Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hint that the next expansion is a transportation one?

So I don't have a picture but there is a bus stop in HoB that is actually semi-functional. You can click on it and select "travel".

So we had something like this with the boats in BB years ago so maybe this means nothing. But I was thinking they could do a whole expansion with not just cars but with other transportation like buses, cars, motorcycles, planes, and etc.

I'm not sure if them adding that bus stop in HoB means they could edit the existing worlds to be able to have bus stops and have buses run on the streets. Maybe the best they could do is have the buses only possible in one world which would make a lot of ppl upset so I doubt they would do that.

I have just been wondering what would be the next expansion pack. And I think there is a possibility that this could be it.

If this was the next expansion what would you like to see? And what other hints do we have for a pack like this?
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I mean if you really look close bus stops are around most towns especially like a bench by the road but if this new world has bus station saying travel well yeah it might be possible hint.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    So I don't have a picture but there is a bus stop in HoB that is actually semi-functional. You can click on it and select "travel".

So we had something like this with the boats in BB years ago so maybe this means nothing. But I was thinking they could do a whole expansion with not just cars but with other transportation like buses, cars, motorcycles, planes, and etc.

I'm not sure if them adding that bus stop in HoB means they could edit the existing worlds to be able to have bus stops and have buses run on the streets. Maybe the best they could do is have the buses only possible in one world which would make a lot of ppl upset so I doubt they would do that.

I have just been wondering what would be the next expansion pack. And I think there is a possibility that this could be it.

If this was the next expansion what would you like to see? And what other hints do we have for a pack like this?
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

It could also come in another Gamepack.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @kaiwrysims is the bus stop in debug or live edit items?
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    They probably did that so they wouldnt be mercilessly flayed for the missed opportunity like that time with the train in Snowy Escape lmao
    That train was a whole drama if nobody remembers. Literally all they had to do to avoid that was let us click on it to teleport places 😂 Oh and make it look finished instead of literally one half of a train. When they get to refreshing Snowy Escape thats the first thing they should fix
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    umm...I am really not interested in vehicels at all.Also I dont see any need for them, bikes are ok for the kind of spaces we got in game but cars and planes really dont make any sense, the worlds are too small and closed off.
    I also really dont think that busstop is in any way a hint towards vehicles coming, its just a nicer way to fast travel, just a little touch, nothing more imho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    umm...I am really not interested in vehicels at all.Also I dont see any need for them, bikes are ok for the kind of spaces we got in game but cars and planes really dont make any sense, the worlds are too small and closed off.
    I also really dont think that busstop is in any way a hint towards vehicles coming, its just a nicer way to fast travel, just a little touch, nothing more imho.

If cars aren't coming then why did the gurus in a Livestream say they hear us on cars and a generations pack? I think their working on cars right now.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    If cars aren't coming then why did the gurus in a Livestream say they hear us on cars and a generations pack? I think their working on cars right now.

oh, I didnt know they said that tbf, good to know.
    Still to me personally cars dont make much sense, unless they come with a world that is driveable (longer roads) or maybe some kind of racecar pack including racing tracks and you could build your own racecar (that actually sounds kinda interesting, even to me now).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member

Just because they acknowledge something doesn't mean it's guaranteed to come to the game any time soon, or even at all. I wouldn't take their words as some sort of promise.

Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2021

The return of functioning cars would be a cool idea. But just because they might be working on adding them to the game doesn't mean that they will be added. Something could go sideways, causing them to ditch the whole car idea for S4 altogether.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »

The return of functioning cars would be a cool idea. But just because they might be working on adding them to the game doesn't mean that they will be added. Something could go sideways, causing them to ditch the whole car idea for S4 altogether.
    Has the team ever really acknowledged a problem with the game that they have not worked to fix usually they are just completely silent till people move on to the next thing or just say it can't be done like open worlds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"