Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,897 Member
    edited August 2022
    Oh then i dont get it, im sorry .... But the wants and fears, also can be turned off btw.... and i turned off lifestyles too, it kinda narrows the possibilitites too much for me and theres not enough of them ! Well glhf :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    I really can't stand that the text editor is as glitchy as it is. I can only use about a third of the hot keys I'm familiar with, and the game regularly deletes what's on my clipboard for some god forsaken reason, so there's basically no point in copying text. This applies to cheats, household descriptions, book/song/game titles and descriptions, anything that requires you to type into a field.

All things considered, this is astonishingly far down my list of complaints, but as far as trivial annoyances go, it's up there.
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    As someone who lives in the UK I hate the fact that there aren't any fences around houses in Lots. They are the first thing I change in EA's pre-builds, that's if I even use them.

It's just an English thing I suppose but we fiercely protect to the very edges of our property, with fights over inches gained and lost to neighbours!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,897 Member
    Bicycle lost. When my sim go home and uses the bicycle sometimes it gets lost.. Sometimes i go back try to find it like the one that stayed on high school turf, next time i went it was there, but i had already given my sim a new one so i end up with 2 bikes when that happens.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited August 2022
    I can't say it annoys me 100% of the time, but having tried to take a screenshot of that had almost everything right, there was this one Sim with the goofy and sleepy walk-styles which really killed the moment. That walk style is my Schrodinger's love.

90% of the time I think it looks silly and seeing random townies spawn with it really kills the attempt at a good screenshot.

But then the other 10% has to laugh at seeing a Sim walking like they are reverting into a primeape.

But then it's still kinda just silly and I don't like it mometns after laughing at the weird timing of the Sim-Simian
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    When my sims won't do what I tell them. Lately it's been bad. I have 5 sims in a house. Sim one paint, (sim, ok) Sim2 take a shower (sim ok) Sim 3. Wait sim one I told you to paint. Sim 3 wait' sim 2 I told you to take a shower. Sim 3 do your homework. Etc. Etc. Etc. I'm not kidding I had to tell some of them 7 or 8 times. When i have 1 or 2 sims its easy. But when i have a lot of sims it drives me crazy. I spend more time repeating actions than playing and making progress.
  • AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    Also want to add,

When married or become a girlfriend/boyfriend and they had a child you can't adopt them/put them as your child in edit the sim,

Some sims don't like present,

Can't selfie with child/todder,

When taken photo of a person, no option of entrie body,

Can't photo of two person or group,
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    As someone who lives in the UK I hate the fact that there aren't any fences around houses in Lots. They are the first thing I change in EA's pre-builds, that's if I even use them.

It's just an English thing I suppose but we fiercely protect to the very edges of our property, with fights over inches gained and lost to neighbours!

Totally this and the fact that we can't place hedges or walls right at the edge of the lot or have two lots next to each other with a hedge/wall dividing them. I want wars of the hedgerow with my annoying unreasonable neighbour.

My other issue is the fact I can't copy makeup from one outfit to another.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Jade47 wrote: »

Totally this and the fact that we can't place hedges or walls right at the edge of the lot or have two lots next to each other with a hedge/wall dividing them. I want wars of the hedgerow with my annoying unreasonable neighbour.

I totally agree with wanting to extend to the very edges of the lots.

Actually the best thing about garden fences is that you can keep everybody out that you don't want even to get in the garden at the very gates and that's including cats and dogs. Back garden and front gates make sure your Sims starts off in the right direction too. They are very useful!
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Jade47 wrote: »

I agree with all of this. I often have to clear makeup and other accessories from Sims all the time! Hats seem to be the same way.
    @Simburian Yes its really useful and I noticed that when I recreated my own house. At present I noticed there's a particular lot in Henford on Bagley my sim is living in that everyone constantly walks across, I don't know if its a bug or just the way the routing of the lot is designed, but I think a big fence is definitely going to be added. Got to keep them off my land. :smiley:
  • ForbiddenOrgansForbiddenOrgans Posts: 19 Member
    The gallery function of how you always get notifications from everything Maxis does even if you block them. I sincerely never care about or would ever want to be informed about what Maxis just favorited. I get that it's probably a marketing thing since the idea of having the company themselves promote your creation on the gallery is supposed to be appealing, but I honestly hate it and wish I could make those notifications stop. From what I can tell, plenty of others agree with me too.
  • ForbiddenOrgansForbiddenOrgans Posts: 19 Member
    Oh also I really wish that they wouldn't include the hot and cold weather outfits in CAS if you don't have the seasons pack or anything but maybe that's just me. It just doesn't make sense that stuff from a pack a lot of people don't own is now engrained in the base game but then they don't do a good job of incorporating the packs and kits you actually own into your gameplay. Maybe it's silly but it just annoys me.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2022
    Oh speaking of gallery: Implement the filter so you can opt out of packs you don't own. I know they have chosen to not make it possible since they want you to be tempted to buy everything.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited August 2022
    When you put a spellcaster in a club with an activity of "use spells" and, if they know the Decursify spell, they'll automatically use it to clear curses without you even being in control of them (it just forces you to a menu to choose what to remove with no option to opt out). Like, I'm sorry, maybe some people think this is great but I actually want to KEEP some curses for roleplaying purposes. This has caused for me to NOT put sims in a club which actually would, for once, allow them to actually show their occult nature in public since they keep cleansing curses I don't want them to get rid of. If only I could unlearn that freaking spell. Perhaps I'll go mod hunting.
    WHen I pause , it didn't pause wanted catcher the moment then pause seem not to pause,

When moving together, it meant to move together but other sim didn't even movie.
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
    Also add,

I said before when try to romance with someone after flirt and one other, it seem to not go anywhere. I don't understand.
    The way sims do that sighing pause kind of like they're daydreaming really bugs me sometimes because it slows down/interrupts actions and I feel it doesn't give my sim character but instead just wastes my time.
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    Not anything game breaking like some other stuff, but my Sim's follower count is broken. The last time they updated their social media it said they have 1,365,028 followers (they don't). Then they updated their simstagram and gained 12 followers for a total of 1,503.595. Now my math isn't the best but I am pretty sure that is wrong.
    How sims keep thinking about diapers. Yes I know it's them reminiscing about "happy toddler/top-notch toddler" i.e. gaining enough skills but... really, they chose diapers as the icon when they could have used the nesting blocks to better reflect what this is about. (The first times I saw it I was so confused and wondered if I need to start buying more toilets lol.) Also, why don't they think about other stages in their life? I mean, sheesh, you have done way more than just been a "happy toddler". What about your child or teenage years? Like, I don't remember a darn thing about my toddler years (most people don't) but I sure have a lot of later fond memories and those are mostly tied to people and experiences, not just me "gaining skills".
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    So tired of weirdos harassing my Sim to be "best friends."
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    So tired of weirdos harassing my Sim to be "best friends."

Me too! This is such a disruptive and obnoxious behaviour, because the sims will just waltz into my house uninvited, they are barely friends and ask to be BF's??

Also, when a sim is idle (doesn't happen very often, I run a tight ship) and starts walking. Then sits down at the computer and starts playing Blic bloc or whatever. But, there is NOTHING in the queue, I can't cancel it! To be honest, its not just annoying, its aggrivating
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,806 Member
    edited September 2022
    It took several attempts to stage scheduled wedding events and have all of the invited sims show up. The whole problem was random uninvited sims barging in. I had the maximum number of sims invited, but before they all finished arriving Simeon Silversweater, his game generated wife, and one or two other randoms would barge in. I couldn't kick them out because the event hadn't officially started and it was a community lot. And for every one of them that was still on the lot when the event started, that many invited sims never showed up. It's a scheduled event with a guest list, the game should prevent unwanted sims from showing up. If you have an event that is clearly a private affair the game should not be sending uninvited sims on to the lot. Every single time I showed up to my venue the first face I see approaching was Simeon's. I never was a fan of his, but I can't stand the sight of him anymore. Him and his wife wrecked things constantly. He got his keister kicked out of all of my current saves, is insta-deleted from all future saves.

When Simeon and the rest showed up, they would just wander around. They never stopped moving and the result was like watching a horde of ants scurrying around. It is seriously annoying and disruptive. Their aimless wandering caused routing issues and dropped actions because they would be in the spot my sims were supposed to be at that precise moment. In addition to preventing sims I wanted there from showing up.😤
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    After spending 1200 bucks on a new PC due to a killer electrical storm last week. I reinstalled TS 4, got Origin working, found that win 11 has decided to tell Origin to push my saves to One Drive and now Origin servers don't want to let me change it back to local save.

Yep, it's the "small" things that annoy me.
    Have shared this in another thread but thought this one is actually more fitting due to my growing annoyance...

Why can't werewolves and vampires have friendly spars? Seems like such an obvious feature. The only thing they can do is "practice fighting" but that is tied to fitness skill and lacks the flavor of supernatural fights. Considering the pre-set animosity of the two I really think there should be something celebrating the fact that they are friends instead.