Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

okay I give up I've tried everything help please?... Cannot seem to remove cc

after I updated my game my CC skintones weren't showing up so I followed the tips here https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31808.0 and it worked unfortunately it broke my game then I removed the skintones they are still there here is everything I've tried to get rid of them 1 put skintones back in then move mods folder into documents remove the skins move the mods folder back 2 removed the entire sub-folder they were in 3 reset my mods folder by renaming it 4 repair my game 5 used the sims 4 tray importer to try and remove the skins thinking there might be copies somewhere else in my mods but when I went to the cc tab they were nowhere to be found 6 as a last resort I unisnstalled and reinstalled the only thing else I can think of is to start from scratch how I really don't want to that because alot of my CC you can't download anymore

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Did you delete the localthumbcache?
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • simicapsimicap Posts: 85 Member
    yes i did do i need to do it again?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2021
    Try taking the skin tones out. Then resetting your Sims4 folder entirely. You do that by:
    1. With the game closed, go to: Documents>Electronic Arts>TheSims4.
    2. Copy your TheSims4 folder to your desktop.
    3. Then delete the copy of your TheSims4 folder from the Electronic Arts folder inside your documents folder.
    4. Close all the folders.
    5. Start your game.
    6. Once it loads to the welcome screen, exit the game. This generates a brand new TheSims4 folder.
    7. On your desktop rename the copied TS4 folder something like TheSims4B (just to avoid confusion in the next step Do Not Rename your The Sims4 folder inside the Electronic Arts folder).
    8. Open Documents > Electronic Arts > TheSims4 also open your desktop copy of TheSims4B (or whatever you named it).
    9. Select in your desktop copy of your TheSims4B your Tray, Saves, Mods*, Screen Shots*, Custom Music* folders and your Options file. Copy Do Not Cut them.
    10. Paste them into Documents > Electronic Arts > TheSims4 and when prompted select Replace Files.
    11. You can then close all of your folders on desktop and restart your game.

*If these folders are empty you can choose not to copy them over to your new TheSims4 folder. Your Tray file contains you gallery library and your saves file is self explanatory so you definitely want to transfer both of those. The Options file has all of your settings like if you prefer TheSims3 camera, or 14 day seasons in a save, or ultra graphics etc.

Also make sure before copying the mods folder (if you choose to copy it over) that you have completely removed those skin tones you don’t want.

You will have a brand new clean game without the time it takes to uninstall and reinstall your game.
  • simicapsimicap Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2021
    well that didn't work I feel like an incredibly unintelligent person anymore suggestions? did miss something did I do something wrong?
    Post edited by simicap on