Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Refresh of PlantSims?

I so badly want an improvement of Plantsims. We have the basics of PlantSims - the method for becoming them and some of the animations and so on, but with them placed in base-game, why can't we have actual GOOD PlantSims?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    We can't have good plantsims because occult players aren't allowed to have things they like. 😒
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    What? You don't like slaps in the face? Because that's what I feel everytime I think about how they did them this iteration.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited September 2021
    If I remember they said plantsims won't be updated.
    I think EP09 Eco Lifestyle was the best opportunity to do it.

Maybe Fairies could add a more advanced gameplay than Plantsims.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited September 2021
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    What? You don't like slaps in the face?
    Faces shall only be slapped by Agnes Crumplebottom

aaand I do agree it would be nice to have actual plantsims in the game

they could have even connected the lore between plantsims and motherplant and made all kinds of fun stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

they could have even connected the lore between plantsims and motherplant and made all kinds of fun stuff

Now theres an idea. They should really consider this when they come to refreshing Strangerville. I might actually want to replay the story if I can make Plantsims.

Maybe there could be a chance of becoming a Plantsim after the fight with the mother plant. Or maybe being possessed by the spores for too long will turn you in to a Plantsim, and you would have to cure it to be normal again. Or not and just stay that way. Could be an opportunity to introduce new Plantsim appearances too rather than just the green. Those motherplant leaves would look good as a neck frill
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    Paralee wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Now theres an idea. They should really consider this when they come to refreshing Strangerville. I might actually want to replay the story if I can make Plantsims.

Maybe there could be a chance of becoming a Plantsim after the fight with the mother plant. Or maybe being possessed by the spores for too long will turn you in to a Plantsim, and you would have to cure it to be normal again. Or not and just stay that way. Could be an opportunity to introduce new Plantsim appearances too rather than just the green. Those motherplant leaves would look good as a neck frill

Maybe there could be a chance that they would become pregnant and give birth to some sort of plantsim/motherplant alien hybrid sim. I like how the pods glow on and off, maybe they could glow too under certain circumstances, like maybe when they get angry, or maybe when they flirt? Or maybe when they flirt the males would just disperse spores around them and would get pregnant if they come in contact with the spores. Or maybe they could mate only seasonally, like during summer season. Maybe they could get crushes on random trees in the garden. Bees could help with pollination, so when they don't have a mate, they could ask the bees to find someone suitable for them. Maybe they could come with certain powers to help the environment become more green, like if you have many plantsims in an industrial neighbourhood they could offset the pollution because they breath in carbon and fart oxygen. So you wouldn't mind to have a very farty plantsim.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I so badly want an improvement of Plantsims me too it would be so cool that and add them and ghost to CAS
  • IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    I really hope we get real plantsims one day, they have been my favorite lifestate ever since sims 2.
    And fairies aren't a good replacement for plantsims. I want plantsims the most, but since many other simmers want fairies, I hope we get both!
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2021

They said the opposite. They said that they'd love to revisit them but no plans at the moment and can't make any promises and that if a pack would fit them well they may update them.

Well several fitting packs have come and gone.

Seasons, a pack about the weather which revamped the entire gardening system. Plant sims were first introduced in ts2 seasons. Pantsims could have had unique appearances based on the weather as a first for the sims.

Eco lifestyle, a pack about making the environment greener. Perfect for plantsims. Plant sims would have much stronger reactions to the eco footprint and have an easier time making things green.

Cottage Living: A pack about farming, plantsims wouldn't be the greatest here but it would make sense.

The thing is, plant sims don't even need much to be good. All they need is a unique (optional) hairstyle and outfit, add some leafy textures to their skin, give them a few unique abilities like poison kisses, absorbing water puddles etc.

They are literally the most simple lifestyle, and I love them and am sad at how ts4 has done them.

The plantsims we have don't even function, their water need goes down WAY too fast outside.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member

They said the opposite. They said that they'd love to revisit them but no plans at the moment and can't make any promises and that if a pack would fit them well they may update them.

Well several fitting packs have come and gone.

Seasons, a pack about the weather which revamped the entire gardening system. Plant sims were first introduced in ts2 seasons. Pantsims could have had unique appearances based on the weather as a first for the sims.

Eco lifestyle, a pack about making the environment greener. Perfect for plantsims. Plant sims would have much stronger reactions to the eco footprint and have an easier time making things green.

Cottage Living: A pack about farming, plantsims wouldn't be the greatest here but it would make sense.

The thing is, plant sims don't even need much to be good. All they need is a unique (optional) hairstyle and outfit, add some leafy textures to their skin, give them a few unique abilities like poison kisses, absorbing water puddles etc.

They are literally the most simple lifestyle, and I love them and am sad at how ts4 has done them.

The plantsims we have don't even function, their water need goes down WAY too fast outside.

They also need to plant forbidden fruit to produce plant sim babies, what's unique about plant sims is that you don't need to woohoo to create more.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's because they were free. EA knows if they're upgraded, it has to be for free.

Like when they took so long to make Toddlers because they had to be Base Game.

I mean, now EA's using Kits to wriggle more money out of us, I think they should be ashamed of themselves for not giving the Devs the chance to do Plantsims.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Yes PLEASE!! Plantsims so needs a permanent lifestate. :p
  • rckingrcking Posts: 27 Member
    I would love to play a worth it plantsim....
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I would love to play a worth it plant sim also ghost Halloween is a great time for an occult sims update don't you think