Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aspect of your personal life do you want your Sims to experience?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    opening and closing the window for fresh air and temperature control
    I've been wanting this since Sims 4 came out and really, really wanted it with Seasons. I dearly want to be able to have an open-window Juliet talk down to a Romeo on the ground level outside, and for Sims to enjoy fresh air or be able to shut out pollution (because they can also let it in) with Eco Living, and to be able hand someone something through an open window, and for curtains to blow. It's a little thing, but I feel like it's a rich little thing that different packs could use different ways. Like cats getting outside, or Cottage Living birds flying inside...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    other (please explain...)
    Well personally, I'd like to see my Sims be able to learn the instruments I've been playing my whole life like the bass guitar or the drums. HINT HINT MAXIS. HINT HINT.

Yes please!!!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    I'd like to see a wider variety of musical instruments and the ability to form a band, just like with clubs in Get Together. Being able to choose the genre of the band would be great too. I've played percussion/drumkits and sang in bands most of my life. It'd be awesome to see Sims do it too! I'm not even sure you can get them to play in unison right now, if they're close to each other. They just do their own thing.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would say probably the ups and downs of life. I think it would be interesting for Sims' personalities to be shaped on the hardships they've endured. I feel like it's the hardships in life that make us who we are more so than the easy times.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    varying heights based on genetics and environment
    Varying heights so that I can make my sims short like me, lol.
    Mental Illness. lol Have traits like bipolar disorder/extreme mood swings, ADHD, schizophrenia (not one of my issues), OCD and others. It's not fun IRL but would be interesting to see how a Sim would cope.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,959 Member
    I’d like to see a height slider, but I would also love to see gradual aging.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I would like different heights, but no game has that.

Extreme weather sounds fun, but it's not part of my life.

Other: Cars.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I’d like to see health conditions added to the game, with some Sims needing to use wheelchairs, walking sticks or for example becoming blind so they cannot read but instead prefer to listen to the radio. Maybe it’s too sensitive a subject for a light hearted, comedic game but I think it would add more depth and diversity.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    gradual aging with some aging faster/slower than others based on genetics and life choices
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I had a Dad who was 5'll & my Mom who was 5'4, I inherited the 5'4 & so did my Daughter. Most of my cousins male & female are taller than me & my Daughter.
    I would love a height slide in CAS.

I'm a shorty, too. But, at 5'31/2" I was taller than my mother and my Grandmother. Tallest female, in fact, in two generations. Which isn't saying much. We get what we get. Half of our father's DNA and have of our mother's DNA. Siblings also get the same measure, but not the exact same DNA we get. I would love to be able to have the females, on the whole, shorter than the males, if they can work out the animations. I know they don't want to encourage those who play in a unseemly manner, so perhaps they can set it for the shortest female height a Sim can have, taller than Child Sims. That would be great.

I would also like the one I chose, plus the disasters natural or manmade. This would add a little spice, uncertainty to the game so as to keep the player on their toes, if you will. Impending doom can be 'fun' in its own way. ;) Unpredictable, at the very least.

I am 66 years old. My hair, while getting lighter in hue due to the strands of white hair coming in, is still very much red. This is the blessing of my heritage. Mom didn't go gray all at once, either. Dad's hair went white gradually, too. My maternal grandmother was gray from age 35, on the other hand. So, yeah, aging should be gradual for some and more rapid for other Sims. That would be cool.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Mental Illness. lol Have traits like bipolar disorder/extreme mood swings, ADHD, schizophrenia (not one of my issues), OCD and others. It's not fun IRL but would be interesting to see how a Sim would cope.

They kind of have these in Sims 3, and they're amazing. Neurotic is my favorite trait because it is me. There's also socially awkward, over emotional, inappropriate and insane. And quite a few others which, when combined, can make for some interesting neuro-divergent sims (with all packs, you can have up to 7 traits). And with traits, you will have interactions that only a sim with that trait can use, and they also affect autonomous actions.

I really miss being able to make neuro-divergent sims in the Sims 4, tbh.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    I think varying heights would be cool. My Simself would be just a bit taller than the middle setting on the slider (I'm 5'11".) My wife's Simself would be similarly set (she's 5'5".) But one of my best friends is 6'6", and his wife is shorter than mine. I'm thinking it would be difficult to get the animations to work well for handshakes, hugs, and kisses if Sims were different heights.

I visualize Sims as being different heights, anyway. I think of Dina Caliente and Eliza Pancakes as petite. In my world, Geoffrey Landgraab and Paolo Rocca are shorter than average. Marcus Flex is taller, and so are the Fengs and Bjergsens.

I chose "other," because I would like to see Sims actually dance together when they dance with someone. As it is now, they can be halfway across the dance floor from their partners, turned every which way. They should be able to slow dance, too. Acquaintances and friends could rest their hands on their partner's waists and shoulders and sway together. Good friends could playfully dip each other and happily twirl in each other's arms. Romantic interests could dance closer, and perhaps share a kiss on the dance floor. A loving parent could sweetly teach their child to dance.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally, I would like them to have religious type gatherings. I DO NOT want to use clubs or calendar events as a way to accommodate/accomplish it. I want it to be more sims then both those game mechanics allow anyway.
    Felicity wrote: »
    Justa_G00f wrote: »

They kind of have these in Sims 3, and they're amazing. Neurotic is my favorite trait because it is me. There's also socially awkward, over emotional, inappropriate and insane. And quite a few others which, when combined, can make for some interesting neuro-divergent sims (with all packs, you can have up to 7 traits). And with traits, you will have interactions that only a sim with that trait can use, and they also affect autonomous actions.

I really miss being able to make neuro-divergent sims in the Sims 4, tbh.

It's pretty sad when a game has been out for close to 10 years (?) and people are still playing the version before it. Now I'm wondering if I should have saved my money for Sims 3 and all of it's packs instead of #4.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The Ability to be transgender. Yes I know we have things like the gender system and canonically trans sims, but I want official terminology and such in the game.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    bilingualism and multilingualism, with varying degrees of proficiency based on geographic location, and translators + interpreters
    @Justa_G00f If you can afford the Sims 3 and all of the packs, and your computer can handle them, then go for it!

The Sims 3 has a much more flexible and customizable Build Mode than The Sims 4. Almost everything can be redesigned and customized to your own personal taste! It can make the Sims 4 Build Mode feel like a little toy.

The Sims 3 Island Paradise is a tenfold better than The Sims 4 Island Living. You get the same amount of stuff, plus more. You also get a big world to play in called Isla Paradiso, and you can just zoom in and mess around.

The Sims 3 Late Night is also much better than The Sims 4 City Living. At the very least, it does feel like a city, and that you live in a penthouse. In The Sims 4, it feels like a regular house. Thanks to the open world.

The open world game engine is really a game changer. That, and Story Progression. You can read the newspaper and check out for gossips, and watch your neighborhood come alive.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Either variable heights for sims or proper genetics with recessive genes. The genetic system would be for regular genes like hair colours for example, not necessarily for deadly illnesses. Opening windows for fresh air would be nice too.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    extreme weather and natural disasters and man-made disasters
    I mostly want natural disasters and varying heights.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    My sims can't even handle thunder, I can't imagine any natural disaster.

Honestly, I play so it's nothing like my life 😅 but I'd love it if npcs didn't interrupt dates constantly. I'd actually just like way fewer npcs in general.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    @Justa_G00f If you can afford the Sims 3 and all of the packs, and your computer can handle them, then go for it!

The Sims 3 has a much more flexible and customizable Build Mode than The Sims 4. Almost everything can be redesigned and customized to your own personal taste! It can make the Sims 4 Build Mode feel like a little toy.

The Sims 3 Island Paradise is a tenfold better than The Sims 4 Island Living. You get the same amount of stuff, plus more. You also get a big world to play in called Isla Paradiso, and you can just zoom in and mess around.

The Sims 3 Late Night is also much better than The Sims 4 City Living. At the very least, it does feel like a city, and that you live in a penthouse. In The Sims 4, it feels like a regular house. Thanks to the open world.

The open world game engine is really a game changer. That, and Story Progression. You can read the newspaper and check out for gossips, and watch your neighborhood come alive.

While I feel Sims 3 is the better game, it's one I advise people to research before getting. It needs a powerful computer, but at the same time, the game files need changing in order to recognize the GPU and to treat the CPU as a powerful one. And there are a few mods that the game needs in order to run (either Awesome Mod or NRaas Overwatch at bare minimum to take care of the vehicle issues). I guess I'm saying it really doesn't work that well out of the box, but with some tweaking, it's amazing.

For Sims 4, I'd love for sims to have actual personalities as opposed to just being guided by their emotions.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

For my sim to be able to look in the mirror and say:

"Oh Gee, look at that gorgeous manly chest. And wowee, did you see those armpits? And would ya look at those arms and legs! Those are well covered!"

Covered with what Captain Simself ?

"With fff eckkin' BODYHAIR!"
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

For my sim to be able to look in the mirror and say:

"Oh Gee, look at that gorgeous manly chest. And wowee, did you see those armpits? And would ya look at those arms and legs! Those are well covered!"

Covered with what Captain Simself ?

"With fff eckkin' BODYHAIR!"

I wish! But sadly, with how tame TS4 is, we'd only get chesthair for the guys, and I'll still have to use bodyhair from Luumia.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    extreme weather and natural disasters and man-made disasters
    Extreme weather, natural & man(Sim-?)made disasters!

I miss the meteorites and big earthquakes from TS3 (and being able to play a firefighter Sim)!

Although I'd also enjoy varying heights based on genetics and environment, opening and closing the window for fresh air and temperature control, and (but optional, for handy sims) the ability to install electrical wires, plugs and sockets, water heaters, septic tanks
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I'd love it if npcs didn't interrupt dates constantly.

THIS. I don't mind seeing lots of NPCs around. But my Sims have had their romantic moments crashed by townies more times than I can count. Taking a date out to a cafe is a recipe for disaster. The lounges aren't much better, because invariably there's an NPC there with an insatiable urge to play third wheel.

The spare is almost always in a Flirty mood, too...
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    opening and closing the window for fresh air and temperature control
    You've made me realise I've a weird love for the open windows in the game. I could not tell you what it is.
    Maybe it's the freedom of airflow.
    Maybe it's the fact that it's like a hole in the wall, but with a clear border.
    Maybe I just wish they could open any window whatsoever.

Now I know my second wish after fixing the game: Window-opening.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).