Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with transferring university diploma and graduation picture to other save

I am currently trying to move a sim from one save to another. I put the things from her inventory I wanted to keep in a room in my library. I placed everything down. She has the fruit she collected again, as well as a photograph she made. But her university diploma to hang on the wall disappeared from the room and her graduation photo is now an empty black picture. Is it possible to transfer these?

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The only thing I can recommend is this:
    1. Build a small room.
    2. Hang the diploma and photo on the wall of this new room.
    3. Save the room to My Library tab.
    4. In another save, place that room on the lot.

And at least photo should appear.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    @EgonVM That was exactly what I did. Regular photos (photos taken with a camera) appear. The graduation picture doesn't for some strange reason. :( While I'm typing this I suddenly realise I could try have my sim take a photo of het graduation portrait.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Hmm... Interesting...

Then the only alternative I can offer is to get a camera, take a picture of the graduation photo, and bring that to the new save with the room.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I’d just cheat it in and debug.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I’d just cheat it in and debug.

I am looking for a way to transfer the object to hang on the wall which you get at graduation. I already know the cheat for the trait/degree in the info panel.
    I could look for a diploma in debug. It won't be hers but would be the best next thing, I guess.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2021
    I asked about this a while ago here. I tried the suggested solutions, but unfortunately none seemed to work for me. In the end I decided to go back to a previous save before my sim graduated and start his degree again in a new save. If I had to start again now I suppose I would just take photos and use my imagination or perhaps my sim would study another degree. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a better way around this. My sim worked so hard at university and deserves to show off his achievement.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    I asked about this a while ago here. I tried the suggested solutions, but unfortunately none seemed to work for me. In the end I decided to go back to a previous save before my sim graduated and start his degree again in a new save. If I had to start again now I suppose I would just take photos and use my imagination or perhaps my sim would study another degree. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a better way around this. My sim worked so hard at university and deserves to show off his achievement.

Thank you for the link. Looks like I am not the only one trying to move to another save. Too bad it seems impossible. I won't be going back to a previous version of my sim. I'll just pretend a moving box got lost on her way to her new home.