for example flower arranging) skills.
    • Study club (Parenthood) - Completes homework and builds responsibility. Just helps to get into university better?
    • Music club (Get Famous?) - Helps in entertainer career (and other music related careers). Builds instrument skills.
    • Green club (Eco Lifestyle) - Helps in civic designer career and helps sim to have a green lifestyle easier. Builds eco lifestyle skills and handiness skill (mental for children).
    • Debate club (Discover University) - Helps to build research and debate/mental skill and in education and law careers.
    • Robotics club (Discover University) - Helps to build robotics skill and in engineer career.
    • Sports club (Discover University) - Not only helps in athletic career, but it also allows easier advancement in Soccer team player after-school activity in university. Builds fitness/motor skill.
    • Video gaming club (Discover University) - Not only helps in tech guru career, but it also allows easier advancement in E-sports competitor after-school activity in university. Builds video gaming/motor skill.

I'll end with suggestion to improve Drama Club. Compared to scouting activity (which offers a trait and a scholarship for sims), drama club doesn't have everlasting effects except gaining fame (which will fade when you don't work on it and will go to waste if sim stays out of spotlight) and an award (which cannot even be put in sim's inventory as I know and can be easily lost). Well, it does build acting/creativity skill, but these can be learned without having to go to the activity.
    Thus I'll suggest that reaching top of drama club activity helps in actor career (easier auditions, start on higher level etc) and helps to get into distinguished Drama degree.
    edited September 2021
    I just had an idea after my recent visit to McDonalds!

A new lot challenge to Dine Out:
    Foodie Birds

This lot challenge makes it so when sims go outdoors to eat, some birds will fly on the table and look at the food. Sims can give their food to them or try to shoo them away, but should they leave their food unattended for some time, it'll be gone. Also some birds may be more aggressive and will get a bite out of the food even after the best attempts to shoo it away. Some birds may also bring gifts to your sim after they get fed. There will be one problem though: the table will need cleaning from time to time.
    In restaurants, some customers like birds and others won't. It will affect star rating...