Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    This method of fertilizing eats up a lot of time if I can't fertilize but one plant at a time. Have my Sims do one plant then direct them to fertilize the next one, and so on until every plant is taken care of will take hours in Sim time. Especially for my Sims with thirty or more plants in their gardens. The oddest bit in all of this is my out of season plants didn't revert to dirt piles when their season ended. They just looked brown and wilted while still needing to be cared for as if they were in season, plus they could still be harvested, but the yield was less than what it was when the plant was in season. The only time a dirt pile was present is after a seed was planted, before the plant turns into a sprout, or after some or all of the plants suddenly reverted to their just planted stage. And when these glitches started to happen, I began pulling all the plants that were out of season because the yield of harvestables didn't justify the amount of care they required. This was the way I managed my gardens until I began using different mods while searching for a solution to my plants reverting. Just before the season changed, I would go through my plants and sell the out of season ones. I stored the seeds then replanted when the time was right for that plant to be growing. The seasons in my game have always been set at 28 days so crop rotation happens less often, and my Sims get more from their gardening efforts.

Yes, this makes the gardening feature very difficult to manage when my Sims rely on different crops such as the soy wax for candle making or flowers for the florist career. And if the bug fixing team can't come up with a fix, the new plants in CL will have the same problems we have now. While watching James Turner's latest video and seeing his plants being fertilized then reverting to a dirt pile, I hoped the devs were watching and could see the mess we've been dealing with for over a year. We're down to four days before CL is released. The June patch didn't fix the problems; mods can be used to cheat our way through but none of those have been successful in completely eradicating this darn bug, and our talented mod creators have tried their hardest to get to the bottom of it. Players have sent in save files, hit the 'me too' button hundreds of times, discussed this issue in many threads, banged their heads on their desks in frustration, some have given up and moved on to other games, and some players harbor a growing resentment towards EA because of it's lack of caring about anything except how much money it can make with a minimal effort on it's part to make sure the game is playable. We, the players, are not the problem because we use mods, or play the game on PCs with lower specs. The gardening feature is borked, pure and simple. And after comparing the values being used, even I can see some of those make no sense, and I am not a mod creator with a healthy understanding of how code works. It shouldn't be left up to us to fix, or find workarounds for, something we didn't make. The only mistake we've made is trusting EA and it's creative teams to make a playable game and own the fact their efforts so far have been inept and sparse. My suggestion is to throw out that Laundry List until one of the most important features in the entire Sims franchise has been permanently fixed. If the pre-EP update on Tuesday doesn't fix 90% of what is wrong with the gardening system, I won't be purchasing CL on the 22nd. As much as I want this new pack, I just cannot justify buying something I know won't function properly.

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Reading this thread has been massively more informative than anything I've ever seen Maxis say, or even imply, about the problem. It also has me convinced that if the patch accompanying the new pack doesn't manage to fix problem, the "negative thoughts" thread is going to light up starting Thursday.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »
    Reading this thread has been massively more informative than anything I've ever seen Maxis say, or even imply, about the problem. It also has me convinced that if the patch accompanying the new pack doesn't manage to fix problem, the "negative thoughts" thread is going to light up starting Thursday.

Yes, they really do need to communicate with us more! I think that if they went through some of these details with us people would be more understanding of it not being fixed. As it originally stood, it is easy to just think 'why haven't they fixed this yet?' because we don't know all the complexities or what they have been trying with it.

You never know, if they opened up conversation with us better they might get to the root of the problem quicker.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The Neely household in my rotational game has a garden that so far has not reverted. The only reason that comes to mind is that the entire garden was planted after the latest patch.
    I agree. Back in the 'good old days' it wasn't all that unusual for gurus to take part in our discussions, and not too long ago SimguruFrost would pop in from time to time. At the bottom of this page is a menu of ways to 'connect with us', meaning with them, of course. There are clickable links to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the Sims' official site. None of those, including this forum, helps me feel as if anyone at EA is actually listening to us. Because no one at EA takes the time to respond to the tough questions. Their only reply is always their usual response of 'we're working on it.' Thirteen months and many updates/patches and packs later, we're still waiting for gardening to be fixed. Does that fact help you feel connected to the people at EA? Does clicking on Twitter or Facebook connect you to the team working on this glitch? No. Because there is seldom a one on one response to the tough questions. Clicking on a 'Me Too' button, sending save files, starting discussions and sharing information with one another are all good ways to communicate. But it's all just busy work to keep us occupied and distracted so we don't ask the tough question of when we can expect this game to be fixed. Sorry for derailing this thread with another rant, but this latest bug with gardening has almost destroyed my desire to play Sims4. I don't have unlimited time to play right now, and I'd really like to use that time actually playing without being on pins and needles while waiting for all my plants to revert into dirt piles. Game play now is all about hitting pause then resetting all the plants in my Sims's garden. :/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I agree. Back in the 'good old days' it wasn't all that unusual for gurus to take part in our discussions, and not too long ago SimguruFrost would pop in from time to time. At the bottom of this page is a menu of ways to 'connect with us', meaning with them, of course. There are clickable links to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the Sims' official site. None of those, including this forum, helps me feel as if anyone at EA is actually listening to us. Because no one at EA takes the time to respond to the tough questions. Their only reply is always their usual response of 'we're working on it.' Thirteen months and many updates/patches and packs later, we're still waiting for gardening to be fixed. Does that fact help you feel connected to the people at EA? Does clicking on Twitter or Facebook connect you to the team working on this glitch? No. Because there is seldom a one on one response to the tough questions. Clicking on a 'Me Too' button, sending save files, starting discussions and sharing information with one another are all good ways to communicate. But it's all just busy work to keep us occupied and distracted so we don't ask the tough question of when we can expect this game to be fixed. Sorry for derailing this thread with another rant, but this latest bug with gardening has almost destroyed my desire to play Sims4. I don't have unlimited time to play right now, and I'd really like to use that time actually playing without being on pins and needles while waiting for all my plants to revert into dirt piles. Game play now is all about hitting pause then resetting all the plants in my Sims's garden. :/

FWIW, for bugs, they'd be mostly doing that communication on AHQ. Keeping all your bug info in one place as much as possible is really helpful at the QA end.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I watched James Turner's video today, Converting the Barn #7 of his Rags to Riches Cottage Living. He had a Pomegranate tree that reverted back to a dirt pile.

As he is playing with only the Base game and Cottage Living, It is probably not caused by specific packs, {Seasons Or Eco living}.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited July 2021
    lori171957 wrote: »
    I watched James Turner's video today, Converting the Barn #7 of his Rags to Riches Cottage Living. He had a Pomegranate tree that reverted back to a dirt pile.

As he is playing with only the Base game and Cottage Living, It is probably not caused by specific packs, {Seasons Or Eco living}.

That makes sense. I can’t pinpoint just one reason my plants are reverting…… it seems like several things in my game are causing my plants to revert ( and I’m only talking about indoor, or greenhouse plants ). All of my serious sims that grow gardens grow them inside. I have all the packs, but have never used mods or CC, so I know it can’t be some kind of conflict with them. But, it is extremely frustrating.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »

Without knowing the code other than what Bienchen explained, I would assume that those without eco still have a 'footprint' if you don't own the pack. it's just neutral and never changes. So I would think the code still applies. It's easier to do to keep the compatibility than to just have completely different code.

It's like if you disable the footprint.

Could be wrong of course.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I have been trying to pinpoint when mine revert, but it only seems to happen when they go out of season. Which I have always thought was supposed to happen. Where is DMA Danny when you need him. :D
    yes, out of seasons, non-sheltered plants reverting to piles is not a bug but design.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

@luthienrising Yes, I understand the logic behind having AHQ. Plus the fact having one place to report the issues, should make it easier for the bug fixing teams to see which bugs need to be addressed quickly vs which bugs aren't a high priority because fewer players are experiencing those bugs. But we have been reporting on this bug since it began over a year ago. Through Twitter, Facebook, this forum and AHQ. We have tried everything currently available to us to keep the lines of communication open, but it has been a one way street. The phrase 'we're working on it' doesn't give me much hope because we've been told the same thing about a lot of other bugs that were never fixed. I don't place any blame on the teams. They're doing their best with limited resources to work with while feeling pressured to get Cottage Living released on time. All we can do right now is wait and see what's in the update today, and hope for the best.
  • SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have the Green Thumb as as personality trait and purchased Green Thumb with my satisfaction points. My sheltered plants will occasionally go back to seed, but they grow back quickly and are still perfect. I'm not sure if it's because I purchased Green Thumb with my satisfaction points, but my plants never completely die. Also, I have to plant them during the appropriate season, but they continue to give harvestables out of their normal season. If you want to speed up evolving your plants use bee boxes. They work all year, even when sheltered, except during the winter when they hibernate. And you get bees and honey, but you have to take of them as they get mites and you have to bond with them. My last stack of honey I sold for 380,000. I don't know if this will help but I wanted to share. PS-The only time they died was when I moved. But, I have perfect fruit so I'll start again when I finish building my new house. The bees will help them grow up faster. Good Luck!
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I'm having this issue; however, the plants keep their quality level and seem to grow back very quickly so, I guess it doesn't bother me too much in my current game, but I am a bit more concerned with how this will affect the large crops that are grown in the new plots. I certainly hope that they actually fix this glitch with the upcoming pre-game patch.
  • kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I have large greenhouses so all my plants are sheltered and never out of season. I've discovered that if I make my Sim get up at 5 and harvest as soon as they spawn and finish before 7 am, the plants are fine. But if she's still harvesting at 7, whichever plants she hasn't harvested revert to dirt piles. This has been happening since Eco Living. Bad time to release a farming pack when you still haven't fixed the issue with plants disappearing. Hard to make award-winning pies and jams for the fair if the bushes bearing the fruit turn into dirt piles every day.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    kidlit59 wrote: »
    I have large greenhouses so all my plants are sheltered and never out of season. I've discovered that if I make my Sim get up at 5 and harvest as soon as they spawn and finish before 7 am, the plants are fine. But if she's still harvesting at 7, whichever plants she hasn't harvested revert to dirt piles.

I feel like I heard one of the YouTubers who had early access to the game say something about this - something about needing to harvest before a specific time every day. I wasn't sure what they were talking about at the time, but this makes a lot of sense.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My plants keep reverting, but the cheat to bring them back is very helpful.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    While going through the broken mods thread, one of the mod creators told us the bug fixing team made many, many changes to gardening. But the author of the patch notes failed to inform us there were fixes made to gardening. How in the world could that guru not include this, when we've been squawking about the gardening issues for months? The good news is we may have a better experience with our gardens in the future. Which makes me incredibly happy. Good luck everyone. Happy Simming!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I have large greenhouses so all my plants are sheltered and never out of season. I've discovered that if I make my Sim get up at 5 and harvest as soon as they spawn and finish before 7 am, the plants are fine. But if she's still harvesting at 7, whichever plants she hasn't harvested revert to dirt piles.

I feel like I heard one of the YouTubers who had early access to the game say something about this - something about needing to harvest before a specific time every day. I wasn't sure what they were talking about at the time, but this makes a lot of sense.

I think you're referring to James. I think it was in the context of being on the lot by 6:00am or else the plant wouldn't grow harvestables. I don't remember him saying anything about them reverting, unless you're talking about another video after he moved to his starter house from the alleyway? I haven't watched the LP past that point.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021

I think you're referring to James. I think it was in the context of being on the lot by 6:00am or else the plant wouldn't grow harvestables. I don't remember him saying anything about them reverting, unless you're talking about another video after he moved to his starter house from the alleyway? I haven't watched the LP past that point.

Yeah, having to be on the lot isn't new, but one thing that is new are night mushrooms becoming harvestable at night only. I think they probably had to make a lot of changes to gardening to have a plant with a different update time.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

Yeah, having to be on the lot isn't new, but one thing that is new are night mushrooms becoming harvestable at night only. I think they probably had to make a lot of changes to gardening to have a plant with a different update time.

I didn't know they didn't grow harvestables if you were off-lot. My gardening sims are usually home at that time, and I usually have them harvest before I have them go somewhere else.

I would think with all the messing around with the gardening in the game, that's probably the root of the issues we've had. I know nothing about the development though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    for anyone still having issues AFTER today's patch, please send your saves to EA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-76/m-p/10526003#M190198
    AHQ Tutorial

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Paigeisin5 if you have seasons the Bees will fertilize your crops. They fertilize a 5 square radius and you can even collect them and send the swarm to fertilize more (need to have a high relationship with them). So, I never really fertilize my plants and they have matured to magnificent.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I just started a new game, and for the first time in ages I (I mean my sims) seem to be able to garden again. Oh, I don't have seasons though.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited July 2021
    crinrict wrote: »
    yes, out of seasons, non-sheltered plants reverting to piles is not a bug but design.

My sheltered plants reverted with the change of seasons, But there are other things making my plants revert too…… fertilizing them makes them revert and going into plan outfits also makes them revert……. No telling what else does. This household only has greenhouse plants. But I haven’t been on my game to get this new patch yet…