Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC Dating Bug

amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
Hello! I just started using the MCCC mod yesterday. It's the first and only mod I've ever used and so far I'm really liking all of the story progression it's adding to my game. HOWEVER, I tried to have my sim go on a date today and it failed...took my sim to the venue, her date was not there, a bronze award popped up saying the date was finished even though it had never began. After doing some searching online, I found that the copy of MCCC I had downloaded wasn't the most up to date, so I deleted it, repaired my game, and then downloaded vs 8.1.0 from Patreon. Re-did all of my MCCC Settings (which took like 30 real-life minutes all on it's own :neutral: ) and tried taking my sim on a date again, and the same thing happened. I'm so frustrated right now...I resisted mods for the longest time because I was afraid of something like this happening.

I tried to go to the MCCC discord for help and I can't get into it. Has anyone else experienced this bug and know how to fix it? I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to mods/coding/computer files. The idea of having to remove this mod and then re-do all of the settings for it again seriously makes me want to cry.

0IzRxZE.jpg

Comments

• amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Update: removed the mod again 🙄 tried taking that same sim out on a date again and it still failed. I tried taking another sim on a date in another game save and it worked, so is my save file just corrupted now? If so, can I fix it by recovering an older copy of the save? Hoping someone knows more about how these things work... 😕 I’d really like to be able to keep using MCCC if this can be fixed.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It is problably a corrupted save. Never heard of such a problem with mccc.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Bonxie made this post at 2:07am in the MC COMMAND CENTER LOCAL HELP/CHAT THREAD If none of this helps and you still can't get into discord maybe she will have an answer for you. Hopefully, she will see this since I tagged her.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    MCCC v8.1.0 for Sims 4 game version 1.72.28 is out now!

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-8-1-0-49741013 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

Find the complete change log here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/private/645028855357276160/tumblr_5djwSe4PZMb4rHTX7

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

This release has been tested to be working with (but does not require) GTW, OR, Get Together, Dine Out, City Life, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventures, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangeville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, University Living, Eco Living, Journey to Batuu, Snowy Escape and the patch released March 23, 2021 - PC: 1.72.28.1030 / Mac: 1.72.28.1230.

Versions before this most likely won't work, so don’t be surprised if that’s the case!

The mod folder will look more or less like this after MCCC 8.1.0 installation/update:
    y4m0ASDk4Iu2sQ5BPtrKylJ-WeXLBj5e-43d0t3N3tereftw1xOJt5x5IGUYABalDDBtDXA_E86-6uKWnkW0lTmGBRZfMdDizwUEMEwoTKI0uj3LDtfYBvOM41eojkqEDpE8k2cU5ai9Zgr_4KjOMhG9BnW3n8WgY2mrefTFvcYdbUkbQAGxw1rQtSKvA4GS-JA?width=627&height=519&cropmode=none

As proof of installation the welcome screen of MCCC 8.1.0 looks like this:
    y4m2mnSvmJuXVCX6EQiaWutYYy2Wo7KWuuqS0MLrIpZrtgenaWlNvNo7uRS3DFv3MSEagdkOJrv2ag_lL4f1xGQK0rX6X1B_TrydWYCjnp8pKO9vX3axLzESj9jyJqF2HE85_b9qlOJINvVNewZZj3s_PhQ6-fivSY67FKP5X0xDnt3wEMK0_u6LbbWyblHhY1M?width=276&height=299&cropmode=none

Check the CC and Mods in your game and use current versions only. Be careful when using outdated or orphaned DLC. If you get an orange error message referring to a Last Exception, the most probably reason is broken 3rd party stuff.

Legacy players (32-bit) should keep MCCC version 6.6.0:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative MCCC 6.6.0 download site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    edited April 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    It is problably a corrupted save. Never heard of such a problem with mccc.

@texxx78 I've a done few more test plays with and without mccc using the bad save and a recovered save and I think you're right. I think when I was originally using mccc 8.0.0 before I realized 8.1.0 was out it may have corrupted that save file. The recovered previous save is behaving correctly now with mccc 8.1.0 and dates are seemingly working as they should (the only weird thing is that when the sims first arrive at the date venue, their date progress bar is already a quarter filled in before they date has even begun, but it does allow them to proceed with the date instead of ending immediately so that's the most important part).

On the corrupted save, I finally got the date to work by taking the sims to a different venue and doing the "ask on a date" interaction there instead of the venue where they were originally at (maybe the glitch was actually with that original venue instead the date interaction itself?). However, when they arrived at the date venue I got a pop up from mccc advising there was an error that was logged most likely caused by out of date mods or cc, even though at that point I confirmed 8.1.0 was installed and all 8.0.0 files were completely deleted from my laptop. I'm guessing accidentally using 8.0.0 on that save previously has permanently corrupted it so I'm just going to delete it and stick with the recovered file.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Check the CC and Mods in your game and use current versions only. Be careful when using outdated or orphaned DLC. If you get an orange error message referring to a Last Exception, the most probably reason is broken 3rd party stuff.

@Bananas_45 I did get that Last Exception warning today when I was play testing the corrupted save even though I confirmed 8.1.0 was the only thing installed and I don't use any other mods or cc. I think some coding from 8.0.0 must be stuck in that save file. I'm going to delete it and just play the recovered save that seems to be working now and hope for the best. Thank you!

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    I'm glad you worked it out!
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited April 2021
    @amp107 You may already know this, but just to be sure... Any time you add or remove a mod or custom content of any kind, be sure to delete your localthumbcache.package file from your main S4 folder. It contains data from previous game sessions (including mod/cc data) and could indeed affect your saves. Many times deleting it can prevent or sometimes even clear up some leftover oddities. A fresh version to replace the deleted one will be automatically generated when you start the game again. Also, it's a good idea to keep a copy of your mc_settings.cfg file from your MCCC folder (put the copy in another location for safekeeping). That way if something else happens you don't need to redo the settings from scratch. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    @amp107 You may already know this, but just to be sure... Any time you add or remove a mod or custom content of any kind, be sure to delete your localthumbcache.package file from your main S4 folder. It contains data from previous game sessions (including mod/cc data) and could indeed affect your saves. Many times deleting it can prevent or sometimes even clear up some leftover oddities. A fresh version to replace the deleted one will be automatically generated when you start the game again. Also, it's a good idea to keep a copy of your mc_settings.cfg file from your MCCC folder (put the copy in another location for safekeeping). That way if something else happens you don't need to redo the settings from scratch. :)

@VeeDub I actually did not know about either of those things, so THANK YOU SO MUCH! Will deleting the localthumbcache.package file remove my previous save files that I might need for save recovery?

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

@VeeDub I actually did not know about either of those things, so THANK YOU SO MUCH! Will deleting the localthumbcache.package file remove my previous save files that I might need for save recovery?

No, those saves will remain as long as you don't remove or overwrite them yourself. And you're quite welcome. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)