Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beginning With Legacies - New Reading Circle

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Caught up with Case and family’s “Another Legacy”.
    Started a couple of the others. Commenting on the blogs. Apologies if I miss a reply here or there. :|

My own game gave me some minor grief today. Lost some progress which included Kylie’s birthday. I use MCCC as an auto save but something seems to have gone a little wrong. :'( Then Origin took forever doing a repair game (I clear cache and repair regularly as a matter of maintenance). Chores to do tomorrow, but may get back on the proverbial horse in the afternoon.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Caught up with Case and family’s “Another Legacy”.
    Started a couple of the others. Commenting on the blogs. Apologies if I miss a reply here or there. :|

My own game gave me some minor grief today. Lost some progress which included Kylie’s birthday. I use MCCC as an auto save but something seems to have gone a little wrong. :'( Then Origin took forever doing a repair game (I clear cache and repair regularly as a matter of maintenance). Chores to do tomorrow, but may get back on the proverbial horse in the afternoon.

Will be starting yours in my next batch. Excited to be reading all the ones in this Circle. I'll probably comment here, but might comment on website as well. I do that with some. I comment on the website and forums.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    going to update noel today, can't read cause rain made the room dark. but hopefully soon.
    edited March 2021
    Chapter Five and Chapter Six are out.
    Brings me up to near current gameplay.
  • CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Chapter Five and Chapter Six are out.
    Brings me up to near current gameplay.

Woo! I better catch up. My gameplay is already at child #2, but storywise she's not even married. ahem... So I'm playing some other families in the meantime.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    Okay. Contrary to my initial expectations, Kylie has been accepted into a number of distinguished degrees.
    Specifically communications, culinary arts, drama, history, economics, psychology and villainy.

Probably ruling villainy and psychology out, possibly even economics too so that she studies at Britechester rather than Foxbury.
    She's not really the drama type either. Not forgetting she is non-committal, which of the remaining three should be her major? Communications, Culinary arts or History?
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    @NRowe
    I feel like culinary arts would be the most helpful, and the easiest to work at since Kylie already has to cook. She could get a job in the culinary career, and it will improve her skills for home cooking. It would also mean that if she doesn't want to stick at a career, her degree can still help her at home. Kylie also seemed to be attempting some cooking in chapter 6.

I feel like a history degree would only be helpful in one direction in her life, and with her being non-committal, I'm not sure how she'll handle that and I don't know how helpful it'll be if she can't handle it.

Communications offers a broader range of options ahead, but again I'm not sure how helpful it will be if she doesn't want a career or if she keeps quitting etc.

Overall, I would put culinary arts first, communications second, and history third. However, it's your choice and I'm sure the story will be interesting and exciting whatever you choose :smile:
    Cheers @JamesSims528
    I think culinary will work pretty good too. Have taken a part time job as a Barista to start. Then thinking that somewhere pretty quickly down the line she may become a Critic.

However I need some Help with another issue
    i'm going to play and write. promised cathtea shed see a chapter with elsa and ayden today . but if the sun is still up when i'm done i'll read. cause unforunately my mod issues slowed me down.
    @NRowe

Though I do think Psychology leads to education? Or is that history? I don't remember it's been awhile since I looked as all the distinguished careers.
    But I would agree with @JamesSims528 since it seems like she was leaning towards that. Though I think Culinary arts limits you to chef or critic, so if she wants more variety you might want to consider the others.
    Though in my experience, I had more trouble getting through culinary arts with a sim who was maxed out in cooking and gourmet cooking than I did with a sim with less experience. But if she's still leveling you should be fine. But I will also add that culinary leaves more room for you to work/go to school after you get past level 2 with the 9-5 jobs. She probably won't be happy, but you won't have to worry about the bills not getting paid either.

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    its dark now but got some reading done
    going to read. like yesterday starting with the one i never read. i'm also going to play cause i want to catc up my story before the end of march when bunkbeds come out.
    started deafsimmers story. i'm going to play and write now. and read play and write this weekened. for me thats saturday through monday.
  • Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    Got caught up with Beatrice @JamesSims528
    And omgggg I was not prepared! 😭
    Got caught up with Beatrice @JamesSims528
    And omgggg I was not prepared! 😭

There'll be a new chapter soon, hopefully by Monday.
    It took me by surprise too. Sadly, that's what seems to happen a lot in legacies, though it was a bit early. Hopefully this sort of thing won't happen again 😬
    Today I plan on getting caught up with Another Legacy and Plain Ol' Legacy or at least put a dent in them. Been busy the past few days so I've barely had time to write let alone do anything else. But I've got two chapters scheduled for today, so we're making progress.

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    Still reading. Though Thornes and Roses will slow down. We’re out the other side of this particular lockdown and I start a brand new job tomorrow (Monday, here).

Woo Stela! Looking forward to seeing more of Beatrice. Mostly caught up with everyone except Plain Ol Legacy which I am a good part through. :)
    new plan. update beverly first. she didn't want to wait. then bres pic.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I won't be posting my updates here unless it's a specific request for feedback. I have a thread for that.

If you have WordPress, it'll be easy just to Follow via the website. If you don't have WordPress, I recommend just hanging out in my thread here.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited March 2021
    Just published chapter 1.25, Recovering, here: https://jamessimsstories.wordpress.com/2021/03/08/1-25-recovering/
    Post edited by JamesSims528 on
    today was going to be reading day but when i was playing yesterday my timeline got jumped, so i have to write so i can get the chracters in to the story. if i have time i'll read today tommorrows adulting day so since i'm up early i sometimes get tired.