Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yay bunk beds are coming

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I hope they also come up with Toddler Bunkbeds. They will come in handy for my sims twins. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I never really cared about the whole bunk bed situation but now they're coming I am excited for them.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I know others have mentioned it, but I'm also hoping for Loft Bed options, where you can slot something underneath, like a desk, or a chair and side table, or a loveseat, or even a toy chest.

I know there are CC ones out there, but I can still hope for official ones. :)
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I know others have mentioned it, but I'm also hoping for Loft Bed options, where you can slot something underneath, like a desk, or a chair and side table, or a loveseat, or even a toy chest.

YES! That's what I'd really like. I think there was one in Sims 3? You could put a desk under it or I think even a door to another room? That would be awesome.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

YES! That's what I'd really like. I think there was one in Sims 3? You could put a desk under it or I think even a door to another room? That would be awesome.

Would be fun if sims in the top bunk would hit their heads on the ceiling every once in a while.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Bunk beds are sorely needed for those that build those tiny homes or starter homes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I hope they also come up with Toddler Bunkbeds. They will come in handy for my sims twins. ;)
    The last Livestream just showed bunkbeds and that they to be released late March. They didn't say what age group that the bunkbeds are for. Just that they are confirmed to be returning to the game and when.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they would good for sleep overs if our sims ever get them
    I hope if thats a thing they make it an event
    also they would be good for jail as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    What do you mean by if? Bunkbeds are confirmed to be returning, they were confirmed in The Sims 21 anniversary Livestream. If you haven't watched the Livestream, the bunkbeds are seen in the One More Thing segment, which was at the very end of the Livestream.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    What do you mean by if? Bunkbeds are confirmed to be returning, they were confirmed in The Sims 21 anniversary Livestream. If you haven't watched the Livestream, the bunkbeds are seen in the One More Thing segment, which was at the very end of the Livestream.

oh I mean sleepovers if they ever get sleep overs :)@sunman502
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    @comicsforlife you can do sleepovers with the club system from Get Together.
    @comicsforlife you can do sleepovers with the club system from Get Together.

yes I know but it would be nice if it were an event like toddler play date @elanorbreton
    but ether way the bunk bed should help with that
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I guess this is where I say...
    tumblr_inline_mka0v0XRri1qz4rgp.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I never really cared about the whole bunk bed situation but now they're coming I am excited for them.

Same here. Wasn't a big deal to me, but will be a good addition for sure :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I still don't care much either way for Bunk Beds.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member

That's what I'm thinking about. I use manage household to move in my sim kid's friends for a sleepover or weekend stay.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm definitely going to make a retro summer camp build in Granite Falls with them after the update!

By the way, it looks like the bunkbed in the teaser is very similar in shape to a bed from Parenthood:

N70EEyJ.jpg

But you'd think we'd at least get 2 different meshes in the patch.

I think they're gonna add one bunk bed with the patch, and then other swatches will be with Generations same as with Eco Lifestyle and ladders
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited March 2021
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

Although I appreciate that modders created functional bunkbeds for those who wanted them, personally I was never a fan of the CC because the animation didn’t seem to be properly implemented nor of a high standard.

Therefore I believe it’s great that bunkbeds will officially be a added to base game. Both for those on console who’s system doesn’t support cc, and those who appreciate content produced at a professional level. Better late than never.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There will be one or two Bunk-beds in Base-Game, just like there's only one ladder in base-game. That way nobody can say that you HAVE to buy a specific pack to have bunk-beds. But the number of beds will still be limited.

Still, it's obvious that they'll be using old single-bed meshes to save time. Which I don't entirely blame them, and the programming did require work, but now that the programming IS done, it would have been nice to get a lot of bunk-beds at once and not have them classed as new beds.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I am excited for this, although I have been using cc bunk beds for a while now. Having a Maxis version will be awesome.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

Don't care for CC bunkbeds.
    Loanet wrote: »
    There will be one or two Bunk-beds in Base-Game, just like there's only one ladder in base-game. That way nobody can say that you HAVE to buy a specific pack to have bunk-beds. But the number of beds will still be limited.

Still, it's obvious that they'll be using old single-bed meshes to save time. Which I don't entirely blame them, and the programming did require work, but now that the programming IS done, it would have been nice to get a lot of bunk-beds at once and not have them classed as new beds.

One foot in front of the other. Let's see what this bunkbed is like first and if EA sees a positive response, they can do more of the same down the road, assuming they are interested enough to bring a bit of quality with it.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    I'm excited for bunk beds, I used them a lot in 3. but its a pity we didn't get them In February as the gift from Maxis to go with the gifts from the CC creators for the 21st
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    bunk beds are coming for free in an update in march
    I'm sure I will get lots of use out of them as my sims always have a full house :)

Wonder how much they will over charge us for that pack.
    bunk beds are coming for free in an update in march
    I'm sure I will get lots of use out of them as my sims always have a full house :)

Wonder how much they will over charge us for that pack.

I don't understand what you mean the bunk beds are free @catmando830