Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Refresh - Get Together

Hi all! Wondering what your thoughts are on what a refresh for Get Together might look like!

My ideas:
Ability to lock sims to showing up in their world only or in all worlds
Dj aspiration and career
Develop dancing as career and/or aspiration

What other things might you add?

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Very useful and fun pack, that especially needs a re-balancing of the main feature:

- Higher chance for sims to actually perform mean interactions if the club rules say so. At the moment when I gather two rival clubs, they will chat and dance instead of fight.
    - Sims remembering rivalries and alliances even when they are not in club outing mode. Members of rival clubs shouldn't sit in the park and play chess together.
    - Add new requirements: Skill level 5 and Skill level 10
    - Raise the money requirement for poor/middle/rich
    - Add more activities
    - Add a "Not" filter for traits so that clubs can restrict membership. Example: "No evil sims", "No evil or mean sims"
    - Allow just a single piece of clothing as club outfit. Sims would keep their everyday clothes on, but change the top to the one designated by the player. Full body outfits would generate a random pant. (Fun fact, when GT was new I thought this was how it worked. I set only a formal jacket for my Gentlemen's club, assuming they'd keep their normal pants, shoes and hats. When I called the gathering, the gentlemen arrived in their jackets, but barefoot and in their undies.)

New stuff:
    - Give us the labyrinth with the "walk through the labyrinth" interaction as an object in buymode.
    - Add line dance or square dance and slow dance where sims actually hold hands
    - Enable boating in the harbour district and swimming and boating on the island
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Exactly like the old one only with the graphics and textures notched up
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I'll add some more ideas.

Secret clubs - These sims can gather together but if your sim don't know about the club or isn't a member of it, there's no indication they're gathering. Secret clubs cannot be found in club list unless your sim is a member of it.

'Perfect Hangout' lot trait - A lot trait that boosts club point gain to clubs gathering there. That's it.

'Lame Hangout' lot challenge - Slows down club point gain and may encourage sims to break the rules.

Plus I like all the @EnkiSchmidt ideas!
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I love Get Together, to me, the pack is almost perfect. I don't think it needs a refresh, but perhaps a polish? They could go over the club system and add some more club rules they forgot to add with newer packs.

A while ago I had this funny thought, though. If GT was released today, it would probably have a festival that resembles Oktoberfest taking place somewhere in Windenburg. Nothing too fancy, just sims coming together to drink and eat sausages while wearing lederhosen. :D
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    The only think I'd want from Get Together is a DJ career maybe a Freelance one. You take gigs to perform at parties and venues like bars and nightclubs.

I'd also like more specific interactions as well as more actions. It annoys me how karaoke is not an actions to pick, only singing is and it's annoying cause my karaoke club member will just sing instead of doing karaoke.

I'd also like festivals. I think they could either be held in the public spaces or have them be held in the special lot areas. It would be great if there was a festival in the ruins since I don't really visit it much since the lot is too small to work with and besides random party invites I have no real reason to visit it.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2021
    I want to easily get rid of clubs. Without having to find the leader. Like I delete button for clubs.And I wish we could swim in the water but I know that’s not gonna happen. So easy delete button for clubs.Yeah I would like Festivals too.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    The only think I'd want from Get Together is a DJ career maybe a Freelance one. You take gigs to perform at parties and venues like bars and nightclubs.

I'd also like more specific interactions as well as more actions. It annoys me how karaoke is not an actions to pick, only singing is and it's annoying cause my karaoke club member will just sing instead of doing karaoke.

I'd also like festivals. I think they could either be held in the public spaces or have them be held in the special lot areas. It would be great if there was a festival in the ruins since I don't really visit it much since the lot is too small to work with and besides random party invites I have no real reason to visit it.

Yeah it’s really annoying with the random singing! I tried to make a Karaoke club in Mt Komorebi but it turned out to be a mess of sims singing randomly everywhere 😅. Karaoke should be a separate club activity.

A Festival would be cool, and the Ruins sounds perfect for this. I also want sims stop spawning outside the world unless they’re on vacation. Dancing as a career would be fun, but I think it need to be added in a pack (a lot of animations). Also agree with @EnkiSchmidt that the Skill / Money requirments need to be increased (you can have a level 2 skill by accident!).

Some more things I would like to see in a GET TOGETHER REFRESH:
    1. Change the Entertainer career into 2 different Freelance careers:
    • FREELANCE ENTERTAINER (Gigs for Comedians)
    • FREELANCE MUSICIAN (Select specializations: for Singing / Violin / Guitar / Piano / Composing / DJ)
    2. Add some Hiking trails & Swimable seas
    3. Possibility to lock a career and just work for a Salaray raise (Ex. If you want Clara Bjergsen to stay as a Caterer).
    4. Own & Manage a Café (the café lot)
    5. Easier to delete clubs as @motdk suggested
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I wonder why they don't have more clubs available.

Like a nerds club for gurus and sci fi fans, an undead club for vampires and ghosts, criminal club to cause problems for everyone, alien club which scientists secretly made to study the exotic life forms, etc.

And ability to remove clubs that cause issues would be nice as well.
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    - Set club hangouts by Time and Day of the week.

- Add club requirements for Likes & Dislikes and Lifestyles.

- Obviously, more club acitivies and fix club activities that don't work or are bugged.

- Windenburg Festivals

Olde Platz
    Chess Tournament near the giant landscaped chess sets.

Windslar
    Neighborhood Grill-A-Thon across the pond next to Rustic Residence.

Lykke Centre
    Fishing Tournament at Lake Windenburg (with an easter egg related to Emily the sea monster)
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already but I'd like to see an end to the requirement of having a certain number of clubs. If I delete one of the premade clubs, the game shouldn't create a replacement. When I decide that I don't need 11 clubs, then the game shouldn't start creating its own.

• viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I agree with pretty much everything that's been said, but I'm going to repeat them in case EA actually read these just so they know there's interest.

Freelance DJ Career (with integration with Get Famous so composing your own tracks will be part of it).

New Windenberg Festivals

Properly integrating later packs with the Club system. Spellcaster clubs are focused on Setting Everything On Fire. Instead we could have several options for Spellcaster clubs (research magic, practice duelling, mix potions).

Put Karaoke as an actual club activity

Alien focused clubs, science focused clubs! More club types!

Split the Entertainer career into two separate careers: Musician and Comedy. Musician would branch into Rock Star or Classical, while Comedy would branch into Stand Up Comic and, I don't know, maybe TV personality or something?

Band Freelance Career. But that should maybe get its own pack.

More dance types. Making a sim would likes dancing assumes they want to disco dance. Bring in ballet, slow dancing, tango... (again, maybe this should be its own pack)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

Dang all 3 of these need to happen especially Number 2. Also they need a 4th option to dance facing each other. I'd buy this refresh just for the 3 dances especially number 2.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I would like to see swimming, boating and jet skiing around the island of Windenburg.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Windenburg's own festivals. Swimming in the ocean/lakes of Windenburg. A toggle to turn off random clubs. Climbing on Windenburg's hills. About 4 lots in Windenburg's hills. New musical instruments like drums, bass, trumpets, flutes & xenophones.
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    I'd like a new "Local Hangout" lot type as a basegame update. Plus
    -new arcade game meshes/recolors (TS3 had like 9 whereas we only got one w/ GTW)
    -pool tables
    -updated dance animations
    -ability for Sims to slow dance (probably should also be a BG update in my opinion)
  • ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    > Secret clubs - These sims can gather together but if your sim don't know about the club or isn't a member of it, there's no indication they're gathering. Secret clubs cannot be found in club list unless your sim is a member of it.

I love this. It reminds me of the secret society from TS2 university.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Like these ideas, and expanding dance & DJing (especially dance) to a proper 10 level skill, with more styles and such, would be very welcome. And if they found a way to have sims dance differently depending on what music is playing, I might actually faint from joy lol.

This is a little thing, but I kinda wish they'd spruce up the hedge maze a bit. I've always been disappointed that there's...really nothing there? The "wander the maze" action, which is pre-set as part of the Knights of the Hedge club activities, seems utterly boring and useless. I'd love it if tey, idk, added some exclusive items that can only be found there, or maybe there's some kinds of "pixies" or "leprechauns" encounters that happen there, the way there are forest spirit encounters on the hiking and mountain trails in Komorebi. Or a secret entrance to another secret location that can only be found by wandering for a bit, idk. Or even just some special moodlets that you could get there? Just something to make it more than the literal nothing it is now lol.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I love the idea of being able to lock sims into specific neighbourhoods . I also like the idea of enhancing the maze, and new musical instruments would be great.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.