Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Out of these expansion packs, what would you most likely buy and why?

Keep in mind that expacks could come with more than just clothes and cosmetic items:
  1. New careers
  2. New lot types
  3. New occult sim type
  4. New transportation options

Let me know in a few sentences why you made the choice you did! :)

Out of these expansion packs, what would you most likely buy and why? 106 votes

Superhero/Villains Sims
16%
imhappyGoddessSeleneKhrisstynepammiechickEvaliynEnkiSchmidtRedShoe7HopeyStarrCattyBetsyDriggerInuMiroLoverRavenSpitRememberJoyGeralt_ofRiviaClousinatorsMeowchaFrappeBastet 17 votes
X-Games (Skateboarding and BMX)
1%
brackencat31Babykittyjade 2 votes
Cars and Autosales
14%
sam123ElokaDarkLady2788davina1221Trashmagictexxx78Sigzy05AineChazzzylogionAbbyZUncagedSongbirdEllupelluelluSimsLady2000Dragonmasterleo 15 votes
Timetraveller (past and future)
40%
Akl500Palan650111BlkBarbiegalrudolphaColorist40elanorbretonAnmirlaMoon_Willowmock68KennziKaigeAncientMusesimmietimetaydevemereTeeSeaDaravihalloweenchildZeldaboy180annaliese39fiercephoenix91 43 votes
Golf (Mini and Links) (Scottish/Irish theme)
3%
crocobauraVentusMattEvilyn_1007Drakos 4 votes
Elemental controller (Last Airbender type thing)
8%
icmnfrshPlayerSinger2010Csibeubi3StarfreePreCiiousDaWaterRatMetior_IceBookBearIvyEvaline 9 votes
Elder care (More play option for last stage sims)
15%
KristinaYautjagirlxXPandoraXxsikasika18PlumbobCrossingHarukotyanbixtersSunflowergal227TaraIris94summertaffy68comicsforlifehappyopihaisinamberlunezPurpleHeatherKerrigan 16 votes

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    These are all intriguing options, but I have trouble imaging what they would do with any of them.

I think I would like Time traveler best. I would hope we would be given several options for the past and maybe future. Wouldn't it be awesome to go back in time and encounter dinosaurs! It would be cool to be given the option of living in the eras and struggle for survival.

While I think Elders could do with a bit more attention, that wouldn't really be enough to fill up an EP.

I am intrigued by Superheroes, but I don't know how that would work without adding some form of battles and rescues and basically turning the Sims into a different type of game. Just walking around wearing a superhero costume and maybe flying over the neighborhood doesn't sound that compelling. Superheroes and Villains need a purpose for being. Elemental control has the same problem - what are they supposed to do with it? I'd love to find out.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so want my Doctor Who sim to actually Time Travel. B)
  • DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    Superhero/Villains Sims
    @Isharell I have a post about the superhero one if you wanna see my thoughts
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't really see how they could do time travel but it sounds great.
    I'd get a car related pack in a heartbeat too.

egTcBMc.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Cars and Autosales
    I will admit that when I play the sims I often try to live out my dreams. And if it's something that I dream about it's being able to own expensive cars.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Superhero/Villains Sims
    I've wanted to play a Superhero sim since Sims 3, so I've got to pick that one. I know it could be difficult to get it to work smoothly with how the game is set up, but I think if they gave us enough customization it could be a lot of fun.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cars and Autosales
    I want cars in my game so much! Mechanical skill and autosales sounds awesome too. Being able to spend those simoleons in luxury cars or buy old cars, update and re sell them is something i would love!

Time travel got me thinking a bit, but i realized i want historical bb, cas and gameplay so that i can recriate different eras, but not specifically time travel...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes! I need my Villain to be able to Skateboard straight to the Car Dealership, pick up a DeLorean, Time Travel to Ancient Ireland, play mini golf with the Element Controlling Fairies and travel back to the far future where he ends up in an old folks home where he'll receive wonderful care from the wonderful carers until the end of his wonderfully villainous days.

Conclusion: Pretty much all of them. o:)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I mean, it's a close call between this, Time Travel, and Supers, but as my play tends towards Urban Fantasy, this would probably be the easiest of those to integrate.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Superhero/Villains Sims
    This is my literal dream pack! :heart:

I've actually even made a poll and information thread about a possible Heroes/Villains pack.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986348/would-you-be-interested-in-a-superheroes-villains-themed-pack#latest
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985966/superheroes-villains-pack-idea/p1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2021
    lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7 they lived a nice full life.

Oh, I looooved Sims3 Into The Future.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Superhero/Villains Sims
    Heroes not necessary, but villains could be good. Whatever treat you feed your bad guy/gal they're still some law abiding citizen. Give a sim evil+mean+jealous, they'll still be much more tolerable than your boss. This kind of makes the game very 1 dimensional.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want my Doctor Who sim to actually Time Travel. B)

OMG what a fantastic idea!!!
    Drigger wrote: »
    @Isharell I have a post about the superhero one if you wanna see my thoughts

Where is it? I'd love to see something that would explain how they would work.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think a time travel pack could be really fun. I am a history nerd so I would especially love being able to play my vampire in the past. I would also like cars and more gameplay for elders. Golf doesn't interest me, but I would love a Scottish and/or Irish themed pack/world.
  • DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    edited March 2021
    Superhero/Villains Sims
    @Isharell https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987437/super-sims-occult-pack#latest

Also thought about your time Timetraveller idea with the dinos and think it would be cool if there was a chance of death if you encountered something like, lets say, a t-Rex or being burned at the stake in like Salem "for being a witch". something like that.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Golf (Mini and Links) (Scottish/Irish theme)
    To be honest I would not be excited by any of these packs. While I don’t want golf. I could get behind a Irish/Scottish world.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    time traveling is such an amazing concept, there are so many possibilities
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Hm, I don't know. I'd have to have a pretty clear idea of what each of those would entail before I'd ever decide if it might be of enough interest for even a maybe.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    I loved Into the Future in TS3, so a time travel pack for TS4 would likely be a cool idea and something I’d enjoy playing again. Superhero/villain is a cool idea as well though...I’d most likely make a villain : p
    they/them or she/her
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I love idea of time travel but I want to actually visit the worlds. I don’t just want a rabbit hole time machine.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Elemental sounds fun!
  • SimmerJillerskiSimmerJillerski Posts: 56 Member
    I choose time traveler because I want to see the dinosaur in Oasis Springs actually move
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Elder care (More play option for last stage sims)
    Elder care. I only play legacy-style so I'd love if elders had more to do.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Into the future was my favorite in 3 so yeah