Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Thank you so much for Spellcasters, Vampires, Trait Cheats, Windenburg, Strangerville, Sulani & the Gallery.

Just some questions:
    Will we ever get the Genies, Fairies, Werewolves, the Heartshape Bed, Spiral Stairs & Time Machines in Sims 4?
    Will we ever get Body Hair, Nails, Eye Lashes & Color Wheel in Sims 4?
    Will we ever get a Lunar Moon, Zodiac Signs & Moonlight Falls in Sims 4?
    Will we ever get a new Culture of North American Natives?

Thank you for listening. :)
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Perhaps a topic of interest for 411 would be that of design decisions made for performance reasons. I saw a bug report made a while back on certain plants that look beautiful on an outside wall and become dark and smudgy when placed on an inside wall. QA stated this was for performance reasons, which just made me shake my head.

I'm concerned at how gameplay seems adversely effected now by reasoning of performance. Plants aren't maturing in the wild, dig rocks and frog logs aren't respawning in my vanilla, rotational style save. Try visiting Sylvan Glades for example. Nothing produces harvestables during a sim's visit like used to be the case. My assumption is this is caused by now having to be on a lot at 5:00 a.m. for plants to function properly. In short, that 5:00 a.m. limitation is creating frustrating gameplay issues. There are both careers and aspirations adversely effected by that limitation.

Another example of change I think must have been done for performance reasons is the fairly recent change to capping texture quality from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024, even if running the game in Ultra settings. The result is some blurry textures even on some official game content. Why was this imposed on a player using ultra settings? I wasn't encountering any issues that I am aware of before the change was made.

I understand performance is an important area of concern to stay on top of for a large, complex game but decisions are being made that are taking away from the gameplay experience for players with systems capable of running ultra settings. When my collector can't collect, my scientist can't garden at the lab, a hidden lot won't produce plants and my conservationist has to take pictures of dirt piles in lieu of plants or trees, I become frustrated. It has begun to feel that basic gameplay I have been used to, and feel should work the way it used to, is now being taken away. Hence, I would be interested in knowing how performance changes made come about, i.e. internal testing, player feedback of what is happening in games...What?
  • UKitUKit Posts: 1 New Member
    It's a shame you guys don't want to improve your game. Sometimes it seems to me that you are not doing what the game really needs. There are many problems in the game. And you close your eyes to it. The quality of your work is poor. I feel bad about the way you kill the game. And I stopped buying new content a long time ago. I don't want to pay for a dummy. There is no point in wasting money on low-quality content. Fans of the game have been asking you for a long time to fix the game, add spiral staircases, cars, etc. And the roofs? Why is the design worse than that of its predecessors? But you are not doing what we need. There is no point in going to work, you can sell a painting and make a fortune. Imitation of life is very bad. Feeling that you are not testing new content for the game well. Why are you making so many mistakes? Why is the game world closed? I'm sorry that you are killing the whole story. I'm a dedicated fan of the Sims world. I'm ready to give you all my money, but the quality of the product upsets me. I want to cry. What a pity that I had to leave the game. Trust has been exhausted. You started production of The Sims 5, I'm not sure if you want to improve the Sims 4.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I’d love some more aspirations for child Sims. Cycling through the same four just gets old, especially with larger families.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • _plumlala3__plumlala3_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey!

Improvement for gallery thumbnails, it’s rubbish when I spent hours on a build for it to show on the gallery as a tree or lamppost.

I play on console and I’ve noticed console players don’t get gallery notifications, I always wonder if pc players think us console players are arrogant because we miss comments and new followers a lot.

Thanks!!!
  • dжnmdжnm Posts: 1 New Member
    please just give us ukrainian localisation
  • oleahayoleahay Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! It would be really nice if you added Ukrainian localization, because not all Ukrainians know English or Russian, so it's hard for them to fully enjoy Sims
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cangwen wrote: »
    LizaFox010 wrote: »
    Good day, developers. Many players, as I have noticed that the game has a lot of content created for the "disadvantaged", well, that is. for Blacks, Asians and LGBT people. Many of us would like content with a European connotation: castles, provinces, more good skins for whites (because there are already too many skins for blacks.) With such a set of skins, I cannot create a beautiful white-skinned redhead without using modifications. I would like to have a Slavic theme. I also want to add that I'm really looking forward to new supernatural creatures and more family content (farm, horses, more interactions and the real development of stories of different families.)

You sound like someone who has only seen prejudice and discrimination in books. Go soak your head.
    Well he just seen it from you so there's that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • megamarrumegamarru Posts: 1 New Member
    Two things,
    1-MATCHING FURNITURE why don't we have this? surely it's easy enough since you've done them in some packs but yet not all? and no, i don't want to have to pay for the benefit of a matching kitchen all of the time.
    2- OPEN WORLDS we know this can be done, there's literally a mod made by a fan (Brookheights). Not even member of staff. If people like us can make your game better you should really be looking at your quality of work. We're paying money to have unfinished packs and hardly any content and it's getting infuriating having to find a reason why we should buy the packs i.e fitness stuff, literally does nothing.
    In the end I think instead of focusing on more packs to get more money out of us you should be updating base game and the other packs.
  • NavigateTreesNavigateTrees Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly I get this is about The Sims 4 but I am a loyal Sims 2 player. Always have been and always will be.

I just wish you all would go back to The Sims 2 and do something, anything to make the game work and run better on newer machines. People are still playing the game and installing it on Windows 10 can have issues. I just want the game to work. Release a patch or do something. Heck, release The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection again.

Please I do not want anyone coming for me with YouTube links and etc. I am expressing what I want them to hear even though EA and company do not care.
  • MkfsimsMkfsims Posts: 3 New Member
    Be able to do story mode on sims already created in the gallery. I have sims I have created in the past and wish I could be able to give them a story with the settings
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Are there any plans for lifemode-managing systems?
    F.e options to disable sims from sulani, or homeless sims wandering around in windenburg and stuff like that..it would be really neat to have such managing system around to actually control where sims randomly appear or can tend a stall and work. This game does have a huge problem with immersion breaking unchangeable functions. This should work for jobs(active and passive npcs and degrees) too. Basically anywhere sims can get some sort of assignment
    Seeing city people tending a sulani stall does make me cringe everytime! and they are changing jobs on a daily basis..the best example for immersion breaking here is RoM's magic world... r:

Are there any plans to improve sims personalities and behavior? Sims in open world rarely do natural things or appear real and lively. They need to do more interesting and natural things imo. I feel like every thing in the world is only there for my sims to take advantage. Townies are walking around doing nothing really. Theyre only there for me to take action..

Thanks!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2021
    the game needs more drama and random events and toggles so that people who don't like random events can turn them off and it want hurt the people who do like random events thank you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Katharina95Katharina95 Posts: 1 New Member
    I like that the Team tries to communicate more with the community. I think telling people even more about the process and progress on some request would make it even better. Will there be more interaction between you guys and some YouTubers like it was for the design of the lots for snowy escape expansion?
  • SimsaureSimsaure Posts: 2 New Member
    As catalan speaker, i would like to play sims in my mother tongue.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2021
    could you please add more to whims I feel like it helps me get to know my sims and its less fun to play without ones for new packs
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Efe_208Efe_208 Posts: 1 New Member
    "Unnatural" hair colors for childs/toodlers
    Dear The Sims Team,
    Since the relase of The Sims 4 child sims can only have "natural" hair colors and its bugging me ever since. I personally don't understand why i can't make my childs hair blue. The whole reason for the skin color patch was to make more induvidual sims and being able to make yourself or friends on The Sims. It's the same for hair colors. For example, I want to recrate my friend who dyed his hair blue last week. But I can't because childs can't have "unnatural" hair colors. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that we are going to get more hair colors but If you add "unnatural" hair colors to childs and toodlers, the community would appreciate it.
    Thank you for reading and happy simming. :smile:

PS. If I have any typos, please forgive me :)
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you for the opportunity.

First off, I can't stress it enough. Consequences. The game just seems so.. eh. Nothing goes wrong, nothing the Sims have to 'deal' with, or work through, because it's always okay. A Sim could freak out for a few moments, but then nothing. I want to see progression, working towards that event and sometimes, it still be affecting a Sim or household. I just want the game to be more challenging and give you more options as a player to work through it.

Sims personalities being worked on recently have been great, it's a step in the right direction, but still needs so much more. I'd love to see systems like wants and fears, likes and dislikes (turn ons/offs system), favorites.. more IN-DEPTH personalities that can really SHAPE our Sims!

Family game-play: Is a huge deal for me as a family player. There's so much that's lacking. I'd like to see more stuff fixed with the Sims themselves individually and then also as a family/household.

Also... the "Fun" Motive. Why aren't more activities, objects, etc.. allowing the fun motive to increase? Like when a Sim has a baby.. and they're talking to their baby/coo at, or holding the nooboo and bouncing them / talking to them and their fun doesn't go up? This should be special to Sims bringing a new baby into the family / growing the family.. especially Family - Oriented Sims.

Aliens/Mermaids - why did they not get the same systems as Vampires and Spellcasters? Aliens most definitely need to be reworked. I love their disguises (Please add the ability to copy their alien forms, or their disguised forms and make it so that their Alien form can look just like that.. or vice-versa!) Also, they need WAY more powers! Maybe even a tree where they can have powers -- some very powerful -- but also have weaknesses too.. I loved that about Vampires. You guys did amazing with Vampires, But Aliens, Mermaids and Spellcasters.. .need lots of work.

CAS: I would love to see an option to make our own stylized looks or save the outfits we make for each category so we can find them easier.

The Gallery: Is there any plans to add new options to the gallery? Like searching for one-story houses/two-story houses, I had some other options that I was wondering about, but I've forgotten what they were, lol.
  • AlexiaVRFosterAlexiaVRFoster Posts: 1 New Member
    :*

Hello!!

These are some things that I'd love to see in The Sims CAS:

- More moles and freckles, not only for the face, but also for the body.
    - Dimples (in the cheeks and under the eyes).
    - Body hair.
    - Belly piercings and other types of ear piercings.
    - More modern accesories.
    - Heterochromia.
    - More eye colours.
    - More tattoos.
    - Make up that fits well in the male face (this is really important for representation, there are many men that use make up in real life yet it looks awful in male faces in the sims).

Appart from that, I'd like to say that I really want to see some Mediterranean representasion in the Sims. It'd be cool to have a pack inspired in Spain, Italy, Greece... It could include a super beautiful Mediterranean world (the Mediterranean is NOT similar to a desert in any way, btw) with crystal clear beaches; hotels that we can control (this is important, could be the job of our sims, and many simmers love building); little bars in the beach to have fun with friends, eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner or just eat an ice-cream; little shops in which you can buy souvenirs (and you can give to your friends and family); any type of festival in the beach (something like Saint John's Eve for example, with people doing bonfires, jumping over them, singing, drinking, dancing...; and this could be a specific day every summer); parents teaching their kids how to swim; sims surfing; beach umbrellas (if it's too windy they could fly and sims would have to go after them); beautiful and modern summer clothes and shoes; going sightseeing through the town; Mediterranean food (like paella, Spanish omelette, spaghetti, moussaka...). There are many things that could be in a pack (hopefully an expansion pack) like this, and I think many people could like it :) Also, the world could be like Mt. Komorebi, in which you can both live or have a vacation in.

Another way Mediterraneans could be represented is in a Farm pack, with farmers, chickens, pigs, horses... But personally I like more the other idea. I mean, I also want a Farm pack, but I'd prefer the Mediterranean representation in a hotel pack.

Anyways, the most important thing is that you don't just follow the stereotypes and do some proper research. That way I think we could get a super good pack!

Lastly, here a few random things I'd like in the game:

- Improved babies (could come in a patch before a Generations pack).
    - Kids riding bikes.
    - Skating (this could come in a world for the Generations pack or in the hotels pack).
    - Better teens, they need to be more different from adults. Or you could also make a pre-teen stage.
    - More recipes from ALL around the world.
    - More activities for elders.
    - More romantic interactions (this is a really important thing for me and many simmers).
    - An introverted and a shy traits. I don't understand why we have an extroverted trait but not the opposite.
    - A telescope.
    - Many more aspirations.
    - A tattoo artist career.
    - Burglars! (this was super fun in last games of The Sims).
    - Spiral staircases.
    - Arabic archs.
    - Making homemade pizza.
    - Round pools.
    - Being able to catch butterflies like in The Sims 3.
    - Mosquito bites.
    - Sims walking in groups (for example you could see three kids that are friends walking together, two teens that are a couple, two elders, four young adults...)
    - Water for cats and dogs, I don't understand why they never drink :/

Well, this is all I could think of. Hugs :) <3
  • Kotik0987Kotik0987 Posts: 2 New Member
    Dear developers, I send you greetings from Russia! (I apologize for my terrible english)

Thank you for the content you create. This is very hard work.

I would like to share things that (in my opinion) are missing in the game, and would help make it even more interesting!
    1. Add body hair. Not only for men, but for women too! (hair on the shoulders and arms, legs, chest, etc.).
    2. Improve character traits, as well as preferences (zodiac signs, preferred music, favorite food tastes).
    3. Do a little work on babies, children, and (especially!) teenagers who are practically no different from adult Sims at all.
    4. Add more new cities to travel to.
    5. New supernatural creatures (werewolves, for example). And you can also improve existing species (aliens, vegetable people)
    6. Agriculture. Horses, rabbits, pigs, chickens, etc.
    7. More free lots for areas where Sims can live.
    8. The system of memories.
    9. A person's sexual orientation.
    10. New pets.
    11. More professions that Sims can master.

Thanks for your attention! <3
  • PatrickClasterPatrickClaster Posts: 25 Member
    Can you be more transparent about the content that won't be added? Still so many people are asking for the open world, color wheel, cars, etc.

It would be helpful if you made it official what content won't be added. People are still secretly hoping you will include cars in game - but if you don't plan to do it, it would be best to let us know.

Why do you include stuff from paid DLCs later in update of base game? Why is the stuff people paid for made free after some time? There are clothes, hairs and even some build & buy items patched in the base game after some time of the pack's release. Also I understand why do you recycle old animations - but why do you recycle content from past packs? There are clothes from different packs that are almost same except one little detail - for example jacket from Snowy Escapes is so similar to another jacket, the only detail that was changed is the collar. Or food stalls that are just recolors of the first one.

What do you say about some groundbreaking mods? Like Brookheights mod, which is an open world mod, or Farmlands, another open world mod including farming, made by Arnie, or color sliders mods for hairs and clothes by thepancake1 and MizoreYukii. Or BetterSims by Midiar that overhauls personality of Sims and makes it better. So why you haven't made yet color sliders or even color wheel since two modders did it? Or why is the personality so lacking when one person is totally remaking it? Or the open world - we were told it is not possible, yet here we are with a mod that makes a world open.
    Is there possible chance you would collab with modders and make such stuff possible? Like maybe remaking your version of open world and let us visit without loading screens all lots in the sub neighborhood? Or giving us official color sliders for hairs?

What was the real reason to not make animals playable? Someone from your team told us that we don't control our animals in real life - was this the real reason? We can't be vampires, spellcasters, meirmaids nor we can't travel to Batoo. The reason for pets not being playable isn't really good one. Would you make pets playable via update?

Are you planning to revisit some older packs and update them like you asked us in the poll last year? Some packs really need this. Like maybe give us skill tree for all occults we have - or give us playable underwater area.

What is the reason that male sims don't get much content compared to female sims? And male kids and toddlers are totally forgotten. Will you be addressing this issue by giving us free updates to fix this? And would it be possible to have solely clothes for teens and elders?

Why do you make us pay for representation / diversity? For example Snowy Escape made us pay for japanesse culture or Jungle Adventure for south american culture. Same was happening with the Sims 3 store. Why do Simmers have to pay to feel represented in game?
  • Blair_87Blair_87 Posts: 3 New Member
    Dear Sims team! Thank you for offering us an opportunity to share our thoughts about our favourite game. <3

Here's [b]a list of features[/b] I would be happy to see in my game.

1. Story progression and some unexpected things happening in the game that would add some drama/challenge to it. There should be something hapenning without constant control from a player.
    2. More family game play and activities that more than one sim can do together. Generations in ts4 is not as deep as in previous interactions. I would prefer my parents sims could do much more with kids together and also help them with the skills.
    3. Hotels, bands, super model career, better schools and weddings, better dates and a slow dance back.
    4. Have you ever thought of such careers as ice an hockey player, ice skater, flight attendant, pilot, dancer, tv host, etc.?
    5. More events like baby shower, bachelor party, prom, etc.
    6. In some careers it's quite easy to reach the top of it quite quickly, especially after graduation from university. Would it be possible to unlock extra levels for graduates?
    7. I find inspirations very useful, they help me develop a story line, but there are just a few of them. Would be better if we had more, especially those around romance, career and family and if they could include negative scenarios, like a heart breaker, etc.
    8. For me teenagers are the most boring to play with. They are same like adults with a bit less option. So in the end I go over this stage very quickly. It would be great if teens could get some unique interactions and hobbies.
    9. Will ballet classes ever be back?
    10. Will a principal come back at some point? Could there be private schools?
    11. Are you planning to improve fair skin tones as well? I live in Europe and it's hard for me to find a proper fair skin tone with a neutral sub-tone. Almost all fair skin colors right now have a yellowish tone, which doesn't reflect the European type of the skin correctly.

[b]Questions[/b]:
    1. How do you select the topics for the packs and how do you prioritize them? Who has a final say about what will be part of a pack?
    2. Different players have different wishes, e.g., realistic game play vs fictional, traditional packs vs new topics for the packs. Do you consider this when you decide in which order to released which pack?
    3. Do you collect any data about how people play, for example, is it more family oriented style, etc. Does it affect how you select the features for the new packs?

Thank you for working on this game, making it better for us and good luck in everything you do!
  • daahlingnikkidaahlingnikki Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be nice for the sims to seem like different people. As it stands now everyone in the sims is pretty much the same. It would be nice if their aspirations, careers and traits actually played a part in how and whom they interacted with. This would make the gameplay more immersive because then certain sims would possibly never come into contact with one another. I also would like to see the activities in the game increase. There's really not enough for any of the sims to do without it becoming repetitious and boring. Having working movie theaters, theme parks road trips actual move away days for the sims when they go off to university. There is so much potential for San Myshuno owning apartments and becoming landlords or possibly turning your building into a hotel. Get Famous really needed a band expansion and Del Sol Valley needs an overhaul with beaches and more lots. I can just imagine starting off as an indie grunge band at the up and coming bar and then having my sims rise to fame and perform concerts in all of the other worlds. I mean the potential would be endless. I also would like to see this game go back to it's more "adult" roots. I know you want to make it fun for everyone but this game always had adult themes and I don't want to see that get lost.
  • Kotik0987Kotik0987 Posts: 2 New Member
    12. It would also be great if we added a color circle to the CAS.
    13. As well as cars, motorcycles and scooters, baby strollers.
    14. Desires and fears.
    15. New romantic and friendly actions. Kisses, hugs, interactions.
    16. Cemetery.
    17. Players are very much waiting for the addition of criminals and thieves. And improved police officers.
    18. Plot stories like in Sims 2. Robinsons, pets.
    19. Сhildren's playgrounds and attractions.
    20. New types of food dishes.
    21. More secret places.
    22. Bigfoot.
    23. Sports games, martial arts.
    24. New age groups.
    25. Piercings and tattoos, colored hair, dreadlocks.
    26. Baby Clothes.
    27. More gaming opportunities in public places (hospital, for example).
    28. Cultural customs of different countries (national customs, greetings, outfits, geisha schools, some ancient museums, and so on).
    29. Separation of roles in the family, new family traditions
    30. A journey into the future. robots, androids, technologies.
    31. Hotels, places of rest, excursions.

Sorry for the trouble, I couldn't specify everything in the first message :#
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top