Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of small Summer (Kit) items and updates

redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I was designing a home and had started to do the landscaping and I had wanted to put down a fire pit. The circular kind that people could sit around. I was sure we had such a thing and I realized that the thing I was looking for I didn't have. Now we do have a campfire that is in a low ceramic container. But this is not what I had planned I had wanted something more substantial.

Fire_2-1.jpg
If you are asking if we might want the masonry benches to match. I'd vote yes.

03-drop-down-deck-fireplace-design-fireplace-design-homebnc.jpg

It really doesn't have to different animations as the campfire just be taller.

As for a suggested Update for it. In time for Halloween how about being able to change the color of the flame like we could in Sims 3.

color-fire.jpg
color-flame-party-candles-all-colors.jpg
Although I think it should just be an free update for everyone.

Another item that would be great to have for Summer is curved pool pieces or tool.

c28d0c9715eb24fbc7de146e412324b3.jpg
d3c54dcec7c3da5a305a703bf91358c7.jpg

While we are on the subject of pools how about Pool Slides? This is a popular idea whose time has come. Why not pool slide build pieces for waterparks and public pools?

Swimming-Pool-Slides-3-min.jpg
Pool-Slide-e1552593567162.jpg
Slides1.jpg

Since we are working on Pools why not bring back the Pool Bar?

o-SWIM-UP-BAR-facebook.jpg

To add a small Game Play activity how about playing Marco Polo from the Sims 2 returning

https://youtu.be/BozDClRDzmQ?t=146

Maybe the Beach towel options from Sims 3 and perhaps add them to the lounge chairs
1_TS3_IslandParadise_DevBlog2.jpg

The Towel had these choices. The Adds are my idea for new interactions
  • Sims lay down the towel then lay on it themselves
  • Flip between stomach and back to get a tan or burn
  • Place a boom box and listen to music
  • Place an Umbrella
  • Read a book
  • Nap
  • Add Apply Sunblock
  • Add Drink some water
  • Add Apply Mosquitos Spray
  • Add Talk on Phone
  • Add Listen to Earbuds
  • Add Paint Toenails with Nail Polish

Lastly how about Screened in Porches. The Modders have made some marvelous ones but some folks don't like to use CC. Here is an example it really is excellent.

9917.jpg
acbc358b0157348284a608e0e88f6b9c.jpg
Isn't that Lemon color just a mood?

Now I personally think the curved pool tool thing should be a free Update for all Simmers. But I'd think the rest would be worth my five bucks.
“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
Post edited by redrogue60 on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    edited June 2021
    I think you can put the firepit on a piece of platform and still be usable.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think you can put the firepit on a piece of platform and still be usable.

Im hoping for something better than a work around

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    This seems more like a stuff pack because a kit is either game play, build items, or cas, not all. But I think a pool stuff pack would be really nice
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited June 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    This seems more like a stuff pack because a kit is either game play, build items, or cas, not all. But I think a pool stuff pack would be really nice

Stuff packs are usually filled with either clothing or furniture. SP's don't really add much additional game play elements which is what I'm suggesting. If we were to be fair I'm treading Game Pack territory but there would have to be substantially more items than I am suggesting here to justify the price with consumers. If you make the flame color and Pool tool as free updates that coincide with it we're talking a re-meshed campfire, and a new mesh for a bar. If you add the gameplay elements from the pool slide if it isn't full waterpark pieces, the Marco Polo and porch screens it could be back in Kit territory and perfectly acceptable for $5. If we are also being real Kits are whatever they want them to be. For my money if you want $15 Game Pack level the I want a Water Park with all the fixings which half of what it would require to make one are already in game.