Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Having Trouble With The Money Tree feature?

I really see why simmers are constantly asking for fixes in the game before new stuff is added. In fact, I thought this last patch would finally address my complaints regarding the Money Tree feature not working properly in the game. From what I can tell, it has never worked in my Sims 4 game. Btw, I have no mods, etc.

Has anyone else had trouble with the money trees planted in their games as well?

Forex. as soon as they bloom and look ready to harvest. My sim never gets the option to harvest or sell anything. It just says options like research, take a sample, etc. Of course, if my Sim does the latter, the leaves just disappear and nothing happens. Also, when I try to sell the whole tree as some sim player once suggested on the EA forum, It just says $0 as it's value.

I have made many complaints to EA about this on their help page, but I guess they have no plans to ever fix this or address it. It's frustrating because your Sims works hard to cultivate the tree and then, nothing. I also heard some others on the EA help forum with same or similar problem, but I guess they are being ignored too, lol.
Always be your unapologetically and authentic self

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @MsKatieRose the only time I had a problem was when I bought the money tree instead of the money tree SEED in build/buy. Other than that I've always gotten money.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The money tree is currently notorious for returning to the planted stage. Harvest from it while you can!
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    The money tree is currently notorious for returning to the planted stage. Harvest from it while you can!

That's just it. My my sim's money tree never does go back a planted stage. Instead, it stays looking very bloomed. But when I try to click on it to harvest it, it never comes up. All other options but that one, lol. Even if I play that one sim for some time.

I'm hearing that it's a bug from some other players but I'm just surprised that it hasn't been fixed yet.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    @MsKatieRose the only time I had a problem was when I bought the money tree instead of the money tree SEED in build/buy. Other than that I've always gotten money.

Well, I've tried both approaches. Yet the same result. Go figure.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I have a farm on the gallery with harvestable money trees, you could try download it and see if the trees work in your game.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AF467AB75DA411EB8792E9C4FF33B4DD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=crocobaura&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I have a farm on the gallery with harvestable money trees, you could try download it and see if the trees work in your game.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AF467AB75DA411EB8792E9C4FF33B4DD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=crocobaura&max=50&maxis=false

Ok, I'll try that. Very nice build, btw. What world is that in?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

It's in Glimmerbrook. Glad you like it. :smile:
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Yes I have noticed this - I think part of the problem is the messed up gardening - try putting it in a green house
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    verlainem wrote: »
    Yes I have noticed this - I think part of the problem is the messed up gardening - try putting it in a green house

Was this the only solution that worked for you? Either way, I hope they fix this problem because it shouldn't be this complicated, lol.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Afaik, you can't ever harvest from money trees. You only get the option to sell from them. I have grown a money tree in the last week or two and haven't had any trouble with it, so they do seem to be working.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    The one I have in my current save is doing just fine as far as I can tell. Haven't harvested from it (though did have the option in the dialogue for some reason), just sold the fruit with no issue. The tree was grown from the aspiration store seed and it's in a solo plant pot. I have read it may not work if it's planted in one of the square planters, but have no personal experience of that.

Is yours planted in a square planter? If so, try moving it to the ground or a small round planter instead.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Are you only having trouble with your money tree, or are other plants affected as well? My money tree is also growing in Glimmerbrook and it's been working fine. I bought mine from the rewards store and planted outdoors, directly in the ground, if that makes a difference.
    Another thing you could try, if the tree looks ready to harvest but you're not getting an option to harvest, is to try placing the tree in the household inventory. I did that trick a couple of times so I can get more fruits to plant and also some to 'gift' to another household.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2021
    I find if i get a seed from buydebug in build it never works but if i get any with satisfaction points they work fine

Also if i splice a money tree shoot to another tree i can then harvest the money seeds from the spliced tree and plant those or give them to my other sims to plant
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Afaik, you can't ever harvest from money trees. You only get the option to sell from them. I have grown a money tree in the last week or two and haven't had any trouble with it, so they do seem to be working.

That's what I mean. I don't get that option either. Again, I have seen the same complaints on the EA help board. Good it's works in your game. But it's a feature never worked in mine since I've had the game now.
  • Options
    Ceridwen wrote: »
    The one I have in my current save is doing just fine as far as I can tell. Haven't harvested from it (though did have the option in the dialogue for some reason), just sold the fruit with no issue. The tree was grown from the aspiration store seed and it's in a solo plant pot. I have read it may not work if it's planted in one of the square planters, but have no personal experience of that.

Is yours planted in a square planter? If so, try moving it to the ground or a small round planter instead.

Yes, they are planted in a square planters. I will see if it makes a difference. Thanks
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Ceridwen wrote: »

Yes, they are planted in a square planters. I will see if it makes a difference. Thanks

Happy to help (if it helps!). :) If it does work, let us know. Seems a bit daft to me if the planter makes a difference; Maxis should probably address that if it's a thing.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

It's in Glimmerbrook. Glad you like it. :smile:

Btw, I was finally able to harvest money from the trees in your build along with some others I didn't even know about all this time. I've been planting mostly orchids all this time for profit, lol. Haven't tried placing the trees in another lot yet. But either way, thanks. Oh and what a profitable, interesting, garden and production station (along with the fizz equipment) you have on that lot! :)
  • Options
    SimGamer2021SimGamer2021 Posts: 11 New Member
    I didn't even know there was a money tree! Off to investigate!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have resorted to grafting money tree sprout onto other trees. I can't put the tree in the inventory like I used to, I did the first time and I got nothing.?? So now insteading of waiting forever for it to fruit, I choose to gain wealth this way. I have a mod that increases the amount of harvestables a plant can produce so now I get anywhere from 3-5 seeds every harvest. Better than just looking at a barren tree. :D

Edit to say, I meant increases harvestables to 8-10 per plant.
    Post edited by bshag4lv on
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    @MsKatieRose I have been having the same problem. I think I found a workaround for you. As soon as the moneytree reaches full size, have a sim on the lot go to another lot, like the house next door, then have them return home. The next day at 6:00 am, the tree should be working...in my game, once I get it to start working, it continues to work everyday after that. If you want extra money tree seeds but dont want to use up aspiration points to get them, put the tree in the household inventory. the moneyfruit will come off of the tree in the inventory. Then put your tree back out where you want it.