Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having pet problems, is it supposed to happen?

TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
I have myself a cat in my Sims home, I gave him the traits Aloof, Prowler and Free Spirit because in the past I've had them becoming more demanding of attention than toddlers and it made gaining skills much harder for my Sims. I had a Norwegian Forest Cat before the last PS update nearly bricked my system and I had to restore it to factory settings and lose all my game progressions... Ugh. Anyhow, that cat had Aloof as his breed trait, and the combo I use (mentioned above) made him very easy to care for. He'd be off prowling the towns more often than not and though being Companion to both my parent Sims, he required little attention to remain a happy and content cat.

Then the disaster and my necessary starting over. Now my cat, with all the same traits, follows my Sims around and interrupts everything they're doing to get petted autonomously. Always. He disappears into town briefly but always returns to following my Sims. He goes from one to the other all day. Last night my whole household was in mourning because he ran away, both parents and twin toddlers were devestated. When he 'ran away', I had sent him prowling and his background was green, indicating a happy cat, no? The whole time he was GONE it was green, and when he returned it was still green. So why the heck did he run away for no reason???

Is this something the devs snuck in or is it a glitch I should report? Why is my Aloof cat presenting the trait of Affectionate??? It's super annoying, there's a reason I avoid the Affectionate trait, my Sims get nothing done with one in the house! The stupid stuff I've learned to halfway tolerate, like when his background is orange and he's either starving with a full food bowl or wanting a 'nice clean litter box' when there are 3 electronic ones all over the house; when that happens, he's only satisfied if I actually buy a manual litter box. -_- Having to call him to his bowl is annoying but having stinky boxes I forget about because I always use the cat-shaped box with the laser eyes is idi0tic. I adore my cats, IRL and in-game (I have 4), just as much as I adore my babies and toddlers. But you get breaks with the kids when they sleep, your parents can get things actually done. The cats sleep far less often or long as real cats do, so they're constantly interrupting my Sims and it get aggravating quickly. >.<

~Tyger <3

Comments

• WikcidNinjetteWikcidNinjette Posts: 1 New Member
    i want control my pets
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I think it’s a glitch. My Sim has a chihuahua dog who is loyal so means he should follow them around, but the actions you described are exactly the same with this dog, so my guess is pets aren’t just working as they should. I saw the hug, kiss, pet interaction waiting in line like millions of times already. But my Sims usually ignored the dog when doing something else so it doesn’t bother me that much. For dogs there is also a weird thing with going on walk when they don’t actually go anywhere, but stand in one place and got moodlet for good walk, lol. Happens 5 out of 10 times. My experience with cats and dogs is that they are super buggy since I first started using them and I don’t enjoy them as much as I would if working properly.