Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adult sims and doll houses.

My sims have neither the creative nor the childish trait. Yet they try to drop their queue to go play with the doll house constantly. This is annoying. It's worse with the introduction of being permanently inspired from having a clean floor.
Please for the love of llamas reconsider having this autonomy for none creative none childish sims. And consider in general more carefully before adding yet more environmental emotional buffs to the game.

Comments

• Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I don't think this is trait related. I've been having this issue quite a bit lately as well. My sims will stop in the middle of painting, cooking, yoga, and writing to do something else. There just seems to be something really wrong with the game right now.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    If you have toddlers and a dollhouse in your household, the toddler will autonomously ask the adult sim to play with the dollhouse with them. Like, the adult will go to the dollhouse because the toddler has sort of forced a 'play with the dollhouse with...' <the adult sim> action. That might be it. If you don't have a toddler on your lot then it's a whole lot more weirder
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    It happens a lot in my games. Adults play with the dollhouse even though there are no toddlers in the game. I have started removing the dollhouse in all the builds I have downloaded. It is super annoying.
  • Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Yessss my sims, even if they are not maternal/paternal/childish at all, are lured by the dollhouse. Frustrated with constantly making them do other stuff. At least I know where to find them
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I haven't seen too many adults in my game use the dollhouse. They mostly do it for me when they have the Childish trait. I remember a few times where a Sim would just stop what they were doing though and use the dollhouse without that trait. Lately, all my Sims have been smashing the dollhouses, which is very annoying to deal with sometimes. Like, every Sim just decides to smash it, and it always makes my Childish Sims or the few Child Sims I do use in my games very upset. :D
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I forgot about the dollhouse smashing every time they're in a bad mood, that's annoying too!

I put my doll houses in a small room accessed by a pet door as the toddlers can get in but no one else can. This is really a less than ideal solution.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    My sims have neither the creative nor the childish trait. Yet they try to drop their queue to go play with the doll house constantly. This is annoying. It's worse with the introduction of being permanently inspired from having a clean floor.
    Please for the love of llamas reconsider having this autonomy for none creative none childish sims. And consider in general more carefully before adding yet more environmental emotional buffs to the game.

It bothers me when I have sims who are NOT related to the child in any way or not playing dolls with the children in the household when they lack the childish, family-oriented or creative traits, For example, my sim is friends with a Sage. They come to visit and play with my sim's kid that doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me because even though neither of them has those traits because they are playing with the child. However, it bothers me when a sim is somebody like Malcolm Landgraab who is friends with my teen sim and he plays with the little sister because he is an evil sim and doesn't have either of the traits where it would make sense for him to play with dolls with a child. I hate it when you have sims who hate children playing dolls with a child when they hate kids.

Yes, I am annoyed with some sims playing with dolls when it doesn't make any sense for them to do so.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I forgot about the dollhouse smashing every time they're in a bad mood, that's annoying too!

I put my doll houses in a small room accessed by a pet door as the toddlers can get in but no one else can. This is really a less than ideal solution.

I really think smashing dollhouses, kicking gnomes, trash cans, etc should really be something that Sims only autonomously do if they have the Hot-Headed or Uncontrolled Emotions traits, or if they have poor Emotional Control.

It doesn't make sense that every Sim in a bad mood gets violent.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I have experienced a similar obsessiveness in my games with modelling clay. It's enormously frustrating, so I can sympathise.
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    It bugs me that toddler and children can make adults go play with them without saying a world. It would be nice if the toddler/child would ask first. Last I checked, communication was a thing.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    Monet11 wrote: »
    It happens a lot in my games. Adults play with the dollhouse even though there are no toddlers in the game. I have started removing the dollhouse in all the builds I have downloaded. It is super annoying.

I found removing the dollhouse helped. I always made a kids room ready for expanding but the adults wouldn’t stop randomly going over and playing.
    Now my Sims stand about for ages before doing anything I ask. It’s like ‘what do I do now the dollhouse is gone?’. So annoying!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    I have experienced a similar obsessiveness in my games with modelling clay. It's enormously frustrating, so I can sympathise.

Yessss .... the clay obsession drives me nuts!!!!

Never notice teens going near the dollhouses. Maybe they have their hands full with clay
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    inkyviolet wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »

Yessss .... the clay obsession drives me nuts!!!!

Never notice teens going near the dollhouses. Maybe they have their hands full with clay

Thanks for the chuckle :)