Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS texture glitches with some CC (overlapping into other items) - Can I fix this?

JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
Going through today's list of randomly made new townies to make them look better, I find this:

MFQM0LT.png

See how the texture of the top has appeared in part of the bottom. The bottom is from Maxis - I actually found this on a CC bottom, and so swapped around a pile of different skirts. It happens on some, mostly CC ones, and on this one from Strangerville.

This isn't the first time I've seen this and usually when I do I just remove the offender from the 'random' list as it usually also occurs in items I was thinking of removing anyway.

But I like this top, so now I'm wondering if this is a problem I could fix.

I gather someone has 'painted outside the lines' of the UV map. But I'm not sure where to find the UV Map, and if I can open the texture file in GIMP and just fix it or if the process is a bit more involved (and I assume it is, that I'd need to find some way to unpackage it or something).

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it: