Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Understanding 'Invalid Tuning' report? "Incorrectly matched tuning types - Expected 'E', got 'T'"

JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I ran a scan of my mods last night, and while I was able to fix some actual errors it presented, I've got a lot of tuning reports that I'm trying to learn how to read.

First question: Is there documentation on the XML files for these? I assume there is. Is there a big FAQ link I missed?

When I see a report like this:
chingyu1023_KindTrait_KindTrait | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for tags in Instance: 4050330852 (chingyu1023_KindTrait_KindTrait), Types.TRAIT. Expected 'E', got 'T'

And the xml for that looks like:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<I xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" c="Trait" s="4050330852" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="chingyu1023_KindTrait_KindTrait">
  <T n="display_name">0xF8CFDD00</T>
  <T n="display_name_gender_neutral">0xF8CFDD00</T>
  <T n="icon">2f7d0004:00000000:df886b8f13ce954b</T>
  <T n="trait_description">0xE262988B</T>
  <L n="buffs">
    <U>
      <T n="buff_type">13005381102845573556</T>
      <V n="buff_reason" t="enabled">
        <T n="enabled">0xC762D10C</T>
      </V>
    </U>
  </L>
  <L n="ages">
    <E>CHILD</E>
    <E>TEEN</E>
    <E>YOUNGADULT</E>
    <E>ADULT</E>
    <E>ELDER</E>
  </L>
  <L n="species">
    <E>HUMAN</E>
  </L>
  <V n="loot_on_trait_add" t="enabled">
    <L n="enabled">
    <T>168034</T>
    <T>168032</T>
    <T>168037</T>
    <T>168038</T>
    <T>168040</T>
  </L>
  </V>
  <E n="trait_type">PERSONALITY</E>
  <L n="tags">
    <T>TraitPersonality</T>
    <T>TraitGroup_Lifestyle</T>
  </L>
  <V n="ui_category" t="ui_trait_category_tag" />
</I>

Is this something I can just fix by changing all those <T>stuff</T> into <E>stuff</E> ?

Perhaps the only line I want to edit is this one?
<T n="buff_type">13005381102845573556</T>
- the buff type?

With a few old mods like the traits pack this one comes from, I've got hundreds of reports like this. So if this is a common issue, has someone automated the fix for it?

I see a lot of other things where I get 'something' is loading a value of None... but most of the errors comes down to 'Expected this, got that'.

Lastly... are these issues important? Do they mean these trait mods are not working?

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    Hey!

To start, the actual issue with the provided Trait tuning file you sent is in the "tags" section. A list of tags contains Enumerators, which means each tag has to be in a "<E>" tag, not a "<T>" tag. An Enumerator is a number disguised as a name, so you can just look at it and know what it is instead of just seeing a bunch of numbers. Because the game knows what it needs to read from the "tags" section, this still works, but it would rather know it is an enumerator, making it faster to read and load into the game.

Using "<T>" is technically an incorrect way to do this, as it shouts at you with warnings, but it's still working fine. I had to learn that lesson myself. The "<T>" tag just means Tunable, so anything that refers to a tunable element, which is almost everything. It's the generic tag.

Here's what each tag is:
    'M' is Module,
    'C' is Class,
    'I' is Instance,
    'T' is Tunable,
    'L' is List,
    'V' is Variant,
    'U' is Tuple,
    'E' is Enum

And no, I don't think anybody automated it, and although automating it is possible, it's best the original creators learn about this and correct their mistakes.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Thanks, that helps explain a lot.

Almost all of these errors come from one mod pack, that hasn't seen an update in a few years - so if I wanted to get rid of those reports I'll have to do it myself most likely.

But now I think I'm understanding what I'm reading more, so thank you for the detailed info.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top