Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of the upcoming kits are you most excited for?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    Also the kitchen.

I have to admit that I was aghast when people first started talking about having laundry and hoovering and ironing in their games (still not sure about ironing lol), but my current game has an orphanage where the evil owner treats the oldest teen like Cinderella. She really needs that hoover! It will also make a change for my neat sims to have something to do around the house other than watching tv or playing on the computer.

I just hope it will be well executed with an option for turning on/off, such as a lot trait or object placement which triggers it. I do not want dust and grime taking over every single household!

You could set yourself a real challenge - choose your lot traits as dusty/dirty, gremlins and haunted! Oh what fun :D:D:D
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Bust the Dust
    • This doesn't really appeal to me. I didn't like laundry, so I know I'm not going to like cleaning either. I do wonder if this kit will have toggles though, perhaps dust doesn't form unless you place down a vacuum cleaner? I don't know, but cleaning is just one of those things for me that's not fun in real life or in game.

Country Kitchen
    • This is more my thing. I've always felt like kitchens were lacking in the Sims 4 so this would be a welcome addition. The kitchen counters and cabinets look really good, and it appears as though they will have some colourful swatches which is something I always like. The appliances look nice too, slightly old-timey in appearance but not overly stylised to the point where it's not versatile. I also love the semi recessed basin, but it makes me wish we had a version with modern looking faucets. If only we could have this kind of basin and slot it into whatever counter we wanted.

Throwback Fit
    • Okay I'm actually in love with this, I swear it's the CAS stuff that always gets me. I love that it's so bright and colourful, and those retro print sweatpants with matching jacket are just... *chefs kiss*. This is definitely my kind of CAS fashion, it's just a shame that it's only athletic stuff because I certainly wouldn't mind some other CAS items with that sweet retro print.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    There's an aspiration? Now I'm even more intrigued :joy: The dust bunnies seem cute and fun and when angry a bit spooky. I want to know more about them!

My first thought was that I don't want to hoover in game, but now I actually do. The same happened with laundry. I laughed at it first and now I actually like having it for some of my families. I hope we can choose which families have to worry about hoovering.

My sims already clean a lot, but some of them (especially neat ones) might want to clean more... and the dust bunnies might also help some to clean less :lol:
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    FIrst one is a HARD no. I can't even begin to understand why anyone would want that to begin with.
    Second one is a Medium no. I am not into the country style; I love the Mid Century and Industrial wibes.
    Third one is... a Soft no. It's retro, but not retro enough. If it had been an 80s workout kit then yes. Now? No, they just look like colorful tents.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Country Kitchen Kit
    Not sure I like any of these ideas. I wouldn't mind a farming kit with barns, tractors, animals or a hotel kit with reception desk and hotel staff though! <3

Maybe these kits are to be made by CC makers?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    Only the vacuuming. For one, I wanted more chores and for two, these dust bunnies will go great with the Happy Haunts from paranormal.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Country Kitchen Kit
    I don't care for them but that kitchen set is gorgeous. Easily the nicest kitchen set in game.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ‎none
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Country Kitchen Kit
    Country Kitchen for sure. I'm hoping for more sets like this, I would LOVE something inspired by the Bayside sets from Sims 3 to show up eventually. I'd buy every set! But this also looks great, will be great if/when we get farming

As much as I'm wanting retro things, if it's all CAS I may not be as interested - I want retro build/buy. That said I'll still probably buy that too.

The dusting one is likely a no for me. I hate vacuuming in real life (it's my second least favorite chore after mowing the lawn), I don't want to extend it into something that's for fun. Even the dust bunnies look really cute.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    Bust the Dust Kit
    I love making my sims do hard domestic work and I love trash so why not 🧡
    And for rich sims I bet that butler wont be standing round no more 😈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Country Kitchen Kit
    I like the country kitchen most, especially the retro appliances and cannisters. I wish they would start adding matching dishwashers to the appliance sets. I need to know more about the dusting and how it works, my sims aren't particularly big on cleaning, and does it come with a cleaning skill? The fitness clothing looks OK but my sims are mostly couch potatoes so they could lounge around in it.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Throwback Fit Kit
    I do wonder if this kit will have toggles though, perhaps dust doesn't form unless you place down a vacuum cleaner?

You can toggle it in the options menu!

toyvjC0.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Country Kitchen Kit
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I do wonder if this kit will have toggles though, perhaps dust doesn't form unless you place down a vacuum cleaner?

Does that mean we'll get the dust bunnies whether we get the dusting kit or not?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Throwback Fit Kit
    crocobaura wrote: »

Does that mean we'll get the dust bunnies whether we get the dusting kit or not?

Nope. The entire dust system will require the dust kit. No dust at all if you don’t have the kit.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    Something different.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2021
    🟩 All Of The Above

I can’t choose, so I will more than likely get all three. All at once, slowly over time, 🤷🏼‍♀️ who knows?
    Country Kitchen Kit
    crocobaura wrote: »

Nope. The entire dust system will require the dust kit. No dust at all if you don’t have the kit.

Where did you get that image with the toggle button? is it on the official site?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    I like all three, but the first one is my favorite followed by the Country Kitchen then the throwback workout attire. Probably the first time I can see how all three will fit nicely into my gameplay. I haven't heard anything about these kits so does anyone have an idea of when we can expect to see them?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    None.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    I wonder if the dust will accumulate if my played household visits another played household's lot.

I kinda hoped it would work like Laundry Day, but having to toggle it on and off from the settings is quite okay too. I guess I could play like that.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Throwback Fit Kit
    I’m worried about this:

“If disabled, dust-related effects will no longer be present on played households.”

What if I only want dust-related effects on my active household and not on my other played households?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't really care enough about any of these to spring for them. Knowing the community, the vacuuming kit will probably sell like hotcakes. Whether it's knitting, doing laundry, or now sweeping, simmers do love the mundane. It isn't something that I personally understand, but I play flight simulators, which many of them no doubt would find boring, and likely wouldn't understand why I enjoy them. Make your own fun, I suppose.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Where's the option for None? Lol
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Bust the Dust Kit
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I don't really care enough about any of these to spring for them. Knowing the community, the vacuuming kit will probably sell like hotcakes. Whether it's knitting, doing laundry, or now sweeping, simmers do love the mundane. It isn't something that I personally understand, but I play flight simulators, which many of them no doubt would find boring, and likely wouldn't understand why I enjoy them. Make your own fun, I suppose.
    Awww... flight simulators! My hubby would gladly be playing those whilst I am busy making my simmies hoover :D:D:D