Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aspect of your personal life do you want your Sims to experience?

What aspect of your personal life do you want your Sims to experience? 139 votes

bilingualism and multilingualism, with varying degrees of proficiency based on geographic location, and translators + interpreters
5%
Sajahiwaterywatermelonblur0seEnkiSchmidtStrawberryYogurtHopeyStarrElisetom 7 votes
extreme weather and natural disasters and man-made disasters
16%
alexspoom13ncisGibbs02SnuffyBucketpendragon1980FlashMarkerDarkLady2788ToriemlmeadowsBabykittyjadeblueyblueskyAdria22LiELFmusteniGrumpyGlowfishlogionCharlotta11SimmingalorenjiAi[Deleted User]Bastet 23 votes
wall thickness and home insulation
0%
gradual aging with some aging faster/slower than others based on genetics and life choices
8%
Akl500PBreeSashaGalacticGalalan650111rudolphaStrangerthanelanorbretonbixtersMaggieMarleyPalmArrowEliteGirlBettyNewbie1 12 votes
varying heights based on genetics and environment
25%
winkeljohn78verlainemMichelleWgoodcakebaker62MindofysekojranataydevPlumbobCrossingyoursharona34HarukotyanSindocatfiercephoenix91sof2106SheriSim57mikamakimonAtreya33birdonawireAelitaJezebelleWolfiumGalaxySimsGirl 35 votes
heritable genetic conditions that can immediately end a Sim's life at a certain age
1%
SimplyJenGonnawin1111 2 votes
pregnancy complications and maternal death
0%
opening and closing the window for fresh air and temperature control
15%
auroraael14tams2578simgirl1010JestTruluthienrisingKennziKaigelisasc360jheyjuneicejak135DaraviParmaViolet87DoloresGreyQuaayKyreRoenSAEldarinsuperkyle221TS1299AbbyZdearie_blossomNushnushganay 22 votes
requirement for the player to install electrical wires, plugs and sockets; install water heaters for hot water baths; install septic tank for sewage treatment
0%
other (please explain...)
27%
Mstybl95PlayerSinger2010rhaliusIsb917mercuryfoamkemoweryChampandGirlieRipleyrawrSweetieWright_84CAPTAIN_NXR7zoeisabeliaMasonGamerScobreModerateOspreyDoodlyDoofusDominicLaurenceMonaveilNorthDakotaGamerRavenSpitAmapola76 38 votes

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    As a German I feel obligated to vote for this. I can‘t live without lüften.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    well its not really my personal life cause i dont really live in area for any of these but I think more disasters would just be good for gameplay cause we need more natural ways for our sims to perish

and game could really have some more shocking turns of events

maybe it could also be lot challenge so if you dont like it for specific households you don't have to deal with it

I wouldn't mind being able to open windows too like even just click them open in live mode like you control lights etc cause it is kinda weird your sims either have their windows closed always or open all time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I had a Dad who was 5'll & my Mom who was 5'4, I inherited the 5'4 & so did my Daughter. Most of my cousins male & female are taller than me & my Daughter.
    I would love a height slide in CAS.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    gradual aging with some aging faster/slower than others based on genetics and life choices
    It was a tough decision between ageing and heights.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I’m not really expecting any Cities Skyline level or detail of animations. (Although devastating, it’d be so admittedly cool to see our builds flooded knee-deep, or torn-up by a tornado, or getting swallowed by forest fires.) The Sims team could include it in an Emergency/Disaster Response game pack with ✨functional✨ firemen and police. To keep the PTSD triggers minimal, the focus should not be on the disaster per se but what comes after: Help and relief, hope, resilience, an opportunity to build your life back up, and other positives.

The other options are nice too but I feel that they’re either just cosmetic and don’t really add much gameplay or are features already existing in the game to some extent…
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    ... Playing a wind instrument. I don't want any of the rest of that in my game.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'll take all of it, but I want sims to speak different languages and for height variations the most.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would also enjoy the various aging and extreme weather, though.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I would like varying heights...but I don't think Maxis will do it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    None of the above. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    bilingualism and multilingualism, with varying degrees of proficiency based on geographic location, and translators + interpreters
    I use a language mod that has each world have a language. Your sim has tl skill up for example in Windenburgish by practicing talking, asking for tips, reading language books and whatnot
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    As a German I feel obligated to vote for this. I can‘t live without lüften.

This one, it's just a small step, but fresh air in my home is necessary.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    cytnl wrote: »
    Natural disasters don't feel personal, and I actually enjoy weather in the game. Some of these other choices are absolutely terrible ideas and should be left to mods - we don't need to traumatize people who have suffered things like miscarriages/early death of family members via genetic disease/etc in their actual lives by making the game -that- "realistic".

I would never wish most of the personal details of my life on a sim. (Which is why mine usually have good lives.)

I mean natural diasters can be equally as traumatic....
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Well personally, I'd like to see my Sims be able to learn the instruments I've been playing my whole life like the bass guitar or the drums. HINT HINT MAXIS. HINT HINT.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    I’d love a tornado 🌪🌪🌪 pack with the option of building a bunker (different to basements) and there’s a timer to get inside and lock it.
    Twister is one my favourite movies. Maybe even a new career as a storm chaser!

I think there are five levels of tornadoes 🌪 so you could select the damage level. I would only like this on the active lot.
    Entire neighbourhoods or even worlds being affected would be too much.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    None of this seems to really do much for gameplay.

The things I'd want would be mainly trait related.

Sims should be able to lay lazy on a couch, eating some chips while watching tv with a drink within reach.
    Heck being lazy should be a whole lifestyle. It should be fun to watch a lazy Sim find new ways to do less work or laze around.
    As it is they just mildly resent doing some work but they still do it without complaints and if the room is nicely decorated enough you won't notice at all.
    I'd want to see lazy versions of various interactions.

Traits should also affect what Sims can create since it should make them think of things other wouldn't even consider.
    A creative Sim could paint things no other can.
    A virtuoso musician should do better in that field than someone else, at their peak they should be able to give performances no one else can.

Speaking of music, why the heck is there no rock music? Why is most music so terrible in Sims 4, period? I'd like my sims to be able to listen to good music, and it should be possible to make them dislike as many musics as I'd want them to. They need to remove that stupid limit of only being able to dislike 20 things.
    The horrible music selection alone makes me want to use all 20 on just music.

People are very different, and can be special. Sims 4 just says no one is special and everyone is just the same person with only super shallow differences. For a life simulator, it seems the creators know very little about life and about people.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am also interested in more extreme weather, but I am not interested at all in having my house wiped and having to rebuild it. Basically, it would need to be in a way that a reasonable player could prevent it, or let chaos reign if they please. Pure, unstoppable punishment style consequences are not fun.

As for what I do want... It is hard to explain. I want more humor. More grittiness. I do not need senseless death or extra tedium for the sake of it, but if they were done well I would not turn them down either. The Sims 4 largely feels as though as if it does not earn its T for Teen rating when I look at its company in that category. Asking for death, destruction, and other mature themes directly I could see as a bit too on the nose, but all I know is if this is a game about representation my real life story is too dark to have any proper sort of accuracy. Granted, I myself am not too sure how much of that I actually want in the game, but I think we could start with not all Sims feeling like lambs. Maybe I might want some darkness proper if Sims could bother to offend me.

It also just occured to me that I cannot even imagine Sims 4 to have a pack titled "Hot Dates," as in the original. I think that kind of demonstrates how far we've come, no?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Optional, though.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    In answer to the question posed by the thread title - virtually none, other than pet ownership, which is available.

From the choices in the poll, differing heights would be great. Oddly, while I know it's an illusion, it frequently seems as though my sims differ in height. I know internally who is taller or shorter than whom, but it would be nice to make it so.

Other of these choices, however realistic, would not appeal to me. I nursed my mother through her final year and a half of dementia and it was a nightmare. Not something I want to revisit in The Sims. Mods for heterochromia are quite popular. I don't think the same would be true of mods for hemachromatosis.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not my personal life but I don't get personal with video games. This would be totally AWESOME. And a much needed break from the happy whimsical vibes imo.
    The other options are focusing way too much on trying to make the sims replicate everyday boring real life "imo."
    But a height slider would be nice
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm on the fence about wanting disasters, I might be ok with a few but it wouldn't be my regular playstyle. I would take more events of different types and sometimes those could have negative consequences. Gradual aging or adding middle age or more detail to different life stages would interest me. Mostly I want things for them to do.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    None of this seems to really do much for gameplay.

The things I'd want would be mainly trait related.

Sims should be able to lay lazy on a couch, eating some chips while watching tv with a drink within reach.
    Heck being lazy should be a whole lifestyle. It should be fun to watch a lazy Sim find new ways to do less work or laze around.
    As it is they just mildly resent doing some work but they still do it without complaints and if the room is nicely decorated enough you won't notice at all.
    I'd want to see lazy versions of various interactions.

Traits should also affect what Sims can create since it should make them think of things other wouldn't even consider.
    A creative Sim could paint things no other can.
    A virtuoso musician should do better in that field than someone else, at their peak they should be able to give performances no one else can.

Speaking of music, why the heck is there no rock music? Why is most music so terrible in Sims 4, period? I'd like my sims to be able to listen to good music, and it should be possible to make them dislike as many musics as I'd want them to. They need to remove that stupid limit of only being able to dislike 20 things.
    The horrible music selection alone makes me want to use all 20 on just music.

People are very different, and can be special. Sims 4 just says no one is special and everyone is just the same person with only super shallow differences. For a life simulator, it seems the creators know very little about life and about people.

Why are you in my head :)

Yeah, this ^
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • AelitaJezebelleAelitaJezebelle Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd like to see several of these things, like the natural disasters, genetic conditions, bilinguism, etc. I like for my games to be as realistic as possible and there's so much that could be added to achieve that. I chose height though, because it's really the most basic thing which I feel should have been in the game from the beginning.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Playing music together <3

More opportunities for community life in general... clubs and NAPs do a little but I'd love to be able to customize them more and have them affect gameplay more.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would like burglars back and also random events and consequences with optional toggles for those that don't want it.