Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Wow! Take a little nap and come back to 7 additional pages. 😄
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member

Ikr, it took me like almost an hour to read all the posts since I was last looking 😄
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

Ikr, it took me like almost an hour to read all the posts since I was last looking 😄

Yep. And we've got 42 days to go.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

Yeah...I think people are a little stirred up by this pack. :)
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Just watched it again. Sigh. It's such a wonderful looking world. I love the animals and the countryside vibe. I'm very tempted to preorder. $40 bucks though...urgh. That's a lot, although I would get that cute early buyer bicycle... Oh, well, at least I have till September to decide.

I wish we could have some sort of benefit for pre ordering.. I mean whats the point? If we could play a week sonner I would buy asap
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Oh wow. checked out the trailer during lunch but had to wait until I got home to post anything. This is so exciting! I'm loving this pack already, even though I wish we got picks and sheep, we're getting llamas instead of sheep. LLAMAS. Fantastic! Instant preorder, the only bad thing so far is having to wait 42 days. I haven't been this excited about an EP since Seasons. Three years ago!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I just looove the toddler's backpack. :love:
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    This is the first time in a very long time I've been excited about a SIms 4 pack. I loved everything I saw.

I am excited to learn more about it!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm at a loss for words, this pack is exactly what I was hoping for when I asked for farming...

I don't know where to start, family play, farm animals, more crafting hobbies, contests for goods, a non-American country world, cottages!

And it's even better than I was expecting with bunnies, a pond tool, strings of fairy lights (I've been needing more of these), llamas, a pic-nick basket, a self-sufficiency lot trait, and more odd jobs!

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the new woohoo spot is in the water mill.

I can't wait until July 22nd!
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm looking forward to this! Thanks for posting all the tweets, I don't use twitter so it's really handy.

I really hope they don't delay putting Cottage Living as a bundle option until after September 2nd though. I'd love to bundle it but that would be the kind of business practice EA does. Bundling it with DHD and one of the stuff packs I need would be great.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I never thought any other EP would knock Seasons off my top spot (except maybe Generations), but I think this one just did. :p
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    I never thought any other EP would knock Seasons off my top spot (except maybe Generations), but I think this one just did. :p

Country village Christmas, though! <3
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Also, could it be possible that the lady at the beginning and end is a fairy? She seemed like she could be because she was able to call a bird to her. And she just seemed a little out of place.

I think it was kind of a parody of Disney princesses like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and their interactions with forest animals...Disney never showed the birds pooping on them. :D (Payback for JtB?)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    The more info that comes, the more excited I get. The 22nd is going to take forever to get here. The Sims team is two for two this year. Now, if we get a Generations-style pack for the fall or winter, this will be the best year for the game (in my opinion, of course).

I still think 2017 with the Toddler patch, plus Vampires and Parenthood, might be the best year for Sims 4, but this will be up there in the top 3 years (could take number 1 if somehow we get better babies).
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I've been looking through the trailer and I think the three neighborhoods will be a town, a woods with a waterfall and fairy circle, and a moor with a river flowing through it.

Actually thinking about it, I bet the river starts where the waterfall is and runs through the moor and town since it is Henford on Bagley, Bagley being the river.

Definitely getting Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing vibes, where you befriend the neighbors and perform tasks for them; NPCs may have a lot more impact with this pack.
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

I will be so happy if that's one of the deaths. :D

Nasty, pointy teeth! Look at the bones!

We'll need a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (hmmm, I live in a town called Antioch but haven't seen a hand grenade, holy or otherwise...) :D
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

Definitely getting Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing vibes, where you befriend the neighbors and perform tasks for them; NPCs may have a lot more impact with this pack.

Yeah I think SimGuruRomeo worked on Journey to Batuu so we might see quests that are a little bigger than the small jobs from Island Living.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I'm hoping there's pigs and sheep and etc... but anyone else saw the picnic basket and it looks like we're getting a new hobby

First thing I thought was why not pigs. I'm really happy with it. It does have more animals than I expected, but if they are all tied down to some huge shed, then there's no breeding, having babies aside from chicks?, and no huge farms because each cow shed would take too much room. Are we getting 64x64 or larger lots? Farms take lots of room. No tractors. Are there electric and barbwire fences? Would love a place to buy and sell animals, but betting that won't happen. Lots of things I want to know. Very happy about it, just wished the pigs, fences, co-op, breeding, and ability to have several animals was happening. I know some of that could very well be in it. I hope so. I was more excited watching this than any other Sims4 trailer ever.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Chickens!? I like chickens!!! Give me chickens!
    A1hnP0t.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top