Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Cross-Pack Summary

2...Next

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited July 2021
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    -If simple living is active, campfires can only be used to roast marshmallows (no other foods)

I believe also fish, if you have a fish in your inventory.

I tried that but was still not able to roast fish

Yep. There's no "Roast..." option with Simple Living, just "Marshmallows". So stupid honestly, because without the challenge you can roast fish only if you have it anyway.

Hmmm, that's weird, I was able to. I wonder which way is the bug.

Oh, interesting then. I have mods, so maybe they are the case. I'll check without them.

I think it's definitely hard to sort out at this point which things are bugs, which things were an oversight/missing content, and which things are mod-related. Even though it sounds like most people are saying their mods have been updated at this point, I'm always skeptical this early on. I don't have much-- like I don't use anything big like MCC (?), but I moved my small folder of cc and such to another location for the time being, and have mods turned off, and it seems to be helping... I've seen a few things that need to be fixed, but the game is generally playable, so I'm not planning to reenable them until maybe after the August patch at least.

That being said, even though you'd think they would have made it possible to roast fish in your inventory, it's possible that they will actually "fix" that by taking it out.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    No, it weren't mods. I removed all of them and cleared the cache, but I still have only a “Marshmallows” option. With plenty of fish in my inventory and the fridge. :/
    Also found this:

Gardening bots from DU will help with oversized crops.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Also found this:

Gardening bots from DU will help with oversized crops.

This is a great one, thanks
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Childrenofhurin Thanks for making this thread, it’s very well appreciated! :)
    Here are some more Not Included:

-Honey (Seasons) and Candles (Eco Lifestyle) aren't added to the Grocery Delivery Service
    -Simple Living lot trait doesn’t include (any?) drinks (mixology table from BG / all packs or from the fridge – ex. orange juice)
    -You can’t put a box (6-pack or more) of fizzy drinks / Seltzer (Eco Lifestyle) in the picnic basket
    BUG REPORT HERE
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I am able to use sprinklers on all crops. Took a little placement fiddling for the plots but did work.

I've done some further testing and you're right, for sprinklers to work it isn't enough for the patch to simply be within the sprinkler's range, the sprinkler must be right up against the edge of a patch (not at a corner or 1/2 square removed).
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    @Childrenofhurin Thanks for making this thread, it’s very well appreciated! :)
    Here are some more Not Included:

-Honey (Seasons) and Candles (Eco Lifestyle) aren't added to the Grocery Delivery Service
    -Simple Living lot trait doesn’t include (any?) drinks (mixology table from BG / all packs or from the fridge – ex. orange juice)
    -You can’t put a box (6-pack or more) of fizzy drinks / Seltzer (Eco Lifestyle) in the picnic basket
    BUG REPORT HERE

Thanks for these - simple living not being used for drinks seems intentional and consistent across all packs (I imagine there aren't enough relevant ingredients), although I have mentioned the drinks trays, as well as the kava bowl (which does use kava roots as optional ingredients). I'll add the others.
    Decided to test cleaner-bots too: they will clean a shed and a coop, but not an animal (my cow stayed dirty).
    V6FhTM4_ZFM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&sign=e2a96d1acab550c032022589295340e4&type=album
    Also it can create slight routing issues for the animal, my cow wanted to go back to shed while a bot was cleaning it, and the animation was weird.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    This may hay been mentioned, but I missed it. Spellcasters can clean sheds and livestock with Scruberoo which is awesome.
    Decided to test cleaner-bots too: they will clean a shed and a coop, but not an animal (my cow stayed dirty).
    V6FhTM4_ZFM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&sign=e2a96d1acab550c032022589295340e4&type=album
    Also it can create slight routing issues for the animal, my cow wanted to go back to shed while a bot was cleaning it, and the animation was weird.

Thanks!
    Drakos wrote: »
    This may hay been mentioned, but I missed it. Spellcasters can clean sheds and livestock with Scruberoo which is awesome.

I hadn't seen this before. Has anyone else found stuff with occult sims? I don't play them very often so I'm not really sure what to look for (I tried to see if a sim with level 15 vampire lore skill (not a vampire themselves) could trade animals for plasma packs but it wasn't an option, maybe there's a way for vampires to do it?)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    New discovery from Discover University.

There are optional elective classes for cross-stiching. In Foxbury, it is called Cross-Stitching 101.