Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Traits Slots PLEASE!! POLL!!

This is just a poll to try and get Maxis to give us more Trait slots in CAS, right now we have only 3, and I am asking for no less then 3 more to make it to 6 traits, though if we could have more, like say 8 that would be even better!

They keep giving us more and more new traits, in fact we get 2 new one's with Cottage Living, and some of those traits are even a personality thing, like lactose intolerant, that's not a personality trait, that is something you are born with, like being allergic to something, so why put it as a trait?

I don't even thing Vegetarian should be a trait, even though it's a choice, I think certain things should have they're own category or we need a lot more trait slots!

I often want to use Vegetarian, but don't use it because I there are other traits I also wanted to use, but because there is only 3 slots I either have to get rid of one of the other or leave Vegetarian out, so I leave it out usually!

And no I am not a vegetarian, but just like playing with Sims of a different race or gender, I sometimes like to play with a Sims who is a vegetarian too!

So I want people to say if they would like more slots, maybe if enough people say they want more slots, like 6 to 8 slots, maybe they will finally add them, sure I know many people have been asking for more since the game came out, but I thought it was worth a try again!
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've had a more trait slots mod in the past (this one by thepancake1) and I think somewhere they said that 5 slots is the maximum that the UI can hold, though they could update it. However, Vegetarian and Lactose Intolerant should be something else, like a can not eat list, not technically a trait, like you said:
    Why put it as a trait?
    (also, why say this is a "poll" when you didn't make it a poll?)

Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    AlHusainAlHusain Posts: 5 New Member
    I think 6 will be too many, 4 maximum traits will be sensible cause if your sim will have all these traits after one generation your family tree will master the sims 4 traits :D :D :D
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I’m not too bothered by only having three “choosable” traits (and there’s also the bonus trait that you get when you choose an aspiration). If you raise a Sim from birth, they get the opportunity to earn far more than just three, particularly if you play on the long lifespan or with aging off which I know is popular with Simmers. For example, with one of my Sims who is now a YA and was born in-game, she earned Top Notch Toddler, all four child aspiration traits and all five character value traits, in addition to her three “chosen” traits. So that’s 13 traits in total, plus she also has Stoves and Grills Master from the rewards store making 14 traits. That’s double the maximum you can earn in Sims 3 (with the five traits you get as an adult, plus the two potential extra from university). This was in a save where I have everyone on the long lifespan, but even with the normal setting you can earn a fair number.

Of course, this is just what *I* think, and I know others are frustrated by only being allowed to pick three traits in CAS. I do find it odd that “vegetarian” is a personality trait, but I never play with it.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I don't know about 6 trait slots, I feel like that would be a lot to fill. But I'd like it if there were at least 5. Like maybe for everything after 3 there was a "+" button where you add more slots. Like a customizable amount of traits. So you could have sims with just the three traits, or you could get more in-depth.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm in the middle. More is not a bad thing. I think 5 for adults, 4 for teens 3 for kids 2 for toddlers sounds reasonable to me. I agree with @Lucy_Henley traits are done differently in ts4. My sims actually have tons of traits from in game. You learn them through various game play. Some I cheat. Ts4 have way more traits than people seem to get.

But on the other hand like I said, I see nothing bad with being able to choose from more CAS traits so why not. I say YES please 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    I've had a more trait slots mod in the past (this one by thepancake1) and I think somewhere they said that 5 slots is the maximum that the UI can hold, though they could update it.

I use that same mod and yeah, I'm pretty sure I read the same thing, that the UI can only accommodate 5 trait slots, which I'm ok with that (it's better than just 3) and I feel like even just adding the 2 extra slots helps me feel like my sims are more unique. Course it could just be a placebo effect because I mentally know I picked 5 traits for them, so they should "technically" be more lively and different from someone with only 3 traits assigned.

But to answer the non-poll, YES! More trait slots please!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am happy with just the three slots, given the number of other traits that can be unlocked as you play. But I would certainly like to see more traits to choose from when populating those three slots.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    I've had a more trait slots mod in the past (this one by thepancake1) and I think somewhere they said that 5 slots is the maximum that the UI can hold, though they could update it.

I use that same mod and yeah, I'm pretty sure I read the same thing, that the UI can only accommodate 5 trait slots, which I'm ok with that (it's better than just 3) and I feel like even just adding the 2 extra slots helps me feel like my sims are more unique. Course it could just be a placebo effect because I mentally know I picked 5 traits for them, so they should "technically" be more lively and different from someone with only 3 traits assigned.

But to answer the non-poll, YES! More trait slots please!

Ah! I knew I read it somewhere. I agree. I got rid of the mod after the Likes and Dislikes patch, because my game had a very weird glitch, but I would definitely get it again :)
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I’m not too bothered by only having three “choosable” traits (and there’s also the bonus trait that you get when you choose an aspiration). If you raise a Sim from birth, they get the opportunity to earn far more than just three, particularly if you play on the long lifespan or with aging off which I know is popular with Simmers. For example, with one of my Sims who is now a YA and was born in-game, she earned Top Notch Toddler, all four child aspiration traits and all five character value traits, in addition to her three “chosen” traits. So that’s 13 traits in total, plus she also has Stoves and Grills Master from the rewards store making 14 traits. That’s double the maximum you can earn in Sims 3 (with the five traits you get as an adult, plus the two potential extra from university). This was in a save where I have everyone on the long lifespan, but even with the normal setting you can earn a fair number.

Of course, this is just what *I* think, and I know others are frustrated by only being allowed to pick three traits in CAS. I do find it odd that “vegetarian” is a personality trait, but I never play with it.

My sims usually have tons of those traits, but I feel like they are more like perks than actual traits. They add almost nothing to personalities, except for Parenthood ones, these are fun.
    So yes, I would love more trait slots. I think 5 would be enough, but we also need more traits! Sims 4 is lacking here.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    I don't know about 6 trait slots, I feel like that would be a lot to fill. But I'd like it if there were at least 5. Like maybe for everything after 3 there was a "+" button where you add more slots. Like a customizable amount of traits. So you could have sims with just the three traits, or you could get more in-depth.

Exactly this!
  • Options
    CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    I think more traits assigned when creating a sim would help when making families, because they could have some of the same traits as a family, but then be more individualized with the addition of different ones as well. I think it'd be great if we could choose 5 or 6 traits for each sim. I also have said for a long time that we need more trait options in general.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    I have no issue with just having 3 slots, but I think for me, more would be a cool idea. I think up to 5 max.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I do want more traits. 6-8 would be nice. I wish they would make the number of lot traits higher as well. They made the bad lot traits as many as you want, but not the lot traits. I would like it if we could pick as many as we would like on it as well. I usually want painting, gardening, but then you have to pick between chef/multiple births ect.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I wish they would make the number of lot traits higher as well.

Me too! :D This would be really nice. While them moving some traits to lot challenges, I still would like my house to be homey, convival, have bracing breezes, AND naturally lit.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member

Vegetarian might work as a personality trait for vampires, in most media vegetarian vampires still need to drink blood but refuse to drink blood from humans so they have to get it elsewhere but I do however support extra traits slots, we had 5 in the previous games.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If they continue to add things like lactose intolerant which has nothing to do with personality they need to add more slots its just weird to have to take a spot for that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    If they continue to add things like lactose intolerant which has nothing to do with personality they need to add more slots its just weird to have to take a spot for that.

Agreed it should be in it's own separate category.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Agreed it should be in it's own separate category.

Yeah, maybe within the Likes and Dislikes or something like that!
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I generally use mods and cheats to get more traits, so it would be nice to be able to get more without having to do that.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    5 trait slots please!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    The author hasn't replied since they posted this..
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2021
    And the traits conflicts are a bit too limited. I know this may have something to do with moodlets, and I hope the gurus can improve in this regard.

For example, a sanctimonious sim: proper and mean. But these two traits are conflict.
    It can be handled like this: Sims both have proper and mean traits will still happy when they use a mean or mischief interaction. This sanctimonious sim revealed their true colors.🙂🙃
    Mean doesn't same as evil. The sanctimonious sims may not really bad in heart.

And I don't know why the brave trait is a reward trait. I think "fearless" is obviously more suitable as a reward trait
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    with reward, hidden & aspiration traits you actually have more than 3. My sims have lots of traits.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱