Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations might be REALLY coming soon (speculation)

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I mean hopefully I would love a Generation pack like please.
    Also want normal bunk beds but I also want a variety of styles for bunk bed like a full size bed with a twin bed on top. Or a castle bunk bed or a pirate ship bunk bed or space ship bunk bed it's probably asking for to much tho.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2021
    I always thought things like Toddlers, Parenthood and University were the Sims 4 equivalent of Generations.

We have almost all of Generations, just spread out across a bunch of packs - which forces you to buy more packs, natch.

We desperately need a babies patch, but that would need to be a base-game PATCH (because the game wouldn't run if it wasn't in Base Game), possibly including a Parenthood-style Game Pack and a Kid's Stuff Pack and probably Babies Kit to squeeze the cash out of us.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I always thought things like Toddlers, Parenthood and University were the Sims 4 equivalent of Generations.

We have almost all of Generations, just spread out across a bunch of packs - which forces you to buy more packs, natch.

We desperately need a babies patch, but that would need to be a base-game PATCH (because the game wouldn't run if it wasn't in Base Game), possibly including a Parenthood-style Game Pack and a Kid's Stuff Pack and probably Babies Kit to squeeze the cash out of us.

Generations focuses on family activities and stuff for different ages.

Pillow fighting
    Treehouses
    Playing Catch
    More Games children can play with each other
    More playground equipment
    For Teens Proms
    More romance options for young adults and bachelor/hen parties
    Midlife crisis for adult
    Memories and Canes for Elders
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Honestly, I hope not. I'd prefer way more things than that.
    1500x500.jpg

Are you saying you don't want a Generations GP or do you mean Zoos?
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member

Are you saying you don't want a Generations GP or do you mean Zoos?

I do not want Generations. Of course I'd eventually buy it, but that's not really my gameplay style so I'd find little use for it. I never used it in 3.
    1500x500.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When people ask for things, they forget that such things need to be programmed, animated, and emotions added. Like if you play a game you need an emotion linked that makes you happy - or upset, if you lost.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I SO want updated babies. FINALLY. Please give them to me already! I don't want to wait another year!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think that really says anything at all. People have always made family homes and mansions in the game
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't think that really says anything at all. People have always made family homes and mansions in the game

Before Batuu GP came out I knew it was coming due to the amount of space related building and CC EA Game Changers were releasing + some tweets.
    Since then, I found out that most of this CC creators (that know what is coming) actually leave some tips all around way weeks before we get to know anything.
    That said, I really do take those videos as hints but, of course, you are free to not to :)
    Given that on March 23rd we're getting a parch with bunkbeds, it is easy to think that a Generations pack or family/kids oriented contents might be coming soon.

BUT LATELY there's an abundance of european style/love/romantic contents from CC creators and I am getting suspicious.
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I SO want updated babies. FINALLY. Please give them to me already! I don't want to wait another year!

I feel the same way about cars.
    Onverser wrote: »

Yes but then you had a sim thinking about toddlers riding tri cycles in the Snowey Escape Trailer.
  • HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    I really hope so, I mainly just play as a single sim and follow them thru their generations so extra content and more gameplay towards this would be great. It would give them a lot more life if done right!
    While I was browsing tumblr I found a new EA Game Changer simblr and on march 2nd she posted a build called "Generations Base Game House".

A new hint? She just surfing the speculation wave? I just feel a bit like a hopeless Sherlock :D
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2021
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think this may need to be explored a bit more, because so far it's more of a conspiracy theory than actual trends. For starters, a lot of stuff has been added to TS4 already. The only things really missing that have been pretty core to previous games have been a Generations type of EP, along with other supernaturals like werewolves. So given that the missing stuff is getting more and more limited, it can be a pretty strong false positive to claim they're hinting at Generations when that's one of the few things left that people still want from older versions of the Sims. It's like if you put a ROYGBIV rainbow in a hat and had people pull colors out. If RYGBV come out already and you're up next to pull, you can greatly anticipate pulling an O because you know the list of potential picks has dropped dramatically. This doesn't mean that you're hinting at O coming nor does it even mean you're clairvoyant - if O and I are all that's left, that's all you have to anticipate pulling out of the hat.

The second thing is how much of an echo chamber the community can be. Relating to the point above, people will tend to anticipate and talk about stuff they're desperately wanting, and seeing as Generations is currently that flavor of the month, it's at the top of everyone's mind. Influencers will either consciously or unconsciously gravitate to this topic since it's popular, and they may even end up making builds or families with this kind of thing in mind. Again, it doesn't mean they're hinting at or revealing that Generations is coming, it can just mean that they're social creatures and their content is flowing with the current trend and mindset.

Another thing to go back and research is Snowy Escape if you believe that the Game Changers inadvertently hint about stuff. Snowy was really the first pack where there was heavy collaboration with influencers to do the builds and make the world, so if there was any pack that should have been inadvertently teased or hinted unconsciously, it would have been this one. Looking over the content prior to Snowy's release from the Changers who were part of this packs' world development should in theory show them trending towards this type of concept, since it would have been fresh on their minds since they created the onsens, Asian homes, and bars and such.

The major point is, it may feed into hype and raise expectations too high to promote this kind of theory without much trend analysis and evaluation. They could just as easily release a pack like farming or boarding school for all we know with the inclusion of bunk beds.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Generations ? Nope !

After Parenthood, it should be Childhood !

Childhood? We already have packs dedicated to toddlers/children.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited March 2021
    Generations ? Nope !

We have stuff packs.

I'm kinda hoping for a "Growing Up" Game pack exploring the Parenthood time from the Kid's perspective, and a "Retirement Adventures" game pack that focuses on Adults and Elders beyond the Elder stereotypes.

But I won't say no to getting them together in a Generations-type pack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Generations ? Nope !

In my opinion, not enough packs dealing with babies through teen. And I want real babies too.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I want updated babies too!! So badly. I also want a farming pack.
    I think this may need to be explored a bit more, because so far it's more of a conspiracy theory than actual trends. For starters, a lot of stuff has been added to TS4 already. The only things really missing that have been pretty core to previous games have been a Generations type of EP, along with other supernaturals like werewolves. So given that the missing stuff is getting more and more limited, it can be a pretty strong false positive to claim they're hinting at Generations when that's one of the few things left that people still want from older versions of the Sims. It's like if you put a ROYGBIV rainbow in a hat and had people pull colors out. If RYGBV come out already and you're up next to pull, you can greatly anticipate pulling an O because you know the list of potential picks has dropped dramatically. This doesn't mean that you're hinting at O coming nor does it even mean you're clairvoyant - if O and I are all that's left, that's all you have to anticipate pulling out of the hat.

The second thing is how much of an echo chamber the community can be. Relating to the point above, people will tend to anticipate and talk about stuff they're desperately wanting, and seeing as Generations is currently that flavor of the month, it's at the top of everyone's mind. Influencers will either consciously or unconsciously gravitate to this topic since it's popular, and they may even end up making builds or families with this kind of thing in mind. Again, it doesn't mean they're hinting at or revealing that Generations is coming, it can just mean that they're social creatures and their content is flowing with the current trend and mindset.

Another thing to go back and research is Snowy Escape if you believe that the Game Changers inadvertently hint about stuff. Snowy was really the first pack where there was heavy collaboration with influencers to do the builds and make the world, so if there was any pack that should have been inadvertently teased or hinted unconsciously, it would have been this one. Looking over the content prior to Snowy's release from the Changers who were part of this packs' world development should in theory show them trending towards this type of concept, since it would have been fresh on their minds since they created the onsens, Asian homes, and bars and such.

The major point is, it may feed into hype and raise expectations too high to promote this kind of theory without much trend analysis and evaluation. They could just as easily release a pack like farming or boarding school for all we know with the inclusion of bunk beds.

Thanks a lot for this so much detailed post but..I disagree with some points :D

It's not just Generations that is missing in the game. We are waiting for several features and what we are speculating about it's not if it is coming or not but if it is coming NEXT or as soon as possible.
    In the hat there's still RYBV to be pulled out so why not speculating on which colour will be next?

About the "trend" that might be followed by influencers, don't you find it strange that they are ALL talking about generations but nobodies does anything about werewolves, fairies or farms? I see you point: if people wants generations then it is right for a CC maker or videomaker to create something about this topic so that they can get views/money from the trend. But if you look at it in the larger picture.

In the end, about Snowy Escape: there were several CC creators (and also Game Changers) that created asian related contents prior to knowing about Snowy Escape (Felixandre, for example).
    And to add more: when we just were speculating over the icon of the Batuu pack, some Game Changers were discovered hinting at a space pack way before we knew it was about space in their tumblr, with both quotes and CC space-related.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

In the end, about Snowy Escape: there were several CC creators (and also Game Changers) that created asian related contents prior to knowing about Snowy Escape (Felixandre, for example).
    And to add more: when we just were speculating over the icon of the Batuu pack, some Game Changers were discovered hinting at a space pack way before we knew it was about space in their tumblr, with both quotes and CC space-related.

And one of the GC's who created the SE lots leaked it on their live stream too. I still feel bad for the person who pointed that out and got jumped on by the fan boys swearing they had photoshopped a fake picture.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2021
    Generations ? Nope !

Well with that logic we already have packs dedicated to adults I guess they can stop making this game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    CelSims wrote: »
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

And one of the GC's who created the SE lots leaked it on their live stream too. I still feel bad for the person who pointed that out and got jumped on by the fan boys swearing they had photoshopped a fake picture.

right!!! I forgot about this