Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deathfish are added randomly everyday

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I know it looks like a bug but I don't know why it's happening. It has been about 11 years since I started playing the sims 3. This is first time I get this bug. Although the deathfish comes with all perfect qualities. :D So I have 3 sims in a house. One is Rubisel and the 2nd one is Teodore from Isla Paradiso, and the 3rd one is Clifford Moore in Roaring Heights. Deathfish comes into only Teodore's inventory, not everyone else. Is there anyone knows why it's happening? It's winter time and all the ponds have been frozen, so there's no way to get deathfish but Teodore get 2-3 deathfish everyday. So I had 10 deathfishes in the treasure chest but got 17 deathfish in total, and now he got 4 more deathfish in his inventory, now it's total 21. One vampire fish came as addition. Teodore is a high school teacher. Teodore doesn't have kleptomania trait.

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Death sends his regards, lol.

Anyway, have you tried hard resetting Teodore through Master controller?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited March 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    Death sends his regards, lol.

Anyway, have you tried hard resetting Teodore through Master controller?

LOL...! No The only thing he has done is he asked Rubisel to marry him and now Rubisel's surname has changed to Medina.
    But I sent Palmira and Rubisel's son, Rodrigo to Le Fromage art school. Before they left home for the boarding school, all family used to catch deathfish for a couple of days, and then, they went to boarding school, and then winter came. There's no deathfish spawning in Roaring Heights, so I created a pond in additional home lot and placed 4 deathfish spawners. After a few days since they went for boarding school, Teodor started getting deathfish in his inventory.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    If Death really wanted to send his regards @izecson, he would have sent Teodor death-flowers. That would have actually meant something :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited March 2021
    If Death really wanted to send his regards @izecson, he would have sent Teodor death-flowers. That would have actually meant something :mrgreen:

Oh no...because Death doesn't own any deathflowers. He has to get one from other ghost sim first before sending that to my sim. :D
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Well unless they disappear in his possession. Then with how many sims kick the bucket he should have a bunch by now. 😆 :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've heard of fish reproducing in fish tanks, but not in chests or inventories. That's weird.

Turn on BuyDebug and see if you have a random deathfish spawner on your lot?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Well unless they disappear in his possession. Then with how many sims kick the bucket he should have a bunch by now. 😆 :mrgreen:

no no..because it's for resurrection of the sims. Many sims had to kick the bucket because they didn't own any deathflosers. :D So that's why Death doesn't own any deathfloser I guess.

@KevinL5275
    Although there would be deathfish spawner, he won't be able to get them in inventory unless he fishes during midnight and it's Winter time. All ponds have been frozen over a week. Like I mentioned above, I purchased additional home lot, after that, created a pond on it, and placed 4 deathfish spawner as there's NO premade pond for deathfish in Roaring Heights. It was the only way to reach the top level of scuba diver self employed career as there's no scuba diving area either. I know it's so weird :D

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I have the wishing well indoors to defeat winter weather. My sims catch death fish in the wishing well. Not all are perfect.

I think sims need a high level of fishing skill to catch death fish in the wild but that doesn’t seem to apply to the wishing well.

I have no idea why they are appearing in your sims inventory. When I find death fish in my sims inventory I assume the got it from the wishing well. I’ve got heaps of screen shots over the years to show sims catching death fish in the wishing well.