Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you "cottage living" outside HOB?

124...Next

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Ian Moody & Derek McMillan won the lottery. So they decided to retire big and move their farm to San Myshyno...
    :D
    BHe7MuF.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited August 2021
    @RedDestiny92 Oasis Springs! I forgot! I already have a big "fake" farm there already! I'll put that one up on my list to work on now!
    (This is an old screenshot, built it more since then, but still, having an actual "redkneck/hillbilly" farm is going to be fun, lol! :D:p

19qJMNQ.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2021
    One family I’m planning on bringing some CoL stuff to is my astronaut, his wife, a toddler daughter, living in Willow Creek. The first thing I’m going to do with them is have them befriend a bunny, and then put the tree bunny hole in their yard. I may also give them a chicken coop as I’m having problems with plants reverting to dirt piles. So many of my families have greenhouses that are wacky now with this dirt pile bug.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I have moved my two families back to Windenburg where there are two 64 X 64 lots. Here is the home of the first family. They are only first because Valentine Sevier arrived in Virginia before his good friend, Joseph Hawkins.

front of the new house I built based on an image of 18th century farm houses in VA
    wOsxUNJ.jpg

back of the lot
    ov6i5V6.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    That is really fun @Admiral8Q . It looks like a helicopter picked up the cottage and yard, flew to the city, and plonked it right down on top of the building.

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2021
    Henford for now is the primary food source farming town. How I wanted it to be.
    I am thinking about Bringing a smaller farm, neighborhood to Brindleton Bay, Windenburg, Glimmerbrooke, Willow Creek I'm thinking about Building another Orchard In Magnolia Blossom Park or on one of the Large Estates Lot, as an extended property.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    That is really fun @Admiral8Q . It looks like a helicopter picked up the cottage and yard, flew to the city, and plonked it right down on top of the building.

I actually did that as a test. To see if it would work. Very funny, I know! To put terrain "grass" and "dirt" down, you would have to make the entire lot a "room". Had to plunk down an elevator, lol!

I was thinking that where their mailbox is, a helicopter would deliver it. :D
    But yeah, either they paid cargo-lifting helicopters, or maybe zeppelin airships? to take their farm to that skyscraper.

Or, *dun* *dun* dun* Alien UFO's did it! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Admiral8Q , here is my penthouse farm.. elevator is in fake chimney. I dealed the terrain paint with those SV dirty rugs :)
    m41TsJg.png
    85aM8Wr.png
    A9SPaYU.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited August 2021
    @Ellupelluellu Wholie Krap!!!!
    Do you have that on the gallery? That's so cool! B):smiley:

I want to "Awesome" that a hundred times!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    @Admiral8Q @Ellupelluellu I really love those farms on top of the skyscrapers! 🎉🎉🎉
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Admiral8Q that is a really nice fake farm, it's really nice in Henford on bagely but I can't help myself placing stuff in other worlds hmm maybe a use for that four lot shopping district...
    @Ellupelluellu that is so pretty the most I have in San M are the chickens I got for Akira and Miko in their apartment.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @Admiral8Q that is a really nice fake farm, it's really nice in Henford on bagely but I can't help myself placing stuff in other worlds hmm maybe a use for that four lot shopping district...

I uploaded the trailer "house" I made to the gallery as both a lot and a "room" version. I play-tested it and it works quite well. :)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Not yet, no. Due to timing of exams when the pack came out I was a bit too busy to play on it. It's only really the last week I've had the chance to fully explore and play. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far and the challenges this pack brings. Not quite ready to explore cottage living outside of Hensford-On-Bagley as still feel as though there's a lot that I haven't covered here yet.
    Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll set some Sims up to explore farming outside of this world. One thing that does bug me though, is how gloomy it is, I'm British and can safely say that the UK isn't gloomy all the time, lol!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I love HoB, but before CL was even announced I had already decided I wanted to create "farming/cottage life"- related locations. I originally used Willow Creek and Newcrest for that purpose (after bulldozing all existing lots), then parts of Brindletown Bay and Windenburg (in particular Crumbling Island and the countryside).

Crumbling Island is my favourite location, because after deleting all existing lots I could really personalise it and turn it into a secluded, gardening paradise for my family as there are no other inhabitants on it. The only residential lot is my family's small cottage, the other lots are marked as "generic" and feature orchards or ruins (including a shipwreck site).

51338866306_883cd661be.jpgcrumbling island by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

51339869435_312bac2ca6_w.jpgcottage by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

51338866191_b21e46c21f_w.jpgshipwreck by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

The public orchard (including every pre-CL plant):

51326834538_fe953fe0c1_w.jpgorchard by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

One of the ruins sites:

51325940507_26a15312e3.jpgRuins by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

There is a wishing well in this lot, and the family goes there to make offerings, in hope of receiving a blessing. I like the idea of this family living in communion with nature away from other people and worshipping the old spirits and fertility deities... in a chill, genuine way.

51327373704_d152e01e50.jpgaltar by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

51327373689_04b5899a9a_w.jpgruins / altar by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

51339084898_f1ef21efee_w.jpgHillfort by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

I'm super-reluctant to make them move to HoB because the uninhabited island is so special for them. And the close-knitted, gossipy community in HoB would be overwhelming for them, they like being on their own.

So I created other Sims to play in HoB.

Love this. The island really does give me ruined cottage vibes. I had my eye on the empty lot in HoB, but now I’m considering just booting everyone off that island lol

—T
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Admiral8Q , @ncisGibbs02 and @RedDestiny92 , thank you :)

@Admiral8Q , it is not in the gallery yet, as the house is just a shell :) I only focused at the yard, and playtested enough so all what needed MOO to place worked :) I'll may finish the house at some point, or just upload it as a shell :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I probably won't have any of the animals in any other world. Currently have 2 households with animals, and that's enough for me. Haven't befriended any wild animals yet, think its too much of a hassle and not sure the "rewards" are worth it. I'll absolutely add the new plants to my already excisting gardens, though. Have to investigate some more about canning and the benefits of canned goods.
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    edited August 2021
    I prefer the individuality of each world and want to preserve it. That said I think a few elements can be incorporated to a few households outside of HOD. Mainly for me Brittleton bay and Sulani. I gave my Sulani volcano inhabitants a chicken coop as they already had a greenhouse for fruits and vegetables. I will do the same to one farm-like home on BB. I like the different worlds as is and what they have to offer. I did change HODs downtown area though, moving out residences and adding a gym, restaurant and retail shop. I think world "downtown" areas should be geared to activities, eating and shopping, not living.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I haven't played on them yet, but I spent most of today making a series of micro homes, since that maximizes the space for farming/gardening, plus all the regular benefits of a micro home. I put up micro homes on the gallery (Rey_Estupendo) for Slip 42, 2-4-1 Wakabamori, Brooks Bridge Borough, and Caldera Camp, and a micro-sized cabin in the woods that I built on Hindquarter Hideaway in Brindleton Bay, but could I guess go anywhere. Some of them have ponds, others just lots of land for farming. Some are off-the-grid or have simple living, others don't. One or two might have wild foxes.

@Admiral8Q , @ncisGibbs02 and @RedDestiny92 , thank you :)

@Admiral8Q , it is not in the gallery yet, as the house is just a shell :) I only focused at the yard, and playtested enough so all what needed MOO to place worked :) I'll may finish the house at some point, or just upload it as a shell :)

I love it, even as a "shell". If you upload it, please PM me here so I can download it. And with you're permission, I'd love to make it functional and after play-testing, re-upload it. (Giving you credit of course). ;):)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yolee wrote: »
    I prefer the individuality of each world and want to preserve it. That said I think a few elements can be incorporated to a few households outside of HOD. Mainly for me Brittleton bay and Sulani. I gave my Sulani volcano inhabitants a chicken coop as they already had a greenhouse for fruits and vegetables. I will do the same to one farm-like home on BB. I like the different worlds as is and what they have to offer. I did change HODs downtown area though, moving out residences and adding a gym, restaurant and retail shop. I think world "downtown" areas should be geared to activities, eating and shopping, not living.
    I am considering booting out the residence in downtown HOB too and on the 30x20 lot there i want to make a big building ( kind of barn like, but probably of brick ) because I want to have kind of a barn dance building. Not sure if I will call it a lounge or nightclub. Probably night club because of the dancing, but instead of a DJ I may put instruments there ( not sure if it needs a DJ booth there though to work ). if so I will put the wooden one there and I will add some violins and guitars around the dance area. If I don’t have to use it, I will just add the instruments and some speakers, or the jute box…… maybe with a bonfire outside. Not really sure of the other two. Maybe a small retail shop with my farmer who is a 10 in woodworking selling woodworking furniture and sculptures. I plan to have his wife work on that Eco living maker job, so she can make furniture for the place too, if I decide to go retail there, they can also sell milk and eggs, and wool if it can be sold, and maybe some produce too…… a couple little shops connected. And, probably a restaurant or a cafe on the other lot. I already changed the bar around a bit to add foosball darts, and the cute tabletop bookshelf that comes with the pack.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on

@SheriSim57 This topic is supposed to be "Cottage Living outside of HOB"...

But yeah, I was actually thinking of turning one of those empty residential lots into something more interesting like a barn night-club or something too. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png