Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I'll probably be attaching that lot trait to a few sims lots
    I pretty much to all lots.. so far I had to use a mod for ingredients to be mandatory.

Okay, great, now I need my all toddlers to hug the chicken/rooster!! :love:

Oh my, better and better <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    First time in a long time that I pre-ordered an ep. :o Now I will have to budget like crazy. Ha ha Will cut down grocery.
    I could stand to lose a "little" covid weight anyways.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Simtanium wrote: »
    I never thought any other EP would knock Seasons off my top spot (except maybe Generations), but I think this one just did. :p

Country village Christmas, though! <3

Yesss, with a giant Christmas tree. <3
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    The more info that comes, the more excited I get. The 22nd is going to take forever to get here. The Sims team is two for two this year. Now, if we get a Generations-style pack for the fall or winter, this will be the best year for the game (in my opinion, of course).

I still think 2017 with the Toddler patch, plus Vampires and Parenthood, might be the best year for Sims 4, but this will be up there in the top 3 years (could take number 1 if somehow we get better babies).

Toddlers, Vampires, Parenthood!?!? 2017 sounds like it was dreadful to me! :lol: Joke, but seriously, I'm more of a Bands, Pool Tables, Dude Stuff advocate, but man, that just goes to show the broad appeal of this pack. I think they really did it right and they're making a lot of different types of people happy with this one! Go devs!

Also, LLAMAS! (Have to throw that in there again because LLAMAS!!!) <3
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    The more info that comes, the more excited I get. The 22nd is going to take forever to get here. The Sims team is two for two this year. Now, if we get a Generations-style pack for the fall or winter, this will be the best year for the game (in my opinion, of course).

I still think 2017 with the Toddler patch, plus Vampires and Parenthood, might be the best year for Sims 4, but this will be up there in the top 3 years (could take number 1 if somehow we get better babies).

Yeah, that was an awesome year for the Sims. I agree, if we get better babies this year and all the things I mentioned earlier, then it would have to take the top spot for sure.

Although, I'm not too fussed about the babies. I still remember TS3 babies being left in the snow or at the park. But I also don't like them being put in thr family inventory next to the fridge when Sims move to a new house. I'd prefer an in-between option. I'm not sure what that would be though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I never thought any other EP would knock Seasons off my top spot (except maybe Generations), but I think this one just did. :p

Country village Christmas, though! <3

Yesss, with a giant Christmas tree. <3

I can't wait to see what it looks like covered in snow. I'm sure it'll be beautiful.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    There's actually already a lot of rustic and cottage style designed homes available with the GTW pack in Windenburg. But maybe, they can offer some new and beautiful scenery, some farm or country-life living options, more hiking, etc,. lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Well, this looks like the farming pack that many of you wanted. The town looks cute, the new build options look great, there's cows, and chickens, pumpkins (finally). There's even a farmers festival with contests. I'd think that this will be a hit.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I'm hoping there's pigs and sheep and etc... but anyone else saw the picnic basket and it looks like we're getting a new hobby

First thing I thought was why not pigs. I'm really happy with it. It does have more animals than I expected, but if they are all tied down to some huge shed, then there's no breeding, having babies aside from chicks?, and no huge farms because each cow shed would take too much room. Are we getting 64x64 or larger lots? Farms take lots of room. No tractors. Are there electric and barbwire fences? Would love a place to buy and sell animals, but betting that won't happen. Lots of things I want to know. Very happy about it, just wished the pigs, fences, co-op, breeding, and ability to have several animals was happening. I know some of that could very well be in it. I hope so. I was more excited watching this than any other Sims4 trailer ever.

I think it might be possible to place the cow sheds on top of each other with MOO so they don't take up so much space if you want more than one cow.
    I saw what appears like a rabbit hole grocery store in the trailer, it's right behind the pumpkin market stall. There also appeared to be more shops, hope they are not all rabbit holes. I found it interesting that they said you can talk to the pub owner. Wonder if it's a new lot type or if we can now own bars? In one of the promo pictures you can also see what looks like a new type of activity table, looks a bit like the flower arranging table and has dried flowers hanged down on it.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2021
    I liked what I saw in the trailer so much that I had to watch it a couple of more times a few hours later. I think this looks like a pretty solid expansion. The new world looks really gorgeous and it looks like it could fit into some kind of a fantasy setting too for those who use TS4 for storytelling. Everything looks good to me, much better than some of the other recent expansions IMO.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

Do you know if there's any empty lots in the world?
    12 lots in the world, 10 lots were built by builders, maybe a restaurant and a bar, or 2 empty lots? I already pre-ordered but I hope there's a large empty lot to build on.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    This is great! Ngl this pack has piqued my interest, though with that said...Can we please, please, please get Werewolves and Fairies now?? Please????????????????????????????????????????????????? *begging with puppy-eyes*
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    My little harvest moon heart is also singing because we now have farming in the Sims.
    Harvest-Moon.jpg
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    My Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon heart is SINGING.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2021
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

I will be so happy if that's one of the deaths. :D

Nasty, pointy teeth! Look at the bones!

We'll need a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (hmmm, I live in a town called Antioch but haven't seen a hand grenade, holy or otherwise...) :D

“Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.”
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm so excited actually! I can't wait to see more. All my sims are gardener's, even the vampires who can't stand the sun 😅 I have to take back everything I said in the last negativity thread about DHD too because I saw the gameplay and it pleasantly surprised me as well! Last 2 packs have been total wins for me and I haven't gotten any of the new packs the last few years. So yeah! I love the llama and all the little animals and garden things, so cute 🥺
  • KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member
    This is the cutest expansion ever, with cute bunnies, chickens, cows and Llamas, I am so excited
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Bunnies, bunnies, I can't get over the bunnies. They are adorable, and though you will have to encounter them initially in the new world you can put their home item on any lot? I love it. The more I see and learn the better I like this pack. I am really getting excited. I also just love bunnies.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    I didn't expect so many animals--nice and pleasant surprise. CAS and BB items are amazing and the world is breathtaking.

She's shearing this llama. Wondering if we'll be able to knit and make items from its fur.
    Llama-fur.jpg

This is one feisty llama. 😂
    llama-bite.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm incredibly excited! I love love LOVE the British village aesthetic, I love that there's a new swimming area surrounded by willows, and as a crocheter who's been to fiber festivals and seen llamas up close, I'm ridiculously happy that they're part of the game and can be shorn for their wool! I'm also really looking forward to birds, hopefully of the customizable variety. My username is partly inspired by my love of common loons, and if there's a duck-painting option, my saves will swiftly be overrun by delightful Art Deco goth ducks. (Yes, I know they're not actually ducks. You know what I mean.)

This was a ramble, but hey. Like I said, I'm super excited.
  • L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    @GirafHuntr I am so glad I'm not the only one who *immediately* thought of the Killer Rabbit. That armor that came with Get Together might finally see some use...

"RUN AWAY! RUN AWAYYYY!"
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    Hoping this restaurant lot is included. Can't wait to see what the Simmers built for Cottage Living.
    Cottage-Living-Restaurant.jpg

That's the pub. On the info page, it says "Head down to the pub with your cross-stitching and picnic basket to meet locals and learn about the town’s lore". They would never include a restaurant because it would require Dine Out, so it's definitely a bar.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wow! Take a little nap and come back to 7 additional pages. 😄

Ikr, it took me like almost an hour to read all the posts since I was last looking 😄

Yep. And we've got 42 days to go.

OMG. I misread the date in the trailer. I thought they said June and not July. :/ .
    Just checked again and you're right. So I will have to be a bit more patient.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top