Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids mod that doesn't require Island Living

Is there a working version of a mod like this out there anywhere? Most of the ones I've found are broken and not being updated, and as much as I love mermaids I have a huge issue with paying money for Island Living because of the whole tanning as part of gameplay thing (which I think is incredibly irresponsible of EA to include in a pack without also including the potential consequences). Anyway, Mermaids, I love them, I want them in my game, please tell me there's a working mod out there for them. :)
Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Comments

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I'm sorry, I think that all non-IL mermaid mods would be kinda cr*ppy.. And I don't think they exist, so you might need to buy IL if you want Mermaids.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I think that all non-IL mermaid mods would be kinda cr*ppy.. And I don't think they exist, so you might need to buy IL if you want Mermaids.

Yeah, I ended up caving when a sale was on and buying the pack. Still have a huge issue with sun tanning being a thing, so none of my Sims will be doing that. I'm loving the mermaids though. :)

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    You can either use MCCC to disable autonomous tanning interactions if that's what you want to avoid, or look into Flerb's Sunburn mod which does have a cancer addon and peeling skin, and other stuff: https://modthesims.info/d/607604/automatic-sunburns-v10a.html
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    hymnhehim wrote: »

Yeah, I ended up caving when a sale was on and buying the pack. Still have a huge issue with sun tanning being a thing, so none of my Sims will be doing that. I'm loving the mermaids though. :)

Happy to hear you enjoy it!!🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    You can either use MCCC to disable autonomous tanning interactions if that's what you want to avoid, or look into Flerb's Sunburn mod which does have a cancer addon and peeling skin, and other stuff: https://modthesims.info/d/607604/automatic-sunburns-v10a.html

That mod is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Yay! I'm glad you got it, and you're getting good use out of it :blush:
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Can I suggest the Sea Magic/Witch mod? I used to love playing with mermaids with that mod. It adds a whole different deepness to these creatures... 🌊 🧜‍♀️ 🌗