Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features we all thinking about is coming to Generations

We all know we all want Generations after there are a lot of hints and stuff. So let me think about what we all want

The Sims 4 Generations
New radio stations - Geek rock
New careers - Daycare
New life states - Imaginary friends
New traits - Rebellious, nurturing
New objects - Costume chests, spiral stairs, see-saws, strolls, video cameras, walking canes, tree houses, champagne
New parties - High school graduation, teen house party, bachelor/bachelorette parties, slumber party
New features coming to update - R&B, cars, body hairs, memories, bunk beds, attractions, zodiac signs, favorites, turn off and ons

⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️
Retailers, this is my list of what I think I want for Generations for The Sims 4, you do not have to copy and paste it into the retail listing just like you did last year on 2019 when I talked about Island life/tropical vacation-themed EP coming to June 2019. Cause if you do, I'm about to get blamed by everybody else, OK?

Sorry about that simmers, what else y'all want for The Sims 4 Generations?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm hoping for a better family tree like Great-Grandparents, In-Laws, Step-Families, Great Aunts/Uncles, Second Cousins, Adopted Families & Foster Families.

I'm also hoping for a better Romantic Couples like Common-Law, Better Weddings, Honeymoons, Better Romantic Interactions,
    Sexy Sleepwears & the Heartshape Bed.

Furthermore, I'm hoping for Playable Grad School/High School, Graduations, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, Baby Showers & Retirement Parties.

Finally, I'm hoping for actual Middle-Agers 45-50 & Seniors 65-75.
    The adult ages that we have right now is only 18, 30 & 90. There's a 60 year gap that needs fixing.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2021
    I’m hoping for everything you said, I would like preteens too, as it feels like there’s a huge gap between kids that look like 6-8 years old and teens that look like 17–18 years old.

Also I’m hoping for active school but that might come in a GP later.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’m hoping for everything you said, I would like preteens too, as it feels like there’s a huge gap between kids that look like 6-8 years old and teens that look like 17–18 years old.

Also I’m hoping for active school but that might come in a GP later.

I agree. I would like pre-teens added to the game as well. It still bothers me that our teen sims don't actually look like teens at all. Sims 2 and Sims 3 teens were easy to tell apart from the other life stages.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think generations could come with a brand new format. Every sim depending on when he was born, belongs to a generation. Every generation has different traits: comformist, rebellious, consumerist, frugal, hardworking etc.
    I would also like the ability to get loans and a debt management system. Very good for family gameplay. Then I would like more aging options ( like sims faces gradually getting more and more wrinkles as well as midlife crises and growing pains).
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Dragons are my children. Let's get dragons.

Also they should give us more spall pets, since I don't see where else they can go outside of a Pets pack. But having pets and learning to take care of them is a big part of growing up. I've had a cat for most of my life, for example.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    These are all things that will probably end up coming separately.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • renamed250420211402renamed250420211402 Posts: 13 New Member
    cheerleading, more after school activities, and actual active hobbies like cheer, ballet, karate....as you can see i really want cheerleading
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Body hair, memories, attractions, favorites all of that should be in the base game, not an EP. That stuff is pretty core to people and shouldn't be locked away in a pack that's supposed to be expanding on life accomplishments.

Also, I've noted this before, but cars cannot work in TS4 in it's current state. There are too many lots that aren't even close to roads, notably those in Brindleton Bay and some on Windenberg, so a car object would be extremely out of place. There's also travel in general, which doesn't use transportation, you just disappear and reappear, which doesn't leave open any opportunity for a car unless you really want to bog down travel time by waiting on your Sim to get in a car before disappearing. Then there's arrival at the destination - what happens to the car? Is it in your inventory now?
    As it sits now, without a complete overhaul of every neighborhood in the game, cars are a no-go, and I don't see the Sims 4 team going through that much effort when the game is probably on it's last leg before TS5.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Body hair, memories, attractions, favorites all of that should be in the base game, not an EP. That stuff is pretty core to people and shouldn't be locked away in a pack that's supposed to be expanding on life accomplishments.

Also, I've noted this before, but cars cannot work in TS4 in it's current state. There are too many lots that aren't even close to roads, notably those in Brindleton Bay and some on Windenberg, so a car object would be extremely out of place. There's also travel in general, which doesn't use transportation, you just disappear and reappear, which doesn't leave open any opportunity for a car unless you really want to bog down travel time by waiting on your Sim to get in a car before disappearing. Then there's arrival at the destination - what happens to the car? Is it in your inventory now?
    As it sits now, without a complete overhaul of every neighborhood in the game, cars are a no-go, and I don't see the Sims 4 team going through that much effort when the game is probably on it's last leg before TS5.
    As I see these sentences in bold, if every simmers and me are not getting cars in The Sims 4, we will get upset and disappointment, but sweatheart, I want the disappointments to stop or else it's about to be on-going.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

In TS3 it was possible to have cars on lots that were not close to roads and sims just parked the car in their inventory until they got to the nearest road and were able to use them. I see no reason why TS4 sims could not do the same.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2021
    Body hair would be a must. Of course I've said that for werewolves too and we're no closer to that. I don't care what else is in the pack, just give us body hair. Patching it into base game would be even better honestly. Whatever else is coming, as long as the game finally gets body hair I'm content.

I feel like I'm setting the bar very low and too high at the same time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • pinkparkapinkparka Posts: 45 Member
    I want Prom for teenagers even if it's just a rabbit-hole event, and more after-school activities for kids and teens that tie into skill-building for scholarships, college admissions and job opportunities, but also just some for fun (like Student Government, cheerleading, sports teams, etc.) It would be cool if we could get the choice to send Sims to boarding school and have a college admissions advantage depending on what school you attended.

Slumber parties are a MUST, the "ask to sleepover" function is not enough. I want slumber birthday parties with sleeping bags, pillow fights, the whole 9-yards! In that same vein, teen parties while the parents are away, and proper bachelor/bachelorette parties!

I would also love to have something like the treehouses and costume chests from Sims 3 back, they were so cute for storytelling purposes. Especially the little interactions like how child sims could "preside over the royal court." There are tons of little interactions they could add, like a Woohoo talk between parents and children, allowances, greater familial recognition etc. that would make the game feel more integrated and in-depth. Also, I am BEGGING for more traits in general!
    tumblr_o9fscfKSXN1s3wumuo1_540.gif
    "But these aren’t just stories. They’re whole kingdoms. They’re worlds. They’re perspectives and opinions you can’t offer, from lives you haven’t lived.” -Melissa de la Cruz
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I feel like it's best to not expect too much, I can already see a lot of disappointment over ---- from Sims 3 generations not being included
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    - More playground equipment for kids
    - More games like playing tag between kids
    - Adding Canes and a few different walkstyles for elders
    - Adding Bikes for kids (and Toddlers)
    - Adding treehouses
    - A baby update with the introduction of more baby furniture, such as a playmat, changing table etc.
    - The addition of cars with the ability for teens and up to go out to learn to drive
    - Memories
    - Private schools for kids and teens
    - More Toddler toys/playground equipment
    - The ability to run a daycare either from home or from a public lot (like how the stores work now)
    - More hobbies for all lifestages. Like Sewing, Glass Blowing, Pottery etc.
    - Body hair
    - More family ties in CAS, like Grandfather/mother etc.
    - Strollers
    - Much more, but I highly doubt 1/3 of this list is going to be in it, since we're still talking about The Sims 4 (Expansion Packs), which have the depth of a puddle unfortunately.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would really love more aspirations for children because I am heartily sick of the same few over and over. And more things for children to do. They really ought to be able to garden or ride a bike. More interactions with other children would be nice too, actual interactions such as playing tag, rather than what we have now which is mostly using the same thing side by side but not actually acknowledging the presence of other sims. More like the parenthood projects and less like play with dolls house, if you see what I mean.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I want real babies to be updated in the game first before the pack. We should be able to put them on a couch, or a blanket, inside or outside the house, we should be able to carry them around, be able to nurse or bottle feed them on a couch, chair or rocking chair. we should also be able to take them off places when we take our sims. I also want children to be able to play games like tag with each other.in the base game.

Then in generations or a stuff pack ( maybe both) I would like lots of things for babies, furniture, changing table, some clutter like stacks of diapers, baby powder, baby wash, toys that we can place on dressers, tables etc., but can also be used to entertain babies ( rattles etc.), playmats, strollers, bouncy chair, hand held baby carrier that we can place places, big variety of blankets where we can lay babies on, we should be able to place blankets on the floor, sofa’s, a bed, outside on the grass, etc.

I also want to see more stuff for toddlers, trikes, push toys, a big ball to roll to others ( other toddlers and children through elder ). Stuffed animals, dolls, weeble type sets to play with, how about a play farm house ( I want a farming pack with animals too)? And some ride on toys, like a play car etc. I also want to see a swing for toddlers, one that would look nice in a park.

For children I want to see bikes, skate boards, and razors that they can ride around the neighborhood. Maybe even a skate park object we could place in parks too for them to do stunts. I’d like for them to be able to roller skate around the neighborhood too. I’d like to becable for them to have a baseball and mitt, to play catch with other children and also young adult through elder. I’d like to see dolls and stuffed animals children can play with and set on dressers, tables, and shelves. I’d like to see more playground equipment for them, seesaw, merry-go-round. Tether ball, etc.. I’d like to see 4 square, hopscotch, how about some colored chalk for them to write on sidewalks. I also want to see a volleyball game the whole family 2-8 people, be able to play together. How about some more board games for the whole family too. Would also like to see some clutter boxes of games to put on shelves dressers tables etc. there should be slumber parties too for children. Also how about some classes like ballet, tap dancing, karate etc. ( not rabbit hole ones..... more like yoga in spa day where they can practice at home, but also go off to a community lot for lessons, maybe a specialty lesson lot.

Teens should be be able to also skateboard. There should be more arcade games as well. There should be special slumber parties for teens as well, or sleep overs with sim activities for them to do like board games, with spin the bottle, truth or dare, and twister. They should also have lessons they can go to, a continuation of ballet, tap dancing, and Karate with some new classes added such as cheer leading, football, etc. it would be nice seeing them dressed it a football outfit complete with helmet and tossing the football around to each other. A clutter football for a dresser or shelf would be nice too. The same with baseball, a mitt and ball to play catch with others. Proms, and other school dances would be nice. How about a specialty community lot for teens? Kind of like their own dance club with only teens there, they could use a special variation of the dance floor from get together, or if you owned get together it could be used as an adjunct. Also since we have pools, how about teen swim teams and/or water pollo? And of course some teen clothes....

Elders have also been quite left out. How about some canes and walkers for some of them. Some shuffle board or croquet, or a bingo hall, and a recreation center just for elders ( like the teen center mentioned, but for elders ), where they can play card games, and pool..... we still need to pool table back. Maybe they could even have lunch at the rec. center, since most senior centers do offer a lunch.

A few other multigenerational items, volleyball, sewing machine, lawn mower.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Vehicles in Generations, Please
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Vehicles in Generations, Please
    I hope there will be a base vehicle and garage added to the base game do that we can get stuff packs and game packs built around vehicles, just like we get stuff for toddlers. They could add extra things to vehicles through packs, student driving, romance, packs with different types of vehicles... stuff like that, a car wash, a mechanic career....
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Slow Dancing.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    More family stuff like family game night like playing myshuno in the sims 2.
    Or sit at the table and play a card game or board game.
    I want more wedding attire and gameplay also more emotions when it comes to weddings and proposal i would like a surprise proposal with people if around react to both a normal and surprise proposal. I would also like Sims to react to the wedding once the ceremony is over like they did in previous games we get more reaction with them cutting the cake then the actual ceremony that is ridiculous. Also more romantic proposal destinations please. And more variations of wedding rings with wedding band.
    Preteens
    Teens get an actual hangout spot instead of it being a trait.
    A baby shower party.
    Family reunion party.
    Family photo.
    Elders have canes or walkers.
    Toddlers have strollers.
    Anniversary party.
    I want wills back like in the Sims 2 when a sim passed the kids get the money but I want the player to decide who gets what.
    Family vacation.
    Divorces player decided who gets what and who takes the kids if any also child support.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Wow this one is a tricky one as there are so many things i would personally love to see. I don't want to see any new life stages like pre teens. I think right now the existing life stages need fleshing out, specifically babies, toddlers, teens and elders.
    I would love to have the option to carry the baby around the house and get bottles from the fridge. Also a changing station so you can change their diaper.
    I would like to see strollers for babies and toddlers along with those play pens (I think that's what they are called) similar to what came with the Sims 3 store world Arora skies.
    Kids could be taught to ride a bike.
    Would be cool to see teens go to prom and also learn to drive like the Sims 3 generations depending on whether or not they add cars.
    With elders I would love them to add inheritance and funerals also wills that let you leave things or property to others (they could add the ability for households to actually purchase additional lots)
    And just more love events like funerals, baby showers, stag and hen parties (bachelor and bachelorette parties), sweet 16 parties along with 21st birthday parties or something similar when you first become a young adult. Sleepovers with sleeping bags, teens sneaking out.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I meant life not love in my last post. Also would be nice to see weddings get fleshed out with more to do and also wedding dresses, veils and suits.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I hope that the final image of Attack the Titan manga will come together with babies update...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What I'd want from Generations... that I would never get because animations are hard

Freed babies patched in with basics feed bathe in sink a few interactions for each life stage to interact with them and objects to go along with them like a changing table crib and playmat
    - Improved babies teach them as they are now a real Sim who can learn to move be it roll around play with toys like rattles learn to crawl
    - Strollers so they can be a part of the family even on a community lot

Toddlers
    - Ride tricycle
    - Play together option for two or more toddlers
    - More toddler specific toys

Kids
    - Jump on bed
    - Tree Houses
    - Play tag and marco polo in the pool
    - Bikes including ride together feature
    - Skate boarding kids and up with the option to add a skate park

Preteens
    - Huge age gap filler they should be the perfect mix of teen and child but with a lot of unique content to them as they leave childhood but are not fully grown adult teens that can do everything first crushes horrible taste in music and television and movies

Teens
    - Learn to drive
    - Prom though if a high school pack comes must be upgraded to not be a rabbit hole
    - Body hair teen and older

Adults
    - Midlife crises though I'd like it to be optional maybe a pop up message so all Sims don't get it with whims

Elders
    - Canes
    - Walk styles that are a little slower and show the damage time has done
    - More variety in aging masks and wrinkles
    - Age spots

- Memories not like Sims 3 like Sims 2
    - Whims overhaul with unique whims for each life stage like a Sim going through a midlife crises would want to buy a sports car
    - Improved family tree including cousins and so on
    - Family photo option with up to 8 Sims and a decent selection of poses like Moschino
    - Grave yards Generations needs to be from cradle to grave
    - Slow dancing and improved weddings
    - Pool slide

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I think generations could come with a brand new format. Every sim depending on when he was born, belongs to a generation. Every generation has different traits: comformist, rebellious, consumerist, frugal, hardworking etc.
    I would also like the ability to get loans and a debt management system. Very good for family gameplay. Then I would like more aging options ( like sims faces gradually getting more and more wrinkles as well as midlife crises and growing pains).

Whoa. This could actually be what the new CAS trait slot is all about.