Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

Comments

• Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    The Harris family from Evergreen Harbour feels like they need chickens
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021

Will foxes try to get at the chickens or the baby chicks? Let them live, let them be foxes. :D At least steal an egg.

Woot!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Cinebar wrote: Β»

Will foxes try to get at the chickens or the baby chicks? Let them live, let them be foxes. :D At least steal an egg.

Woot!

I think they will based on this tweet. Which is cool.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I think the Country Kitchen and Country Living kitchens don't actually look alike, it's just that they're in the same style and colour scheme.

LdkCDY3.png

wqcwN86.png

Ohh that looks like a smeg fridge!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    Akl500P wrote: Β»
    Cinebar wrote: Β»

Woot!

I think they will based on this tweet. Which is cool.

Yay! I little bit of mischief is fun.

So I don't spam this thread, I wonder how many will play a Sim like the SnowWhite story, with birds singing, bunnies hopping, and llamas laughing. Forging ( a sword, lol) :p for something in the woods and running into the evil Queen/witch.

I also spy five new dishes on that table where the child is eating from one of the plates, milk toast happens to be on that table I think. And omg, I spy watermelon. Got to have watermelon in the hot summer months. :D

ETA: This is a good pack to play the Hick (s) family from TS1. Maybe even Old Man Lum. lol Or maybe Sherlock finally retires to the country to finally do a little bit of his bee keeping.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am normally a fairly patient person, but I am already impatient for this Pack! I love everything about it and I too already have different game ideas I want to play! Looking forward to winter/holiday time in this beautiful town and already picturing how I want to do the holiday. I have Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day on my sims' calendar so can use a day to decorate, set up the tree, and bake in preparation for Father Winter to come that night! Christmas Day is for opening and giving gifts, playing together, and the grand meal. Now my children can enjoy helping with the Christmas baking! I am so excited for this pack!!!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wonder how many sims can cook together, I see there are three sims cooking in this picture.

wqcwN86.png

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oh I just remembered the Foraging feature, and I feel like that’s very fitting for my OTG saves. Foraging, swimming in ponds, wild rabbits and foxes. These little things that will make OTG just that much more dynamic. 😌

• Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm super excited so I'm posting this here anyway.

What acronym are we using for this pack? Previously everything was just shortened to the initials but now City Living and Cottage Living are both CL. Has City Living claimed CL and Cottage Living has to be something else? Or both could change? Like CgL and CyL ? Idk. I foresee lots of confusion lol. Given these tags are used on official bug reports I wonder if Maxis have decided.

Small thought but I haven't seen anyone discuss it anywhere but it didn't seem worth a new thread.

On the other hand, I can't wait for this pack! I hope we get blogs and other trailers and live streams and everything soonish as I want more info now. I also hope they do an interactive map again as that was awesome.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm super excited so I'm posting this here anyway.

What acronym are we using for this pack? Previously everything was just shortened to the initials but now City Living and Cottage Living are both CL. Has City Living claimed CL and Cottage Living has to be something else? Or both could change? Like CgL and CyL ? Idk. I foresee lots of confusion lol. Given these tags are used on official bug reports I wonder if Maxis have decided.

Small thought but I haven't seen anyone discuss it anywhere but it didn't seem worth a new thread.

On the other hand, I can't wait for this pack! I hope we get blogs and other trailers and live streams and everything soonish as I want more info now. I also hope they do an interactive map again as that was awesome.

CGL seems nice
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    Honestly, I didn’t expect to be this blown away by the new EP. When the teaser came out with the reactions of the game changers, I was actually pretty nasty about it. I take back everything I said! Their reactions were 100% legit because I reacted the same!

I’ll admit, at first, I truly thought there would only be bunnies and cottage-like stuff. Then I saw the llama and I was like β€œOH LLAMA!” Nice! And I legit thought there would only be bunnies and llamas as new animals because… Sims 4… And then! COWS! And CHICKS! And I was in complete shock! I didn’t expect to have this many animals in a single expansion pack… Especially when as pets we ONLY had cats and dogs… So I was truly taken aback. So this + all the rest regarding gardening, stitch crossing, groceries, food contests, family activities…. This is truly HUGE for a sims 4 expansion in terms of content. I don't think we ever had that much before honestly...

I’m amazed and can’t wait for July 22.

On a side note, I don’t understand people’s bitterness about the lack of horses. I can be a pretty pessimistic person myself but come on guys, we got LLAMAS! LLAMAS!!!

If we have open water coming with the patch (in all worlds), I think I’ll be over the top!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    There's a fox in my neighbourhood. Comes out at night.
  • Options
    EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hope i can play chess with my chicken's like in SIms 2 Console.
    chesschicken_1132175415.jpg
    dc33a7e95c471ebdbf9979489026c23be03d5517.jpg
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

This!

I thought about CoL for Cottage and CiL for City?
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

This!

I thought about CoL for Cottage and CiL for City?

I thought CoL and CiL also, most obvious to me!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I swear, I dreamed Sims last night. And then i woke up and it's only June 11th. πŸ˜“ I waaaaaaaant it noooooooooow! (Just channeling my inner Veruca Salt)

I'm really stoked about this pack though. It just seems like its the kind of world I'd really really love (I'm not big on city life or crowds) but I'm an absolute sucker for British period dramas and historical novels. I've been watching "Victorian Farm" lately which is a docuseries about a historian and 2 archeologists spending a year on an old Victorian working farm. As an archeologist major myself, I would LOVE to do that sort of thing, and Henford on Bagley can come pretty close.

I've got an idea for a legacy storyline, so I guess the time between the announcement and release can let me set it up since it doesn't really follow the legacy challenge rules. Hoping we get lots and lots of info for the next month or so.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I was disappointed when I watched the trailer. <sigh> I have to wait until July to get it??? What's that about? I want it NOW!

Okay but seriously, as a past chicken farmer, I know a thing or two about foxes and such. In the game, I love the concept, in real life, I hated them!!!! (Though I must admit that I've always though foxes were adorable.)

As for this pack, it looks exciting! I just wish it was here already. Spitting llamas? Wait, can you shear llamas? I thought that was an alpaca thing? Anyway, yeah, I this looks fun and I it'll be a great addition to the game.

As a gamer, I do agree however, with the negatives in the other thread about the bonus content for buying before September 2 (I believe), but coming from a business point of view, well yeah, incentives drive the market! And since I'm already planning on this pack, the bonus is just that, a bonus!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I swear, I dreamed Sims last night. And then i woke up and it's only June 11th. πŸ˜“ I waaaaaaaant it noooooooooow! (Just channeling my inner Veruca Salt)

I'm really stoked about this pack though. It just seems like its the kind of world I'd really really love (I'm not big on city life or crowds) but I'm an absolute sucker for British period dramas and historical novels. I've been watching "Victorian Farm" lately which is a docuseries about a historian and 2 archeologists spending a year on an old Victorian working farm. As an archeologist major myself, I would LOVE to do that sort of thing, and Henford on Bagley can come pretty close.

I've got an idea for a legacy storyline, so I guess the time between the announcement and release can let me set it up since it doesn't really follow the legacy challenge rules. Hoping we get lots and lots of info for the next month or so.

You just started a singing contest at my job...who can remember the most Willy Wonka lyrics. Ha!
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Varuca, sweetheart! I'm doing the best I can!
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member

We're ALL channeling our inner Veruca Salt. you're not alone here. I WANT IT NOW!
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I swear, I dreamed Sims last night.

I had a dream that their schedule leaked - that the pack could be bundled since 31.8.2021, giving people who want to bundle it AND have the bonus items exactly two days. Then, I was surprised that it could be bundled before the offer expires...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: Β»

You just started a singing contest at my job...who can remember the most Willy Wonka lyrics. Ha!

excellent-my-work-here-is-done-32811849.png

(not that I'm really a diabolical racoon .... or am I? >:) )
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: Β»

excellent-my-work-here-is-done-32811849.png

(not that I'm really a diabolical racoon .... or am I? >:) )

It's obvious that you're a mask wearing horse. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top