Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get Nifty Knitting?

I always wait for the bugs to be worked out before I purchase. Is Nifty Knitting buggy, or is it functioning well? Would really love to have this pack but only if it works.

Also, what do you love the most about this pack?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Haven't noticed any bug... it's imo one of the best stuff packs.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I love it and I was one who voted in favor of it, too. It does come with some perks, if you will. Like Plopsy (think Etsy) and your Sim is able to purchase or sell some of their own creations.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The only bug I'm aware of (and it may have been fixed, I just got into the habit of making them sit before knitting) is that you sometimes need your sim to already be sitting in order for them to resume a project.

Otherwise, I've found the pack to be a lot of fun. And you can sell more than knits on Plopsy (I made my current family's initial fortune selling paintings and flower arrangements) you just want to be careful not to flood it (2-3 objects per sim at a time)
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Okay, thanks you guys. I think I will get this. 😃
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I held off on Nifty Knitting at first, but it was on sale, and I wanted my Sims to have a way to earn money without cheats. Also, it would be a good way for the stay at home parent help earn money for the family. I also leaned more to get it, because I enjoy making Sims based on characters, like Harry Potter. I wanted Molly to be able to earn money for the family, and I ended up getting it for that.
    I bought it on sale, and not going to lie, it is a pretty good pack so far. It has really cute outfits, and I liked it better than I thought I would.
    Also, as a pointer, you will have to buy the the sewing stuff in build/buy mode, and then place it in your house. Then you have to have a Sim put it in their inventory, and then they can start sewing and eventually unlock more items.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    I brought knifty knitting back when it first came out and I only ever had one sim knit so far but I still actually like the pack if not just for the decoration alone. Plops is a cool little feature, Plus toddlers on rocking chairs are so cute to me. I hope to use the pack more in the future I just haven’t had another sim that i felt that was a knitter yet but I still believe the pack is worth it. I just wish i felt the same about paranormal stuff
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't say that I've noticed many bugs in the Nifty Knitting pack. It's actually a really nice pack much to my surprise.
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    I like it a lot. Thanks to this place, I got it a few weeks ago. Originally, I had zero interest in it, but everyone said how fun it is.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah, the sitting bug is still going. I often have to make my sims sit first and then ask them to knit.

But you'll have lots of fun with the pack, it's great to have a new hobby and plopsy!
  • Options
    niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    Selling stuff you handcraft on Plopsy is convenient.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    🥰 no 🕷

My new my Mom Sim loves to 🧶!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    For one, it is a good way for a stay at home Sim to help get money for the household without cheating.
    Also, the game gives some really cute outfits in CAS.
    Items you make can either be used by the family, which could save your Sims money, or sold on Plopsy for a small profit.
    Also, I wasn't completely sold on Nifty Knitting at first, but bought it on sale, and was pleasantly surprised with the pack.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited February 2021
    I just bought it and so far, it has been a "meh" experience. It has been super easy and very quick to increase skill level. Not at all what I was expecting. My sim has stuff of excellent quality listed on Plopsy for days that still hasn't sold. Not at all what I was expecting given how everyone talks about all the extra money you make. I do like the rocking chair and some of the outfits. Maybe I will figure Plopsy out, and I will enjoy it more. I haven't had any bugs. My sim did knit on the beach at Sulani. That was kinda fun in a weird way. 'It's scorching hot out, let me knit some sweaters.' haha
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    I like selling on Plopsy.
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    If you have the money, I recommend it. It's a pretty relaxing pack, in my opinion, and I haven't come across any bugs, though I haven't fully dived into the pack just yet. Hope you enjoy it!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    When I first got the pack I went overboard and got my sim to knit way too many things. I realized I could only sell on plopsy, on average, one item every 2-3 days so it was much slower than I anticipated. I thought my sim could earn a living with knitting alone, but I ended up getting a part time job for her, and knitting on the side. Overall it's a pretty neat pack, and plopsy comes in handy for other things, even if your sim doesn't knit. I love the succulent plants in the game so the hanging planters were one of the draws for me to get the pack. That, plus the animation of cats playing with yarn is adorable! And just like wood working, I get a kick out of the poorly crafted items. I like hanging on to those and displaying them in my sims' homes.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    I bought it on sale for the rocking chair and some of the CAS items.

Quite frankly the pack itself, to me, is 100% pointless. Knitting is finnicky (most of the time the Sim can't sit down and knit, you have to sit FIRST, then tell them to knit or they bug out and say "no path to the chair" handwave), plus it ads virtually nothing at all except weird typical Sim stuff like your Sim being able to knit sitting on a workout machine and it counts as a full workout. despite them doing absolute nothing workout-related at all.

So it's basically up to two things: Do you like knitting IRL? Do you like the added items? For me it's a "absolutely not" and "meh". Hence I got it on a sale.

But then I absolutely saw no point at all with the last voted on pack either; I seem to have virtually the opposite taste of the majority of players since Laundry and Knitting were items I did not vote for at all. At least we got the promised Eco Living stuff removed from the laundry pack in Eco Lifestyles.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2021
    I like the pack a lot although I hate all the pastel colours. Knitting itself is very relaxing and quite easy to skill up. For some reason I only have one sim who has learned knitting so far, but I love when she starts knitting autonomously. Just the other day she autonomosuly knitted a toddler onesie and I gave it to her toddler right away. I love making clothes for sims to use and decorations for home. I have also givem them as a gift, making money is not a priority for this particular sim. My other sims have used Plopsy. I like it that even if you have to wait for a while and stuff doesn't always sell, you'll get a higher price if it does. Overall I really recommend this pack from the new hobby aspect.

Edit: I forgot I actually have anothe knitter too, but still need more :smiley:
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I got it on release and although the theme of the pack itself might seem rather limited, I was surprised to see how much impact it got on some of my homes. It was also great to find that Plopsy works very well even when playing rotationally. Whenever I return to a house, most items in their inventory were sold and there's still time to go to the mail box to ship the goods to the customer(s). Love the rocking chair and some of the decor (great for granny homes). Not happy with the pastels of the hobby room furniture, but did use them in some crafter stores "back stage".

Also good thing that kids can knit, it gives some of my kids a new hobby. I also have a club called "Nifty Knitters". Due to my rotations none of my sims have maxed the knitting skill yet, so there are lots of items I have not yet created (toys) so in my case the freshness of this pack will last a while. From me it is a definite buy, full price even.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Some points of the pack...
    • the knitting aspiration is too grinding.
    • sims get a happy moodlet on the rocking chair and elders like to reminisce and gain a moodlet from it.
    • my favourite feature is buying from plopsy. I can pick up herbal remedies that otherwise would require a visit to Granite Falls and a grinding of the herbalism skill to get.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Some points of the pack...
    • the knitting aspiration is too grinding.
    • sims get a happy moodlet on the rocking chair and elders like to reminisce and gain a moodlet from it.
    • my favourite feature is buying from plopsy. I can pick up herbal remedies that otherwise would require a visit to Granite Falls and a grinding of the herbalism skill to get.

I don't think I have used Plopsy once; I find it a far more complicated thing than to just have a yard sale if I want to g et rid of stuff.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    I always wait for the bugs to be worked out before I purchase. Is Nifty Knitting buggy, or is it functioning well? Would really love to have this pack but only if it works.

Also, what do you love the most about this pack?

I can really recommend the pack. I love Knifty Knitting and think it´s the best Stuff pack so far, it´s more depth to it than previous SP:s. Some features that I love with the pack: they just focus on one hobby and instead give more depth to the skill, Kids can level up in Knitting skill, sims can teach kids/teens/other sims to knit, Your sim can knit an ugly sweater and give as a christmas/winterfest present, the feature where you can knit an object and add to wardrobe to unlock it in CAS.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    So I actually have noticed a few bugs (and I do use CC and mods, so there's always a chance that something I've added to my game is messing with it) but I have found that if my sim stops a knitting project, and then tries to go back to it, she will wave her arms like she's blocked by something and refuse to complete the interaction. I have also noticed that knitting seems to work better when clicking on the chair or couch that you want them to knit in rather than clicking on the knitting basket in the inventory. So basically I just make my sim sit and complete a full knitting project without stopping since it have to frog any knitting project that she stops in the middle of since it won't let me complete though at a later time.

I'm completing the aspiration for a challenge right now and that seems a bit buggy at times too. And it takes a long time to complete, especially since I don't want to have her knit when I can't go back to a project.

But, aside from these few frustrations, there's a ton I love about it. There's a pair of pants that I use really often in CAS, and the knitted clothes are great too! I also love all the cute things they can knit for around their home, and Plopsy is fantastic! Honestly, most of my sims acquire their knitted items from Plopsy since I get aggravated with the knitting action.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I love Plopsy!

In my challenge save, I made a rule that my sim can only sell her paintings via Plopsy, as I tough they would pay less, total opposite, she had great deal of money from it, and all her paintings were eventually sold :)

I do have the bug with unfinished projects.

And .. maybe just my imagination but I think Plopsy does not work well with ALL mailboxes. As when my challenge sim lived at SE world, all got sold , she had that wall mailbox from the pack. Later when she lived at Windenburg, that GT mailbox never gave the popup that her items were sold.

I changed that to the SE mailbox, and instantly those paintings got sold again.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    The rocking chair is one of the greatest items ever added to the game. Sims are so comfortable looking when they sit down in it and I'm happy just watching it.