Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Kits Backlash incoming

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    🤣🤣 I'm a woman that explains it lol having soo much opinions 😂 I bet you men wish we couldn't 🤣 we want hovers (vacuums) and lots of clothes lol

Edit: I'm joking and stereotyping 😂

Like my wife says. We men have selective deafness... It comes in handy sometimes. :sarcasm:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »
    🤣🤣 I'm a woman that explains it lol having soo much opinions 😂 I bet you men wish we couldn't 🤣 we want hovers (vacuums) and lots of clothes lol

Edit: I'm joking and stereotyping 😂

Like my wife says. We men have selective deafness... It comes in handy sometimes. :sarcasm:

I have a saying to, that men may be the head but the women is the neck and we can turn the head any way we want 🤣🤣 @Nikkei_Simmer
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    ...so my wife is fond of telling me...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ...so my wife is fond of telling me...

Because some men dont actually listen to us sometimes they agree with us without thinking 😂, we use that to our advantage lol @Nikkei_Simmer
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Walking back into this thread like...

tenor.gif

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Walking back into this thread like...

tenor.gif
    LOL I actually remember that episode of Community too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    So far the backlash for this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as Journey to Batuu was so I will be surprised if they address it. I mean, looking at the trailer for Journey to Batuu, it received 54k dislikes compared to 26k likes. The kits trailer seems much more balanced between 6.4k likes and 8.4k dislikes. This doesn't seem too different than most other releases as far as backlash is concerned.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited March 2021

Also who says you need to "call EA and ask for an analysis of their work". Like tell me, did I ever say that? You don't have to take words to such an extreme. It's not either black or white. What I am saying is that you can see how much work they put into the product just by looking at it. Just see what comes with the product and inform yourself on how much time and money this would cost a huge company like EA to make and whether or not paying 5$ for a copy of that work does reflect the amount of work put in it.

What you do is up to you but don't act like me saying that you can, if you want, judge a product's value by how much money, time and effort was put into it instead of using your individual perceived value, is something so crazy. It is argueably the way you we make our decision when buying other products. :smiley:

I get what you’re saying @SimmerGeorge. Believe me, I really do. We are speaking of two different ways to base a decision on before buying a product. We can take up 500 threads just talking about it. Or take over the entire forum. Indeed, I am a tad extreme. It’s in my nature.
    None of these ways of looking at it is right or wrong. Just two different ways. I looked both ways.
    In the end it doesn’t matter. You give your viewpoint, I give mine. It doesn’t have to be about whether we agree with each other or not, or who is wrong and who is not. It just is. At the end of the day we can only do what we think is best for us and move on. 👍🏼
  • Options
    Forgeron wrote: »
    @simmergeorge @nikkih Look, what I said wasn't meant to offend your kind heart, but I also explained that empathy isn't black or white, its an spectrum. Look, an example. If the Kits are $5 US Dollars, I would be paying $30 BR Reais, but if they lowered the US pricing to the fair price which would be around $3 US Dollars, I would have to pay around $17 BR Reais! It is still too much, honestly, but now I would have $13 BR Reais to use somewhere else... maybe I could even acummulate overtime to buy other packs.
    BUT, if everyone that has money didn't bother about other people and only their own amusement (which is somewhat a level lacking of empathy) then EA might never lower this pricetag... Also, they HARDLY put stuff packs on sales... Imagine the Kits?!

Edit.: Oh, its ok. I probably should've expressed myself better too. And, I'm glad your life improved in that way, and I hope many more do have that chance too.

Me too, knowing what's is like to be poor made me who I am, gave me a thicker skin, I also know that the real wealth is family and friends not money, that if I want something I have to earn it, I give to charities, just because I do well for myself now does not mean I've forgotten where I came from, I know this sounds crazy but I'm glad I started out poor, it made me not spoiled and it made me strong, we soldier on dont we @Forgeron
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If you all look at the Terms and conditions of buying any of the packs you will see a place to address those price complaints to. It might be a good idea to email them with your concerns. If many Simmers did this it might have some effect or using Twitter as none of us can help where we are born can we? I'd be interested in EA telling us why the differences in price have to be so myself, paying £4.99. We always have to pay more for things in the UK than the USA. <3

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/termsofsale/US/en/PC/#section12
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I like the idea of kits. Those "dislikers" probably forgot that the concept of kits is to allow us to pick what we want and ignore some kits. I don't think EA expects all of us to buy all kits. I picked none of them yet, but still like the concept. I see the haters as a negative side of our growing ego-community, where more and more individuals believe they are the center of the entire world, and that everything shall please them or not bother to be provided. They think they are so important that their voices count more than others. I would not be surprised if half the dislikes come from simmers who are done with TS4 and wait for TS5. By disliking everything TS4 they think they can push the process.

They would be happier ppl if they learned to allow for others to enjoy their stuff. I never understood why someone care to waste their energy on such negative behavior.

And I might be wrong.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EA definitely didn’t make kits for people to ignore them, that’s why they’re releasing them one at a time.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Also who says you need to "call EA and ask for an analysis of their work". Like tell me, did I ever say that? You don't have to take words to such an extreme. It's not either black or white. What I am saying is that you can see how much work they put into the product just by looking at it. Just see what comes with the product and inform yourself on how much time and money this would cost a huge company like EA to make and whether or not paying 5$ for a copy of that work does reflect the amount of work put in it.

What you do is up to you but don't act like me saying that you can, if you want, judge a product's value by how much money, time and effort was put into it instead of using your individual perceived value, is something so crazy. It is argueably the way you we make our decision when buying other products. :smiley:

I get what you’re saying @SimmerGeorge. Believe me, I really do. We are speaking of two different ways to base a decision on before buying a product. We can take up 500 threads just talking about it. Or take over the entire forum. Indeed, I am a tad extreme. It’s in my nature.
    None of these ways of looking at it is right or wrong. Just two different ways. I looked both ways.
    In the end it doesn’t matter. You give your viewpoint, I give mine. It doesn’t have to be about whether we agree with each other or not, or who is wrong and who is not. It just is. At the end of the day we can only do what we think is best for us and move on. 👍🏼

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Of course, again like I keep saying. It's not about enforcing your opinion onto someone else or trying to make them agree with you. It's about opinion and arguement exchange which is what we're doing at the end of the day.
    The reason why this thread was a back and forth is because I was expressing what I wanted to express yet the replies I kept getting were irrelevant to the thing I said so I thought my opinion was not made clear enough and I tried making it more clear until I got the idea it was understood.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I like the idea of kits. Those "dislikers" probably forgot that the concept of kits is to allow us to pick what we want and ignore some kits. I don't think EA expects all of us to buy all kits. I picked none of them yet, but still like the concept. I see the haters as a negative side of our growing ego-community, where more and more individuals believe they are the center of the entire world, and that everything shall please them or not bother to be provided. They think they are so important that their voices count more than others. I would not be surprised if half the dislikes come from simmers who are done with TS4 and wait for TS5. By disliking everything TS4 they think they can push the process.

They would be happier ppl if they learned to allow for others to enjoy their stuff. I never understood why someone care to waste their energy on such negative behavior.

And I might be wrong.

I’m one of the people that disliked the video. It only took a few seconds of my time. I have no particular interest in the Sims 5. Moreover, while I dislike certain aspects of Sims 4, I still enjoy it and play it often. I disliked the video, and have voiced my issues with kits on this forum, because I think the content itself is fine, but I disagree with the format that it’s being delivered in (a whole 4th line of DLC priced at $4.99 which contains the content of roughly one third of a stuff pack). I am perfectly happy in my life, and while I have issues with kits, I fully respect the right of others to disagree and buy and enjoy them. However, I truly do not understand why some people take such an issue with others expressing criticism of the Sims 4 (assuming it is done in a constructive manner).
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    So far the backlash for this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as Journey to Batuu was so I will be surprised if they address it. I mean, looking at the trailer for Journey to Batuu, it received 54k dislikes compared to 26k likes. The kits trailer seems much more balanced between 6.4k likes and 8.4k dislikes. This doesn't seem too different than most other releases as far as backlash is concerned.
    Yeah I didn't think it would be. Seems to be a 50/50 split with it. Even Gamechangers are having mixed feelings towards them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If you all look at the Terms and conditions of buying any of the packs you will see a place to address those price complaints to. It might be a good idea to email them with your concerns. If many Simmers did this it might have some effect or using Twitter as none of us can help where we are born can we? I'd be interested in EA telling us why the differences in price have to be so myself, paying £4.99. We always have to pay more for things in the UK than the USA. <3

IMO, the most effective way that would actually get through to EA would be to simply not purchase it. If you buy these packs, yet criticize their price on the forums, through email, social media, etc., it means nothing.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

IMO, the most effective way that would actually get through to EA would be to simply not purchase it. If you buy these packs, yet criticize their price on the forums, through email, social media, etc., it means nothing.

Much hope you can have of that I think.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Thats basically what I've been saying. Your money can speak for you more than your words on social media.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    So the new Harvest Moon (now Story of Seasons) game released in Japan. It had one of best-selling first weeks in the franchise's 25 year history. However, the game received very mixed reviews from fans, who were very vocal about what they did and didn't like. It was missing a lot of old features, some returning features were ruined, the new direction the game took was controversial at best, characters and dialogue were considered shallow, there were bugs, and loading screens went on too long.

It took less than a week, and the makers responded to the criticisms and apologized. They outlined the major criticisms fans had, both big and small, and are currently working to address them. A patch for the lag and bugs is coming mid-March, while more patches will come down the line.

This is insane to me. They didn't go "well, we're selling well, so the complainers must be wrong." They didn't justify bad decisions by saying how much money they made from it. They didn't just ignore their fans and let rage build until it became too big to be ignored.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    It took less than a week, and the makers responded to the criticisms and apologized. They outlined the major criticisms fans had, both big and small, and are currently working to address them. A patch for the lag and bugs is coming mid-March, while more patches will come down the line.

This is insane to me. They didn't go "well, we're selling well, so the complainers must be wrong." They didn't justify bad decisions by saying how much money they made from it. They didn't just ignore their fans and let rage build until it became too big to be ignored.

That's Japanese companies for you. I can immediately think of another example. In 2010 when Final Fantasy XIV was released, it sold okay-well but there was a huuuuge amount of backlash because of the negative reception the game got.
    Instead of making excuses, false promises, rudeness towards customers or rely on DLC to make the game better like EA did. Square Enix actually redeveloped the entire game, which took them almost 3 whole years, to make up for the bad reception.

This resulted in the new version of the game Final Fantasy XIV A realm reborn to be considered one of the best MMORPGs out there to this day, 6 years after release. It proves how listening and working hard can be incredibly beneficial for both the company and the customers.

It's a true success story. EA take notes.
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    I do think kits are a good idea but they still are a bit expensive and would be better priced at something like £3.99 in the UK. If I were Simmers I would have discretion in buying them as we might force the price down if we only really wanted one of them.

I expect in a year's time they will be selling bundles of kits or one free with a bigger bundle.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member

I expect in a year's time they will be selling bundles of kits or one free with a bigger bundle.

That would be great, but I don't see it coming. The vast majority of players still buys those packs and complains afterwards, but still buys the next kit because they hope they'll like it better. That's not a criticism, I think the reason is that there is still so much missing and players are always hungry for more content. I'm actually on the fence of buying two of these packs myself. If they were a bit cheaper, I'd have already bought them despite the bugs (Dust the Bust).

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    DLC doesn't sell as well as one might think. IIRC. When asked why thry don't update DLC with additional content, one of the Gurus said that only a fraction of people by the DLC, and that the smaller DLC has even less mass appeal.

I still think they're making bank on them because, come on. It's The Sims. But it's still an uphill battle.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    DLC doesn't sell as well as one might think. IIRC. When asked why thry don't update DLC with additional content, one of the Gurus said that only a fraction of people by the DLC, and that the smaller DLC has even less mass appeal.

I still think they're making bank on them because, come on. It's The Sims. But it's still an uphill battle.

Well the sims is rated t for teen, and a lot of games that teens play are free because teens usually don't have an income, so at least when it comes to younger people I believe that this is true.

And yes, smaller DLC don't seem to have a huge appeal, their kit trailer have pretty low views compared to their other trailers.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

You and @SimmerGeorge mentioned two games that were worked on and vastly improved due to customer backlash, but the devs worked to improve them because those games aren't the only one in their genre. EA isn't going to try to improve anything of TS4 (and I am starting to have a bad feeling that TS5 will not have any new and fresh ideas to advance the life simulation genre) because right now there is no competition.

All this will change when the competition completes and releases their games. I think EA knows that - and that's why they're trying to squeeze as much money out of the fanbase as they can right now with the new line of kit DLCs.

I personally don't have a problem with the kits themselves when I myself have almost everything from the Sims 3 Store. I didn't need most of the those things, but I love TS3 so much that I actually wanted to reward EA and Maxis for doing such a great job on the game and gave them more of my money through those purchases.

I do feel bad for those countries that are being charged more for the kits though. And for people who think the current prices for the kits are too expensive, I would say just wait for them to go on sale like I did for most of the items on the Sims 3 Store. Save your money in the meantime for the kits you want and forgo other luxuries.