Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many kits do you think they’ll release on a yearly basis?

Comments

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Kits actually get their own page on the main menu separately from packs. They're definitely planning on a lot of kits.

WWJYzQd.jpg

Wait how did you get the UI to show up?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    3-4 kits per year
    Kits actually get their own page on the main menu separately from packs. They're definitely planning on a lot of kits.

WWJYzQd.jpg

This is good as it will mean we won't have anymore dry months of no packs.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    9-10 kits per year

WWJYzQd.jpg

I agree @catloverplayer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    More than 50 kits per year
    I'm gonna play the cynical. These kits look big, but the rest of the kits are gonna be tiny.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    9-10 kits per year
    Actually, I should have picked 11-15.... since they are coming out in 3’s I think there will be 3 per quarter or 12 per year. But I hope there are more.
    They can release more things for pets now. I mean, they'll work exactly the same but they'll look different. It'll be like My First Pet. But they'll get away with it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2021
    5-6 kits per year
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm gonna play the cynical. These kits look big, but the rest of the kits are gonna be tiny.

Turning them into microtransactions huh? I hope that will not be the case.
    Maybe three kits every three months.

Right now it looks like they'll be chopping Stuff Packs up into their 'CAS/Item/Gameplay' parts, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to pick the clothes you want.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    3-4 kits per year
    They can release more things for pets now. I mean, they'll work exactly the same but they'll look different. It'll be like My First Pet. But they'll get away with it.

Yes birds and reptiles.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Maybe they will do game kits as well. Three pieces of content which when put together they form an expansion. For example: 1st kit-teen gameplay 2nd kit-growing pains 3rd kit-babies and children related stuff. All of these together form a generations expansion, but you can skip one if you dont like the theme. Wouldnt that be cool?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I am going to guess one to two a month. They could do three a month since they are debuting with three, but considering the normal development seems fairly time consuming I feel a conservative estimate is best. Who knows, though. They may bulk up and start a Sims 3 store style effort.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    11-15 kits per year

WWJYzQd.jpg

I really hope you are right.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    My guess is that they'll release like these first few - one with gameplay, one with BB and one with CAS at the same time. And I'm currently guessing three times a year, in the gaps between other pack release.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    9-10 kits per year
    I'm hoping for about one a month but no clue really. It makes sense to me though for excitement purposes to always have something around the corner to look forward too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    3-4 kits per year
    I think Kits will be like stuff pack releases....but I don't think they will be as often or as many. I think they will bring one out in between GPs and EPs. Which would equal out to about three or four a year.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I think Kits will be like stuff pack releases....but I don't think they will be as often or as many. I think they will bring one out in between GPs and EPs. Which would equal out to about three or four a year.

They already said that kits will be more often than packs.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    3-4 kits per year
    @Cinebar wrote: »

They already said that kits will be more often than packs.

So a cash cow every month?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    9-10 kits per year
    logion wrote: »

Turning them into microtransactions huh? I hope that will not be the case.

That may not be true, that the packs will get worse later, look how the stuff packs have changed for the better since the beginning.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    A kit per month. 😉
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    I suspect it'll average out to a kit a month. Maybe they'll release them all in one month so three kits each quarter year, or this being the first maybe they had to roll them out that way, and we'll get them monthly that way.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    5-6 kits per year
    In the livestream, they mentioned that kits won't necessarily come out in threes in the future. So they may be released just one at a time from now on.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2021
    Less (1 or 2 kits) because
    • The studio is still "small", the time allocated for the Kit development is very limited.
    • 1 kit at a time
    • Kits fill these gaps (only if it's necessary) :
      • February/March/April/May
      • July/August/September/October

Instead of 3-4 Stuff Packs like from 2015 to 2017, it should be 2 Stuff Packs and 1 or 2 Kits.

wi1d8q5yywui.png

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    11-15 kits per year
    If they are like the 3 first kits, I think 3 each 2 months (a wave each 2 months)
    CAS
    Gameplay
    Buy/Build (I hope next wave this type be all build)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @leo3487 wrote: »
    If they are like the 3 first kits, I think 3 each 2 months (a wave each 2 months)
    CAS
    Gameplay
    Buy/Build (I hope next wave this type be all build)

Nope