Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**I'M A SURVIVOR**ON HIATUS - CH 41 - VISIT WITH THE BALA TRIBE - NOV 30

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Can I reserve a place please? I'd like to submit someone but need a bit of time to choose who. Also most of my sims are occults so I'd have to humanise them and check they're not wearing outfits from packs you don't own.

…and remove their skills. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Can I reserve a place please? I'd like to submit someone but need a bit of time to choose who. Also most of my sims are occults so I'd have to humanise them and check they're not wearing outfits from packs you don't own.

…and remove their skills. :grimace:
    That doesn't take too long though with MCCC thankfully :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited August 2021
    @MaggieMarley - Wonderful. Looking forward to your sim and their backstory. A sim or an alien sim. You can also make a brand new sim if you want.

And thank you @LegacySims2017 for answering @MaggieMarley's questions. :)
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2021
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley - Wonderful. Looking forward to your sim and their backstory. A sim or an alien sim. You can also make a brand new sim if you want.

And thank you @LegacySims2017 for answering @MaggieMarley's questions. :)

Isn’t @MaggieMarley and @MonaSolstraale allowed to have two sims in this contest as well as the maker of Sophie? Just wondering and trying to help. I just want to make they have a fair chance of winning this contest just like everyone else.
    @EliteGirl - Certainly she can, of opposite genders.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited August 2021
    My spare sim, who in many ways is the polar opposite of Jackson :D

Name: Ingrid Kwon
    Origin Id: vanpelt81
    Where from: San Myshuno
    Career: Grave Digger
    Bio: Ingrid has been a student of Survivor since she was a toddler. Some of her earliest memories were of watching Survivor with her parents (part of their family's "Survivor Pizza Nights") rooting for her favorites in the iconic reality TV game show. Ingrid can respect most strategies in Survivor, except the riding coat tails strategy (which is just taking the laziest route to getting money when it should be about the adventure with the money the added bonus). Ingrid hopes to be as legendary as a certain pirate survivor in a make shift skirt, a certain used car salesman that controlled the game in every facet imaginable, or if she has to get medically evacuated be as legendary as the guy that couldn't go number two.

Ingrid can be found with the hashtag #SOULGALCAST
    @VanPelt81 - A wonderful second submission! Thank you :)
    edited August 2021
    Thank you for reserving me a place :)

w7ZEYS7.png

Name: Acacia Straud
    Life Stage: Young adult
    Home World: Willow Creek
    Traits: Goofball, paranoid, romantic
    Career: In my game she has been a top level comedian and a top level chef (but I submitted her with no career)
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Origin ID: thisisarealpainx

Biography: Acacia is the second oldest of four children. Her mother is the second gen heiress of a legacy but alas Acacia wasn't destined to be the next heir since she lost the heir poll for the third gen heir. Her grandfather on her mother's side is a vampire (Vlad in fact) and both of her parents are mermaids. She used to be a mermaid herself but in order to enter this competition she had to cure herself of her mermaidism and is now a regular human sim. Her grandmother on her father's side is Princess Cordelia so she has some royal blood in her.

Acacia has spent most of her life being controlled by an evil voice who has been making her grind every waking moment to max skills and complete aspirations. She is a romantic at heart would love to find 'The One' - something which she has never had an opportunity to do before since she wasn't voted in as heir of her family. She also loves a laugh and has an arsenal of awful jokes at her disposal. Acacia has a bit of a paranoid streak so she will probably suspect people of plotting against her... Whether they are or not. She hopes that by entering this challenge she can escape her boring and limited existence in my save, win some independence and hopefully also the million grand.

[I removed her skills, reward traits and lifestyles and humanised her so she is no longer a mermaid. She is at the beginning of YA now and I think I tried to make sure she isn't wearing clothes from any pack that you don't own. The gallery is telling me she is wearing content from JTB but I can't find it so hopefully that is not right!]

ETA: I realised why she is showing as having content from JTB. She has three formalwear outfits and in her second and third formalwear outfits she is wearing a hair from JTB. You can just delete the second and third formalwear outfits or give her the hair from her first formalwear outfit in her second and third formalwear outfits.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    @MaggieMarley - Oh gosh! An ex-mermaid turned human sim just for this challenge. She is one determined sim to enter. lol What a family tree she has! And royalty, no less. The producers will ensure that she has only the finest accommodations while she is part of the challenge. Of course, she might want to pack some eau de cologne to...um...smell her very best. :)
    @MaggieMarley - Her party outfit is high heels and undies. lol Did you want me to choose something for her from the Cottage Living pack, since that's what most of her outfits are. Or something else?
    edited August 2021
    @SoulGal7 Oh no I'm guessing you don't have Dream Home Decorator then (that's where her dress is from)? Sorry, I didn't realise! Her party outfit in my game was this:

hY6LVud.png

So something similar to that would be great but otherwise I trust your judgment haha. Sorry for the inconvenience!

ETA: Or I can try and work out another party outfit for her tomorrow since you aren't closing this for a while.
    @SoulGal7 Oh no I'm guessing you don't have Dream Home Decorator then (that's where her dress is from)? Sorry, I didn't realise! Her party outfit in my game was this:

hY6LVud.png

So something similar to that would be great but otherwise I trust your judgment haha. Sorry for the inconvenience!

ETA: Or I can try and work out another party outfit for her tomorrow since you aren't closing this for a while.

I am so sorry, no I don't have that pack either. But, now that I see her, I can give her a nice dress to wear :)
    @MaggieMarley - I put her in a dress from the Romantic Garden pack. She looks cute in it. :)
    @SoulGal7 thank you so much! And sorry again for that. (tbh I don't like DHD much so you aren't really missing out imo :D it has some nice CAS but the gameplay isn't for me)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thanks for reserving some spots for me! Can't wait for this to start!

sNBqNVq.png

Name: Josiah Kerns
    Home World: Sulani
    Traits: Neat, Child of the Islands, Loves Outdoors
    Career: Vet or marine biologist
    Aspiration: Friend of the Animals
    Origin ID: pammiechick

Bio: SInce he's from Sulani, Josiah hopes he can conquer all the challenges and outwit outlast and...be the SOLE SURVIVOR. But if he can't, maybe he can find someone to live life with? Preferably someone who loves animals and the ocean. (A mermaid, perhaps?)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2021
    Here's my second sacrifice...um...submission! ;)

dbVPq5Q.png

Name: Daphne Staley
    Home World: Henford-on-Bagley
    Traits:Paranoid, romantic, clumsy
    Career: actress
    Aspiration: Master Actress
    Origin ID: pammiechick

Bio: She's a bit spoiled and clumsy and paranoid but that might make things funny! She wants to be an actress and she thinks a win might start her career! She's a farmgirl from Henford-on-Bagley but she wants to go to Del Sol Valley and leave the farming to her parents!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick - Thank you so much for your wonderful sims. I love both of their traits. :)
    I have been testing the Sims Survivor lot that I built over a year ago. It was a beautiful lot...with a nice pool that looks like a pond. Anyway, glad I tested it out first...because with my "Test Survivors" on the very first day, 4 died of drowning...(yes....all within minutes of each other...Grim just stood there and waited...it was sad...no death flowers to give him...and I had one sim plead and it didn't work), one got struck by lightning...and they were all screaming incoherently at each other because of the storm, one got food poisoning (I secretly think it was another Survivor who put something in their food), and one lit themselves on fire from lighting the campfire. I then changed out the pool/pond with the Luminary Exotic fish pond and added koi....innocent little koi...goldfish...one of the survivors jumped in...and...yep...died from the denizens of the deep...hello Grim again.

Oh yeah. Lots of fun. You will be happy to know that I have removed that swimming pond from the lot and still have the Luminary Exotic fish pond, but it seems to work fine if you don't add any fish to it. The lot torture...I mean testing...continues...
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    My submission: Buck Borris

0tc5r7D.jpg

Bio: Buck Borris can start a fire with an ice cube, drown a fish and build a snowman out of rain. Surely he can survive a show with a few other contestants, right?

fEHQ5Mx.jpg

Name: Buck Borris
    Career: Actor, stuntsman and ranger
    Homeworld: StrangerVille
    Why he wants to be on Survivor: To prove that he can survive anything (or that anything can survive him).
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    @divanthesimmer - Oh Buck looks ready to tackle anything! I will download him when I am in game. Good luck, Buck :)
    I’m in love with Buck!! Can Daphne have eyes for him? 😆😆😆
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2021
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    I have been testing the Sims Survivor lot that I built over a year ago. It was a beautiful lot...with a nice pool that looks like a pond. Anyway, glad I tested it out first...because with my "Test Survivors" on the very first day, 4 died of drowning...(yes....all within minutes of each other...Grim just stood there and waited...it was sad...no death flowers to give him...and I had one sim plead and it didn't work), one got struck by lightning...and they were all screaming incoherently at each other because of the storm, one got food poisoning (I secretly think it was another Survivor who put something in their food), and one lit themselves on fire from lighting the campfire. I then changed out the pool/pond with the Luminary Exotic fish pond and added koi....innocent little koi...goldfish...one of the survivors jumped in...and...yep...died from the denizens of the deep...hello Grim again.

Oh yeah. Lots of fun. You will be happy to know that I have removed that swimming pond from the lot and still have the Luminary Exotic fish pond, but it seems to work fine if you don't add any fish to it. The lot torture...I mean testing...continues...

Are the the actual sim survivors we submitted to you and downloaded by you the “test survivors” a test before you add the actual survivors or not? Just was confused by this post, except the part where your test sims died by drowning, food poisoning and one of the sims getting struck by lightning and another one lighting himself on fire.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    Are the the actual sim survivors we submitted to you and downloaded by you the “test survivors” a test before you add the actual survivors or not? Just was confused by this post, except the part where your test sims died by drowning, food poisoning and one of the sims getting struck by lightning and another one lighting himself on fire.

I am only guessing that the Sims we see in her intro might be the "test survivors".
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @EliteGirl - Don't worry, the survivors that have been submitted are safe and have not been played, other than to go into CAS and make sure they have all the bits and pieces of their outfits.

As mentioned in that post, I had built a lot a year ago, and thought it was a nice lot; however, with my "test subjects", and there are several different ones, but @LegacySims2017 is right in that the ones in the photos in my description are some of the "test" subjects. I just wanted to ensure that the lot was somewhat safe for the survivors. I don't want them to drown for sure, so removed the nice pond that I had built, but wanted a water feature, so put in the luminary exotic fish pond. It looks nice, and you can add koi, piranha, sharks to that pond. I added innocent koi (goldfish), and a sim jumped in the pond and perished due to being "lunch" for these koi. So, now, there are no fish or other denizens in that pond, and so the sims should be safe from that hazard and just have a nice water feature on the lot.

The challenge will involve all challenge lot traits (except Simple Living & Foxes). I did have foxes on as a test, but the poor things can't get into the lot and just run around the lot (the doors are locked, so no survivors can escape! lol). And Simple Living would just be too hard for these survivors because I am not controlling them. And weather effects will be on. So, yes, the lot will be subject to ghosts, volcanic bombs, earthquakes, gremlins, grody, creepy crawlies (from Jungle Retreat), cursed, and filthy. The lot will also be off-the-grid. I have also added island spirits and private lot (no-one can then visit them).

So my first test group arrived during a thunder storm, and other than a picnic area that is covered, there is no shelter. I have since changed this as well, because they were in a really bad state, two being terrified. So, the entire lot is now covered. And, some sims set themselves on fire (and extinguish themselves) when they light the campfire, and then have the burned arm moodlet.

And when using a lot, it's good to use "test" subjects to ensure that everything works properly in case they can't get to something.

I have discovered that there are some bugs in the game right now, the pee bush, for example, where they can normally pee and nap, will only let your sim pee. So, I had to change somethings on the lot for that. I also discovered yesterday that for some reason, the pizza delivery and Zoomer's Food delivery were not working. I even changed out a gate for a door and it still didn't work. I was testing this for a "reward" trait, and thought it would be nice if say pizza and drinks would be a reward if they won a Reward Challenge. So, had to re-think that one, and came up with something else.

I hope that answers your question :)