Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hoping For A Sims Medieval 2

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
I started playing The Sims Medieval for the first time in ages and I'm having a great time playing it! I never got into it way back when because the interface was kind of clunky to use, I have the same issue with the rest of The Sims 3 but they fixed this issue in The Sims 4 and made the game so much easier to use. It got me thinking that it would be fantastic if they redid The Sims Medieval with the more modern UI (and graphics).

I really enjoy how the game is set up with the quests, the leveling, the different heroes and everything else, it just needs an update. The Sims Medieval is a really unique game these days in a time where the games on the market skew to what seems like 90% shooters and MMORPGS. It's refreshing. I don't know that I'd want a complete reinventing the Sims Medieval wheel but an update and new material for ceratin would be cool. Anyone else have ideas and thoughts on this?

Because more people respond to polls, maybe we can get more responses and interest generated for a request for a Sims Medieval 2.

Hoping For A Sims Medieval 2 163 votes

Yes, I'd love a Sims Medieval 2!
73%
icmnfrshillusieilovescampersZagatta7gettpsCamkatGoodywoodpetalotusrhaliusFigwitilovejewel17Kementarimaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83AjaGioVageniusGothangelakaniki0mueller_litegreydonn 119 votes
No, I don't want a Sims Medieval 2.
4%
lisamwitthaneulDamienf519EnkiSchmidtcomicsforlifePerti23TrineeLarsen 7 votes
Yes, I'd love a Sims Medieval 2! AND Sims Mediveal 1 digital copy should go on sale!
15%
WedTerryKasperGemSixxGrandRailMejraTheaSheepilingnessatay1920EcahappyopiwheelochCatzillaLunatwiloSmallGiantHeehee_BearNKMnaeshelleSimsRose49JinxIndigowildleafbatLamaaaay 25 votes
I only need Sims Medieval 1 to go on sale.
1%
xoJessiwitchypiexstxrrysequence 3 votes
Beige.
5%
SimmervilleGraceyManorCinebarCAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78EricasFreePlayCangwenignominiusrexEleri 9 votes

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Beige? Lol. I never bought the first one. It's the only game in the series I have never played. I've always wanted a well done medieval pack, but not a separate game. I did sort of get what I wanted when they released Dragon Valley for Sims 3.
    I'd love to see a medieval world in Sims 4, with appropriate clothing and building items. Or at the very least a medieval stuff pack.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Beige? Lol. I never bought the first one. It's the only game in the series I have never played. I've always wanted a well done medieval pack, but not a separate game. I did sort of get what I wanted when they released Dragon Valley for Sims 3.
    I'd love to see a medieval world in Sims 4, with appropriate clothing and building items. Or at the very least a medieval stuff pack.

this is what I want to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yes, I'd love a Sims Medieval 2! AND Sims Mediveal 1 digital copy should go on sale!

The Sims Medieval is a deeper, more involved game than a pack could ever cover. It's a full game all on its own, so it's almost a case of apples and oranges that way. It's a little something like the Strangerville mystery or the Batuu missions but much more involved and with a lot more to do and play.

(The Beige option is for the folks who can't commit to a yes or no, they're the Meh, It Depends and Other types. lol)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Beige.
    I voted beige cause i don't like quest games. To me sims medieval is not the sims (and i only play the sims :) ).
    But It's not like if it is made it's going to ruin anything to me...? So... beige :)
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    sims medieval biggest mistake was to not be like the main iterations. the trailer was misleading; people was expecting to create their own kingdom, build their own houses, make their own families all in medieval times, but sims medieval offer none of this and had too many limitations & rabbit holes. so much more could have been done with tsm but ea didn't even market it properly.
    yes i'd love to see a sims medieval 2 but only if it's better than the first game.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    sims medieval biggest mistake was to not be like the main iterations. the trailer was misleading; people was expecting to create their own kingdom, build their own houses, make their own families all in medieval times, but sims medieval offer none of this and had too many limitations & rabbit holes. so much more could have been done with tsm but ea didn't even market it properly.
    yes i'd love to see a sims medieval 2 but only if it's better than the first game.

I wouldn't mind them adding more traditional Sims games building options for sure.
    Yes, I can see the disappointment player expecting a more traditional Sims game would experience with The Sims Medieval. But taken for itself, it is so much more than a simple pack could ever offer. I think this would be true for the Farming interest as well, I don't think a simple game pack could cover it like its own separate game could (and does).
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    [
    The Sims Medieval is a deeper, more involved game than a pack could ever cover. It's a full game all on its own, so it's almost a case of apples and oranges that way. It's a little something like the Strangerville mystery or the Batuu missions but much more involved and with a lot more to do and play.

That's actually why I never bought it, because I didn't want another game, particularly not a quest oriented one. I bought Strangerville for the neighborhood and other gameplay stuff, but I only did the quest once. And I don't own, nor will I ever own Journey to Batuu. Just not my thing.

I understand though why that kind of play combined with Sims appeals to some players.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Same. Lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 23 Member
    The SIms Medieval is my favorite game in whole of The Sims' franchise. Hands down. I love it. Everything about it, from the open world to the quests to skin details and unlockable objects. Everything about it is dear to my heart.

I'd be a happy simmer if TSM ever gets a sequel, but I wouldn't hold out hope for it. EA did a bad job marketing it and even worse job at supporting the game's development (the coding was so messy and horrible they gave up trying to add more packs after Pirate & Nobles). The big incentive to create more Sims games is how EA can squeeze more and more dough out of expansion packs and other addons, TSM couldn't provide that and I doubt they ever could.
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I love Medieval and I'm always for more sims spin-offs. I think It's a pity we only got one during TS3 times cuz there was a lot of them during TS1-TS2 periods. Developers don't seem to be interested doing those funny, experimental spin-offs any longer.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I have a feeling that they won’t make a sequel to Sims Medieval, only because the first one was never really that popular. It also didn’t really excite me that much, especially since it wasn’t as much of a sandbox as Sims games normally are.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    YES PLEASE! <3
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I loved Medieval, and still do. Plus I loved the Sims setting spin offs (I am begging for a castaway reboot, too). I do not mind historical games, actually have rather enjoyed them, but I honestly never really wanted it in a Sims pack. Into the Future gave me pause, but it incorporated the present very well and played nice with the previous content.

But in general, a huge setting change pack clashes too much. Imagine 4 trying to do it. It'd have to basically be a Batuu that doesn't play nice with any of the other DLC and have all sorts of restrictions so the past doesn't leak into the present and the present leak into the past (a tall order when the worlds are not as naturally segregated as 3's). Plus having its own game let's it get attention and detail a pack could never have.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Also, it isn't straight the Sims and certainly is more involved since it is a strategy game, but the Crusader Kings series has scratched my Sims Medieval itch. I refer to Crusader Kings 3 (CK3) as Sims Medieval's edgy elder brother.

It has a really detailed ruler designer that has a trait system quite similar to Sims 3's. Plus it has a function to change clothes during gameplay called the barbershop. This is also just my opinion, but the humor is on point. I miss a fair bit of that in 4.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Beige.
    I liked The Sims Medieval. However, I wouldn't want them to patch in some patch to it and ruin it like they keep changing things about TS4 I actually liked at the time of a release of something. I do not want a TSM2 because the industry has changed, Maxis has changed. Emeryville developers and others who worked on TSM are gone. I'm afraid a new TSM would be all politically correct, in today's climate, I can see how someone would be offended by some garb or tradition or practice of the times and Maxis would remove it under pressure from offended organizations....no, I like the one I have and I don't want them messing with my fond memories. It's really not my fault I feel this way due to what Maxis does to TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    In the past i played the Sims Medieval and i liked it, i would really like to see a Medievals 2, with updated gameplay and everything, it could be very good
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I liked the spin-off idea more than I would have liked a pack. Things like these require new mechanics and they would need to be watered down to work with the base game.
    I actually want a more improved medieval and a sequel would be the perfect way to do it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I would love a Sims Medieval 2. I bought the original and the Pirates and Nobles expansion and had a lot of fun with it at the time. It wasn't that popular at release though and came in for some heavy criticism. People wanted to build their own castles and have their kids grow up and exert more control over their sims. The missions also got a bit samey, one (at least) was bugged and it didn't take that long to burn out and put it aside. Still, I loved the art work, the voices and the humour and would buy an updated version in a heartbeat. I'm on a Mac and sadly, the original is no longer compatible.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    As long as they make it open world, being able to play as other roles other than the monarch, have other worlds added (of course will require DLC) = each world will be a kingdom and will have alliances/wars happen between them, story progression, etc, I would so love to get it. Imagine the FUN! OH MY! I could RP a black smith or some random peasant that gets into trouble or something, heck demons and monsters could get added; such as dragons for example! HEHE!
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • CalicoShoesCalicoShoes Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Calico45 said:
    > Also, it isn't straight the Sims and certainly is more involved since it is a strategy game, but the Crusader Kings series has scratched my Sims Medieval itch. I refer to Crusader Kings 3 (CK3) as Sims Medieval's edgy elder brother.
    >
    > It has a really detailed ruler designer that has a trait system quite similar to Sims 3's. Plus it has a function to change clothes during gameplay called the barbershop. This is also just my opinion, but the humor is on point. I miss a fair bit of that in 4.

I started playing CK3 when I read that one of the creators said you should play it like the Sims in order to have the most fun. And I love history. I can't wait to see how it develops down the line! But a Sims Medieval update with multiple kingdoms and in the art style of TS4 would be totally my jam. I like how it's different with the quests and multiple main characters, etc.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I usually skipped spinoffs, but I decided to give them a go last year, and wow I missed out. Sure, I only finished the first ambition and haven't played it much since, but it was really fun

If they did a sequel, I hope they make the kingdom layout more customizable, or offer different kingdom templates
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I would love to see a Sims Medieval 2, give it open-world exploration, fewer rabbit holes, more interactions/customisable. Maybe there could be a story mode and a sandbox mode? the story mode is like the first game, where you can't customise the world as much and just do the quests. But then the sandbox mode is freer and you can customise the stuffing out of the world, being able to build or redesign buildings customise building locations etc.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Beige.
    I hated the original game. I never played it as it was too different from the main games. I returned it less than a month after I bought it.
  • CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 35 Member
    I would love another Sims Medieval game. Better graphics, more than 4 children allowed at home, the possibility to play with the entire household in freeplay, less cartoonish graphics, more countries, a long term political pack that works with nobles from around the Sims world. <3 I would also love a medieval game pack and world for the Sims 4. Rentals can bring Sims for the Renfaire. Or an interesting wedding and honeymoon venue.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'd love sims medieval 2
    I enjoyed sims medieval some

but it should definitely be more customizable like if they ever do second medieval game please let us build our own buildings and add few different countries to explore and dear lord don't do that disappears to woods for most of the game let us actually play some

+ also add dragons and more occult thank oh and couple dancing cause that also did not exist in sims medieval

tbh just ditch sims 5 and make that into sims medieval 2 ;) thatd be more exciting
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free