Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 moving away from its kid friendly themes?

Has anyone seen the music choice for the latest trailer?!

Now, the song is awful. But hopefully this means there has been a change of direction where more adult themes might be coming into the game, The Sims 4 is too bright, colourful and perfect - nothing bad ever happens, it is all too child friendly and I tire of it.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    As much as I want to be optimistic with you, no. I do not think they are, at all really. Starting when I was in Preschool I listened to Disturbed, Papa Roach, etc. because of my father. In elementary school my school bus played hip hop all the way to and back from school. My bus driver even organized a little thing to have us sing Smack That by Akon (think that is how he spelled his name) for the principal.

When it comes to music, as long as most of the swears are semi censored, most people do not care what kids sing. They just think they don't understand and that it is fine. Oh, and this was not some super liberal school either. They'd meltdown if you wore a hat inside and it was a small enough school that they could get away with having regular Christian elements present.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm not sure it would mean a change in direction for the game, but maybe for their trailers, they hired Luumia to work on them and he has a certain style and makes cc which I think appeals more to older people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited September 2021
    I doubt that. Its not the first time they have added adultier music styles. They dont wanna mess with their rating or their sales.
    Post edited by Paralee on
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited September 2021
    Oh how I wish we could have some less kiddy content like romance ... and such

not exactly fan of this song in particular tho...just feeling a little Crumplebottom about it I guess

*gets in crumplebottom gear and goes to spa to slap multiple sims for being improper in public *
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Is that Meagan Thee Stalion? Sorry I'm at work and can't listen to it at full blast.

I don't think the Sims has ever been "family friendly". Have you forgotten "Hot in Herre" on the Summer station in Seasons? :D:D

I honestly would love some more "adult" gameplay in my sims game.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Is that Meagan Thee Stalion? Sorry I'm at work and can't listen to it at full blast.

I don't think the Sims has ever been "family friendly". Have you forgotten "Hot in Herre" on the Summer station in Seasons? :D:D

You're close! It's Saweetie and Doja Cat.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    bixters wrote: »

It's Saweetie. I thought the song was fine, has a nice rhythm to it, I never listen to the lyrics, but I think they were very fitting with the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH69RyqLA4
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Not a fan of this song. I don't think it fits the spa theme at all. I think of spas as relaxing. This song is not relaxing. The first couple of times I watched the trailer, I had to mute it. I have watched it since, with the music. I still don't think it is a good match.

I don't think that this signals a more adult turn for the sims. I think it just signals that Luumia made the trailer.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm still a hip hop music fan though, and Imma say that song will be in the hip hop station in the base game
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    The song sounds a lot better without the censorship lol. It has a better flow.

Maybe it's a hint at a dance pack with twerking? Get Together had the Dance Skill, maybe they'll let us twerk on the ghosts in the Von Haunt Estate.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I really dont like this.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2021
    Has anyone seen the music choice for the latest trailer?!

Now, the song is awful. But hopefully this means there has been a change of direction where more adult themes might be coming into the game, The Sims 4 is too bright, colourful and perfect - nothing bad ever happens, it is all too child friendly and I tire of it.

Gosh, there are lots of deaths if you want a sim to pass, lol. I kind of like the brightness myself, and I am way into my adulthood. I don’t see their life as perfect though, it really depends how you play the game I guess. I tend to micro manage my sims, and play with aging off, so mine don’t usually die unless I want them too, but there are lots of challenges now that can make your sims life a bit harder. And, sharing is caring nap has taken a few thing from one of my sims homes…. Lol. I do wish we had to buy clothes and a few things.

I hear a lot of people saying that their sims get rich too quickly, but I play a rotational game, and I don’t concentrate on making a lot of money, but with my sims enjoying their life as well. I use seasons and the calendar, making vacation holidays and such for my sims, most of them don’t spend all of their time working. Mine have fun on days off, they upgrade furniture and houses occasionally, spend money off lot, invite friends over etc. I wouldn’t mind if it they needed to spend money for a gym membership to use gyms, but lounges, bars, and nightclubs are places to spend money if you want. Museums and Libraries are usually free in real life anyway…… well it might be nice if we could charge an entrance fee for some special museums. Don’t spa massages and things cost money? I don’t send my sims to spa’s too often.

Anyway most of my sims are not really rich, even my MVP baseball player, and it’s been a bit of a challenge having him get some fame. I need to try to use the drone and video machine.

I do wish babies weren’t so easy to care for, even toddlers are too easy. Daycare should cost money when you leave a toddler or baby at home.

I don’t think these are bad things, just not as challenging as it could be. But yes, I would enjoy seeing the game be a bit harder in some areas.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Has anyone noticed the new K.I.L interaction for a sim since Cottage Living? Definately not child friendly.
  • JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    Wouldn't that be nice
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Now I'm just curious.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    All I can hear is “BEEP BEEP” and think about cars…🥺
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    All I can hear is “BEEP BEEP” and think about cars…🥺

I was wondering why it felt so out of place :lol: ah yes we dont indeed have anything that would go beep beep mid yoga
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the new K.I.L interaction for a sim since Cottage Living? Definately not child friendly.

What?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I guess I'm old. I don't like the song nor the trailer. It doesn't inspire me to want to play Spa Day, (I really like the first trailer and the DLC and enjoyed that pack) and actually I don't understand what dancing has to do with going to the spa to get your nails done. I would have done a fancy restaurant scene with elegant people who live pampered lives and show their nails while holding their wine glasses and diamonds on their fingers etc. Or shopping with the nails as the focus as they flip through clothes or pay at the register....but I guess that is out since none of that exists in TS4. This doesn't make me think go to the spa and get pampered at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Yes. I am surprised that no one has mentioned it. It was a bit shocking the first time I saw it, but I quickly realized that someone on the team must be familiar with Monty Python. Then I laughed. I find it very funny now. I hope it doesn't get nerfed.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    No. I enjoyed the song, it has a few curse words but I don't think EA is budging.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2021
    Honestly no. I don't think it means anything at all. Just a fun trailer. It IS a stark contrast compared to the Disney trailers but I don't think this is a sign of any kind. And some people seem to forget what a teen rating actually means. Teens stuff is practically equal to adult stuff minus super graphic things.
    Has no one seen those teen drama shows or engaged on wattpad? Lol👀 they are into things I'm not even into lol
    I'm in my 20's but I have teen neices and nephews I hang out with sometimes.
    And there was nothing graphic about the trailer.
    Seemed fitting to me. Hence all the twerking emojis and thumbs up for the trailer 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    That song is really popular in my area. Lol. I think they are going for more diversity and also trying to bring in more of Gen Z. Look, if I'm getting a free update for Spa Day, I am happy. Haha. Music tastes - tomato, tomahto. I'm guessing they are re-marketing Spa Day. Cool.

About moving to more adult themes, I would like that or a children's track and an adults' track. I've felt like some of the content was really pitched to 8 yr olds. This update does not bother me. I don't want to feel like I'm accidentally playing a kids' game when I think most of the players are teens and up. Yes, that opens up the potential for people to have different opinions which is totally fine. Play with what you want to play with.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh but I do think the team would be more willing to move in a bit more mature direction If everyone were not so triggered in 2021. They gotta play it safe just to keep from being accused of anything they didn't intend 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(