Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if... (new features ideas discussing area)

13...Next

Comments

• BobcatplayerBobcatplayer Posts: 2 New Member
    You know what I would like to see, the firefighter career. Even if its a rabbit hole. I figured we already have police, secreat agent and Fireman available to put out the fires I thought why not. Besides I want to do a story based on the backstory of Fuller House.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    In the Spa Day Refresh one of our new Yoga Mats has a design with the phases of the moon on it.

I can't think of a less appropriate pack to have that design in (Spa Day, phases of the moon?), so it's GOT to be a hint for Werewolves. Plus since we have nails in Base Game, we could have some claw designs easily in a Werewolf pack.

Surely with Werewolves we'll get Lunar Phases in our Base Game Calendar? Werewolves will be at their most powerful during the Full Moon. Like Vampires turn into Bats, Werewolves can turn into Wolves - I mean, they have all the animations.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Not sure if this is the right board for suggesting new features, but a dream pack for me (as in it probably won't happen) would be a mystery pack. I'm not the biggest fan of the detective career in Get to Work, but I really like the Investigator profession in the Sims 3 Ambitions. It would be cool to have the return of the Investigator Career track return but you get to choose two types of "tracks":

- Private Eye Track: Where you're more of a Noir style detective in the vein of the Maltese Falcon or Columbo.
    OR
    - Consulting Detective Track: Where you have to solve crimes in a "closed circle" whodunit such as And There were None or Clue.

And for added measure, perhaps they could bring back a world similar to Roaring Heights since I think these careers could work for both settings. Alternatively, include clothing and objects that can present a retro aesthetic that's less formal than the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack. Heck! They could even have a typewriter as an off the grid computer!

Would love this as well. I'd actually bugged SimGuruGraham (I think that was his name) about the idea before he left working on Sims 4 about it. He admitted he was a fan of the idea.

though I think I phrased it more as a "Freelance Detective Track that would be called Private Investigator".

Definitely would love more "retro" and "vintage" items and fashions as well as the off the grid typewriter. (while there is one in Cottage Living, it doesn't really fit the aesthetic that I am thinking of. :smile:
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    In the Spa Day Refresh one of our new Yoga Mats has a design with the phases of the moon on it.

I can't think of a less appropriate pack to have that design in (Spa Day, phases of the moon?),
    so it's GOT to be a hint for Werewolves. Plus since we have nails in Base Game, we could have some claw designs easily in a Werewolf pack.

Surely with Werewolves we'll get Lunar Phases in our Base Game Calendar? Werewolves will be at their most powerful during the Full Moon. Like Vampires turn into
    Bats, Werewolves can turn into Wolves - I mean, they have all the animations.

@Loanet actually a moon design could be considered appropriate for Spa Day.
    In Ayurvedic medicine, moonlight is believed to help heal and soothe the body.
    The moon gently energizes, in contrast with the sun’s sharp brightness. Moonlight exposure is thought to also relieve anxiety and stress and improve relaxation by prompting the natural release of melatonin.

Why Moon Gazing Meditation Might Be the Key to a Healthier, More Mindful Life
    https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/moon-gazing#how-its-different
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Just a thought. But wouldn't it be nice if when they made a new pack we could have 3 options. Example: One team makes cas , one team makes build and one team makes game play and adds in the other two parts. ( like what we get now). That way people who want cas and build items from say vampires they can buy it without the vampire gameplay. And please let Werewolves come soon. Also, please throw in some very long hair styles, you know the style we don't have any off.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    - sculpting
    - glassblowing
    - rowing boats into swimmable waters
    These skills are big in the Scandinavian countries, I made a pack idea on this:
    SCANDINAVIAN / NORDIC PACK - AURORA SKIIES 2.0
    Ice sculpting / Glass blowing / Build wodden rows boats (cut trees & collect wood & Woodworking skill)
    edited July 2022
    - a talent system
    - improved game setting options to slow down skill progress
    - skills slowly declining when an hobby is left for some time
    - chance for sims to be bad at skills (es. not being able to max up singing but loving it and still sing your heart out while showering

SKILLS UPDATE: CURRENT SKILL SHAPE & LOSING SKILLS
    • All skills will have a skill Info panel that show Current Skill Shape
    • Not performing a skill for a while = Decrease the Current Skill Shape
    • Very low Current Skill Shape for a longer period of time = risk to lose some skill levels.
    • Current Skill Shape are especially important for some Freelance careers & Competing careers
      (🎙️Musician / ⚽Soccer player / 🏂🏿Professional Snowboarder / ⛸️Professional Ice Skater / etc).
    • Toggle on / off in the settings for Slower skill progression & Losing skills
    REFRESH THE CAREER SYSTEM (POLL + THREAD)

SIM CHALLENGES (Lot Challenges but on sims)
    1. Talent system: Select skills that your sim will learn slower
    2. Non-resistant for illnesses (if you want illnesses in your game)
    3. Sensitive Immune system (more often ill / bigger illnesses consequences)
    4. Lactose intolerance & or ex. Pollen allergy / other intolerance
    5. Infertility (Difficulty to become pregnant)
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
    edited September 2021
    - an online marketplace (like amazon) where you can buy any kind of goods and sell your used ones (like second hand);
    ONLINE WEBSHOPS
    Instead of the current webshops:
    • Open an Online webbshop at home = Private account
    • Open an Online webbshop for your Bussiness = Bussiness account (Functional Rabbit hole store / Retail store / Restaurant)
    • Manage Prices / Supply (ex. 🛍️Groceries / 🛷Outdoor Equipments / 🕯️Candles / 🧪Pet Medicine)
    • Get rated from ⭐ 1-5 stars ⭐ (Customer Satisfaction / Price / Quality / Social interaction)
    • Sims can purchase from the Webshops in your save
    • Online goods cost a bit more (pay for shipping!) and will Arrive in your Mailbox (smaller goods) / Package outside door (bigger goods)

+Improved Plopsy (Create an user + 2nd hand stuff + candles / etc added)
    edited September 2021
    - bank
    - bank system (loans, debts, stock market)
    - kids saving bank account to pile up pocket money gained from chores

💲 LOT CHALLENGE: COSTLY LIVING 💲
    💲 Banks: Stock market / Bank loans (start with 0:- money)
    💲 Separate Bank Accounts (kids - elder)
    💲 Improved bills: Wifi / Tv / Cellphone cost money (subscription services)
    💲 Option to Rent houses (if not enough money)

💎 LOT CHALLENGE: EXTRAVAGANT LIVING 💎
    💎New Hairstyle & Hair dye cost money & Impact gameplay
    • Kids inherit Genetic hair (selected)
    • Dye hair in CAS (will not fade) or at the Beauty Salon Lot (will fade)
    • Hair can get messy (moodlet +apparance) if not cut for a while (not overpowering! +4 weeks or longer)
    • Small increase of fame with new Hairstyle / Haircoloring / Clothes (if updated Simstagram account)
    • Self absorbed / Materialistic / Snob / Vain street sims get negative moodlets if not paying for a Haircut / Hair dye / new Clothes / Nails / Face mask for a longer period of time
    💎Clothes Cost money in CAS & Impact gameplay
    • Some clothes have Cheap / Expensive versions
    • Self absorbed / Materialistic / Snob / Vain street sims get negative moodlets from wearing cheap clothes / work clothes (ex. overalls)
    • If wearing cheap clothes / overalls: Sims can gain “bad 1st impression” sentiment from Materialistic / Snob / Self absorbed / Vain street sims
    • Clothes being functional (ex. Raincoats + Hats + Rubber boots protect from rain / Overalls protect the hygiene bar but can result in uncomfortable moodlets if wearing for to long)
    • Umbrellas cost money and are added in CAS
    • Buy locked CAS items in Rabbit Holes Clothing Shops
    GET FAMOUS REFRESH (THREAD)
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    carpe_diem wrote: »

You have so many ideas!
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    there is what I want vs what I think the game needs I hope for a get to work or Parenthood updated next because they are the best for gameplay that or a HOBBIES Expansion but a fairy's or werewolf's game pack would be my wish list because I love occult sims
    edited September 2021

You have so many ideas!

Hehe I just stole you ideas, so your the creative one. But thanks for being nice 😊

• Tellie86Tellie86 Posts: 36 Member
    xPIppfQ.jpgGoETMuc.jpg Some ideas I drew up in Illustrator :smile:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    There are so many ways the Sims could be more realistic - and fun, in my opinion - but for me, I'd like a way to be able to 'cap' skills. Sometimes I want a Sim that's terrible at singing, but loves it and does it all the time, without becoming a 10/10 opera star. Let my Sims be able to write bad poetry all their lives, or keep accidentally electrocuting themselves while insisting they're an expert at repair.

@Reedfish Love these ideas I would love to see this as:
    1. A Talent system where you can pick what your sim is gifted/ ungifted at (make a tondeaf sim with musical aspirations!)
    2. An option in the game settings to have slower skill progression for all skills (If you play on long life span and don't want all your sims to be over skilled. I always need to cheat down my skills, I don't want all toddler to get the top notch toddler traits, that's make the game to easy)
    3. Skill declining / pausing. It you not perform an hobby for a long time the hobby will become "in danger" (like the lifestyles). There's now a risk to (slowly) loose some skill levels. (If you play an instrument as a kid and then take it up again as an elder, I promise, you will not remember much!)
    I love these ideas, maybe the could make magazines for skills one that increases skill and one that decreases skill in each area.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited September 2021
    - bank
    - bank system (loans, debts, stock market)
    - kids saving bank account to pile up pocket money gained from chores

💲 LOT CHALLENGE: COSTLY LIVING 💲
    💲 Banks: Stock market / Bank loans (start with 0:- money)
    💲 Separate Bank Accounts (kids - elder)
    💲 Improved bills: Wifi / Tv / Cellphone cost money (subscription services)
    💲 Option to Rent houses (if not enough money)

💎 LOT CHALLENGE: EXTRAVAGANT LIVING 💎
    💎New Hairstyle & Hair dye cost money & Impact gameplay
    • Kids inherit Genetic hair (selected)
    • Dye hair in CAS (will not fade) or at the Beauty Salon Lot (will fade)
    • Hair can get messy (moodlet +apparance) if not cut for a while (not overpowering! +4 weeks or longer)
    • Small increase of fame with new Hairstyle / Haircoloring / Clothes (Paparazzi / Simstagram)
    • Self absorbed / Materialistic / Snob / Vain street sims get negative moodlets if not paying for a Haircut / Hair dye / new Clothes / Nails / Face mask for a longer period of time
    💎Clothes Cost money in CAS & Impact gameplay
    • Some clothes have Cheap / Expensive versions
    • Self absorbed / Materialistic / Snob / Vain street sims get negative moodlets from wearing cheap clothes / work clothes (ex. overalls)
    • If wearing cheap clothes / overalls: Sims can gain “bad 1st impression” sentiment from Materialistic / Snob / Self absorbed / Vain street sims
    • Clothes being functional (ex. Raincoats + Hats + Rubber boots protect from rain / Overalls protect the hygiene bar but can result in uncomfortable moodlets if wearing for to long)
    • Umbrellas cost money and are added in CAS
    • Buy locked CAS items in Rabbit Holes Clothing Shops
    GET FAMOUS REFRESH (THREAD)

I like all your ideas except gaining fame getting your hair done….. I don’t want all my sims who get their hair done to gain fame. My fame is reserved for a few people in a save ( I play rotationally. I love the challenges though!