Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Fireplaces.

There are so many nice Fireplaces that don't require wood to burn not to mention they look awesome and take up less space. Just a thought. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    How about actually be able to cook from a fireplace like in the olden days.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I would love this! It would be great for past historical and magical gameplay. I would also like fireplaces for smaller houses.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Great idea indeed!
    We need ginormous fireplaces and tiny ones.
    We also need the ability to place fireplaces against diagonal walls. It used to work and now it doesn’t unless we use MOO. I don’t like using MOO.

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I personally really would like a few options for the fireplaces.

1. To be able to change the color of the flame like we were able to do in Sims 3
    2. to be able to add garland or stockings for Xmas
    3. To have a little more appropriate decor options for the mantle

I do realize that not all of the fireplaces have a mantle so adding holiday decor may not be possible on those, and Im okay with that. Also not everyone want to change out the fireplace that actually has decor added because it wouldn't be appropriate year round. They didn't even make a version of the fireplace that didn't have the decor so you could change it during the rest of the year to begin with.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    All I really want are chimneys.

In previous Sims games, if you place a fireplace, it places a chimney on the opposite wall which travels all the way up to the roof.

In Sims 4, chimneys only appear on roofs, not on walls, and are completely unrelated to fireplaces.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    All I really want are chimneys.

In previous Sims games, if you place a fireplace, it places a chimney on the opposite wall which travels all the way up to the roof.

In Sims 4, chimneys only appear on roofs, not on walls, and are completely unrelated to fireplaces.

Im actually torn on the subject of chimneys. On the one hand I like the external look of them. On the other hand Sims 4 in general has a lack of customization so the fireplace that you choose on the inside of the house may look splendid but the chimney they made for it may look awful for the house house externally. For all its ability to customize near anything in Sims 3 I don't recall being able to do so on the chimneys which was a shame. Also putting fireplaces on interior walls now is easy in the rest o the Sims series you had to plan around the chimney while building.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett