Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about the detective career

So, my sim who is in the detective career just made her first arrest. The suspect was in a cell when I got to the police station so I took her and did fingerprints, mugshots and a search. Then I find that I can't put her back in her cell, and there was no indication as to whether or not she was the correct suspect. She just started wandering around the police station chatting with all the other detectives! Is this a bug, or did I miss something I was supposed to do? I am only a cadet so I can't interrogate. Sorry if I sound stupid, but I've never played this career before lol.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You should be able to put her in the cell, did you try clicking on the cell doors? Does clicking on the suspect or interrogation table give you any options? You can probably just leave her and go back to your work tasks, since you are at a low rank. I honestly don’t think it matters, and she’ll either be in her cell or gone the next time you go to work.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Thanks Kita. I clicked on her and the cell door, but nothing. My sim can now interrogate suspects, so I did this with my next arrest. It turned out the suspect was guilty, but afterwards, she was still marked as a suspect and I couldn't put her in a cell. I am going to assume this is a bug unless anybody else has any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You’re welcome, sorry it still isn’t working. It doesn’t sound like a mod issue, but if you have any you could remove them and check. Otherwise I’d say it sounds like a bug, you could add a report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I don't usually even try to put prisoners back in their cells. They aren't going to run away. They usually return to the cell on their own after awhile or get returned to the cell by another officer.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Do you use a custom police station or the original one?
    Because when I rebuilt the police station, I found that the debug cell doors do not work for the career. You have to use the door that's in the original build.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. :) I am using the original police station, so that isn't the issue, but thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind. After I had interrogated the suspect and couldn't put her back, I paused and closed the game to come here and ask, and later on when I went back, my sim put the suspect in a cell automatically and I got a case closed notification, so at least that part seems to have righted itself, I just can't do it manually. Oh well, I guess if Sketch hasn't ever put them back, it can't be too much of a big deal anyway. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    SimGamer2021SimGamer2021 Posts: 11 New Member
    I haven't tried this career yet but want to! Reading these experiences is helpful.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Here to report the same problem!
    Original, little modified.
    No mods or cc.
    So you're not alone.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Here to report the same problem!
    Original, little modified.
    No mods or cc.
    So you're not alone.

Hhhmm, this is so weird! I reckon it must be a bug then. Hopefully we'll see a fix some time in the future. Not holding my breath though seeing as people talk about how few bug fixes we get. :/