Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: Β»
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 A Border Collie is a good choice. Can't wait to see a picture of him or her on your farm.

I have a Border Collie on my farm. She's a replica of my real life dog who passed away in March.

bVHbeOF.png

Unfortunately we don't have sheep in the game and can't herd our cows and llamas. :p
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    My sim with simple living lot challenge somehow got orange juice from the fridge. I think it was from the fridge anyway, not sure where she would have got it from otherwise.

We can still get orange juice because it's a specific drink that alleviates illnesses. Sims still need to be able to heal illnesses with orange juice or tea from the tea maker (rather than buying medicine) so I guess they omitted orange juice from the challenge restrictions, which makes sense.

Did they change that? When CoL first released, that was not the case. You could only get orange juice (and the rest of the quick meals) if you were using a high chair.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I have a Border Collie on my farm. She's a replica of my real life dog who passed away in March.

@simgirl1010 Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. It's wonderful that she can live on in your game. <3

This is my in-game Border Collie. I named her Luna because the white pattern on her face is quite unusual and shaped like a crescent moon.
    She's a friendly, active, adventurous dog who protects the chicken coop from her fox-buddies. They're a nice bunch those foxes, but you know, a fox is a fox. :D

LUNA-01.jpg
    LUNA-02.jpg

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited September 2021
    My sim with simple living lot challenge somehow got orange juice from the fridge. I think it was from the fridge anyway, not sure where she would have got it from otherwise.

We can still get orange juice because it's a specific drink that alleviates illnesses. Sims still need to be able to heal illnesses with orange juice or tea from the tea maker (rather than buying medicine) so I guess they omitted orange juice from the challenge restrictions, which makes sense.

Did they change that? When CoL first released, that was not the case. You could only get orange juice (and the rest of the quick meals) if you were using a high chair.

I've been giving my sick sims orange juice the entire time on their HoB farm with the simple living challenge. So I just assumed everyone else has been able to as well? Or maybe the problem is specific to one or two fridge types? I'm using the fridge from the country kitchen kit on my farm.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Okay, ignore everything I just said... false alarm!

It seems I got my two farms confused (one has the simple living challenge and one doesn't). Just went into my game to check and the one without the simple living challenge is the one that my bug bitten sick sims are able to get orange juice from the fridge, the other one with the challenge they can't have orange juice and instead have been making tea.

Sorry for the confusion! Rotational play.... *sigh*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Some time ago I was frustrated with Sims 4 so I uninstalled it to free up space on my PC and swore I wouldn't buy any new packs. However, I recently got some extra memory as I had been missing the game, and I had got tired of The Sims Medieval, having played it a lot recently. I've been enjoying playing Sims 4 again over the past couple of weeks and I just succumbed to Cottage Living this evening because it looks like it has some feature I'd wanted for a while, and I enjoy the aesthetics of the items as shown on Origin. Besides, it's been a tough few weeks so I decided that I earned it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    @Mariefoxprice83 I do hope you enjoy it. :)
    I'm sure I will. I can already see loads of things that will be good if I go back to historically-themed saves, and for living off the land. I almost shrieked when I saw the new computer that resembles a typewriter. I wouldn't want to actually live in the past but it's fun to play pretend from time to time.

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    My sims are still in Uni, so it will still be a while before I am playing Henford.

But I did toss rabbit and bird stumps onto The Bluffs lots in Windenburg.
    09-16-21_4-18-34_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My students have the weekend off and I wanted them to get some fresh air.
    Their club has Take Care of Animals, as well as swimming, diving, and hanging out by the fire as activities.
    09-16-21_3-10-26_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They are actually playing with the rabbit and observing the birds on their own.
    09-16-21_3-13-32_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_3-14-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I only have one rabbit though.
    Do I need to add another stump to have two?
    09-16-21_4-23-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I have 5 rabbits and one stump.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @LittleFox2 Everything about this post is gold. :D
    @LittleFox2 dogs have a sixth sense about bad people. I'd keep an eye on that neighbor.
    I was up far too late last night making sims based on characters from the 90s sitcom The Vicar of Dibley, because the village just seems so perfect for them. I have just a little bit of setting up still to do then I can finally take a proper look at the village, the new items and the animals.
    edited September 2021
    As I mentioned before, I'm exploring Henford-on-Bagley with sims based on characters from The Vicar of Dibley. It's set a couple of years ago after the passing of the main character's friend Alice, as mentioned in last year's lockdown specials.

Of course, my first full in game week was spent with the vicar herself.

Here's Geraldine with her husband Harry.

a481fd40518c8cc422cf9bd188b0ca2a8791858e.jpg

Geraldine and Harry have a daughter called Alice, named after Geraldine's friend and verger.

be8dcf2f09f1d533767154344ea1d52ca5a42000.jpg

On Saturday, the family headed out to the faie. They were disappointed that there's not more to see and do, particularly when you're not actually a farmer, but Geraldine did buy a chocoberry from a stall.

12bb267bc205ba295469502152f33d555c7dd651.jpg

She quickly planted the chocoberry when she got home.

3f370d97a60edd217c8f0a14e9dd301746e0bc43.jpg

I have to say that I was expecting more from the village fair. I'm sure it will be much more fun when I play a farming household. I thought about giving Geraldine's family some chickens but I'm not ready yet. Ah well, time to do some Easter themed things then on to the next household.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2021
    If you can not find a rabbit because your relationship has gone down and they no longer come to the farm, you have to focus the camera on the rabbit. The rabbit I was looking for was in his rabbit home.

I befriended way to many rabbits and my relationship with Peter rabbit went down. I had to travel to the other side of my neighborhood to select the option to try and lure rabbit out because that is where the camera took me. Several times I did this every three days or so. Finally on this very day, Peter came out of the rabbit home and I rebuilt the relationship. Hoping he comes back to the farm because he does have chores.

Do you ever do things in the game like befriend far too many rabbits and it becomes overwhelming because you've taken on too much for one Sim? Well, that is me. I went from 8 to 4 different color rabbits. Still looking for one more to have 5 rabbits total.

Decided to try raising chickens on my farm. Usually, I'll sell an animal to try another animal for awhile. Even when Daniel gets married, I'm not sure if I want to have more than one particular animal at a time. I may just continue doing what I'm doing because I enjoy doing other activities with my Sim.

Blue, Chirpy and Tiny heading in for the night.
    Chicks.jpg
    The next morning, look whose back on the farm.
    Peter-Rabbit-Back.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    I've just started to explore the new animals. The two elderly friends Jim and Frank got a pair of chickens. Here's Frank holding the female, who he has named Maggie (after Margaret Thatcher). I haven't explored the animals yet but the chickens seem really cool.

9a2698ad8874c3feba3dfdcd152644c44439dd64.jpg

Meanwhile Jim, who fancies himself a lothario, decided to flirt with a woman he met at the pub a couple of days before.

c7dfb3265b94ccbfbc4418e5134f1cc0bcb4d2e3.jpg

Enjoyed watching this build video of an Aristocratic Family Manor with a dreamy garden in Henford-on-Bagley on the 64x64 lot by Marmelad. Although my world and families are already set, this is a really nice build by a very talented builder. Watching build videos always gives me good ideas. It is amazing what other builders come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRICTkjwYN8
    edited September 2021
    Finally, I got snow in Henford-on-Bagley. I'm also tempted to have a winter wedding--almost. :# Due to the cold and the ceremony being outside, the guest would change into their winter clothing and ruin the moment.

The new mushrooms are visually stunning to look at. The only mushroom I'm missing is the mysterious mushroom. Personally, I like the challenge of trying to find the mushrooms in the wild.

Snow-Finally.jpg

Daniel invited his whole family over and my first hatchling arrived during the party.
    Snow-Finally-and-new-chick.jpg

Thanks for posting all the farm dog pics. I like seeing what type of farm dogs others are adding. When I was testing things with the foxes, Polly's traits were Aggressive, Stubborn, and Troublemaker. Although Butter was afraid of Polly, she was an adorable little terror to have around during my test. Some times it is fun to have a pet with the most difficult traits.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 You captured a great picture of Luna with the nightly sky. :smile:
    LUNA-01.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    The only mushroom I'm missing is the mysterious mushroom.

You're not missing any mushrooms, then.

There's no such thing as a mysterious mushroom you can plant. When you see a mysterious mushroom out in the wild and pick it, it gives you one of the other \ mushrooms. It's not a unique type of mushroom. It's only mysterious to you because you don't know what it is until you pick it.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited September 2021
    After playing this for a while I will rank this in my top 5. I love that Sims can swim. I love animal interactions. I really like the quests from the grocery lady and delivery boy. I've only been able to use that free delivery ticket once though. I keep forgetting. I'm still working on my gardening. I adore most of the BB stuff. I wish there were more food-type clutter items, but when you make the cheese and bread you can sit them on the counter for a week without spoiling so they act as clutter. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new recipes. So yeah, I'm getting a lot of play from this one. I've experienced Spring and a bit of summer. I can't wait until Fall and Winter though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    edited September 2021
    The only mushroom I'm missing is the mysterious mushroom.

You're not missing any mushrooms, then.

There's no such thing as a mysterious mushroom you can plant. When you see a mysterious mushroom out in the wild and pick it, it gives you one of the other \ mushrooms. It's not a unique type of mushroom. It's only mysterious to you because you don't know what it is until you pick it.

I went into a brand new save to do a cheat and look at all the new mushrooms that came with Cottage Living. Here is the mysterious mushroom and it can be planted. When you harvest it, you get mysterious mushrooms. When one is forging around the Bramblewood, which is where my farmer lives, the mushrooms you pick say Strange Mushrooms. The rare Nightly mushrooms are actually labeled as such. I have not run into a mysterious mushroom; so, I do not know if it will be labeled Strange Mushrooms or as Mysterious Mushroom. Because the mysterious mushroom is rare, it is going to be a challenge to find.
    Mysterious-Mushroom.jpg

At this website, they have the harvestable items listed: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_4)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2021
    My Cottage Living also has the Mysterious Mushroom too. You can find it in the BB.ShowHiddenObjects. I've actually collected all the plant garden foods from all the packs including Cottage Living for my sims gardens.
    FYI: Watch out if your sims eats a Midnight Egg, their eyes will glow a fire orange-red & they will have fire powers even when they aren't Spellcasters.
    edited October 2021
    This is a good fireplace. I like putting pictures on it.
    Farm-Life.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    I like it far more than I thought I would. I am still not interested in the bigger animals, but I did get a chicken coop. I don't bother making friends, I just keep them happy enough, I basically treat it as an IRL chicken coop (aka free-range egg factory).

Speaking of nothing in particular tho, is the Fair anything worth gunning for? Because I have been playing for four Sims weeks so far and completely ignored oversized veggies (as in I have not planted any) or anything else to do with the Fair. Unless the prices are amazing I don't really see the point.

At this point I use very few features of the expansion outside of the bunnies and the lot traits, Oversized veggies seems to be way too much work, cows are not my jam (tho Jam is my jam, I do use the canning). I just do my Uni homework at the pub and run errands until I can get all the Chicken Coop upgrades eventually.

I play with aging off anyway, so I don't have to feel stressed.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top