Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beware - Tomorrow is April’s Fools day

SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
Just a heads up be skeptical of tweets simgurus post if they post any. No doubt they’ll to trick the community into thinking a desired item/pack is coming when it probably isn’t
Edit: many make a good point, be skeptical very much of fan sites
Post edited by SelinaKyles on

Comments

• ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Does this happen? I remember SimsVIP faking a uni pack several years ago but I don’t remember any simgurus doing it.

Also despite what some people may suggest I highly doubt they’d try to trick people into thinking a popular request was coming (how is that even funny?). If anything, they would tease something silly/ game breaking.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Thank you for this reminder!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    It's usually the fansites that do the jokes. SimsVIP and Sims Community etc.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I feel like they're gonna mock the kits and announce the most ridiculous sounding kit ever. Introducing "the Golden Toilet kit!" You get: one toilet. With new gameplay: Diarrhea. "Forget taking a panicked poop, now when your sim has to go, they have to go. Get them to the bathroom straight away or risk embarrassing consequences!"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    more like beware of the forums tho :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Tomorrow would be the perfect day to announce Generations! :D
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I expect them to announce something that will outrage the community. Return to Batuu or something like that.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Eh, the gurus never post anything for april fools.

I am looking forward to the world of warcraft april fools patch notes. They do them every year.

One year they were working on updating all the player races to HD models, and for one of the races on april fools they showed off a grotesque balding woman with derp eyes and duck lips saying this is how the race would look now.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    In other games I love to read the fake patch notes, so I wouldn't mind in sims too. In WoW I'm still waiting for the 'good boy' pad on the head my ghostwolf form (shaman), which was mentioned a decade ago or so. :D

Thanks for the reminder.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't ever recall them doing that. This community is too hyper trigger sensitive for that😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I feel like they're gonna mock the kits and announce the most ridiculous sounding kit ever. Introducing "the Golden Toilet kit!" You get: one toilet. With new gameplay: Diarrhea. "Forget taking a panicked poop, now when your sim has to go, they have to go. Get them to the bathroom straight away or risk embarrassing consequences!"

Hmmm... why do I kinda want this... wait... no... I didn't say that... don't get any ideas EA!

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't think it's the gurus we have to worry about, but the fandom in general and the fansites.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'm not sure people are in the mood for April Fool's jokes this year. I can say 2.8 million of them wont think the jokes will be funny.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2021
    Just a heads up be skeptical of tweets simgurus post if they post any. No doubt they’ll to trick the community into thinking a desired item/pack is coming when it probably isn’t

This would cause so much backlash, there's no way they'd do this for April Fools. Or any other time, for that matter.