The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

I've wondered this for some time now about how many generations have others sims got too in their games? I've only ever made it to three I think, it would be interesting to know from you lovely simmers out there how far you have gotten and how you stick with it!
Please feel free to post your comments in this thread along with some pic's if you would like to share your generations gameplay!

I was playing my household in the Drifter Challenge and made it to the third house which is the third generation if I count my beginning household. Do you all count your beginning household? I've heard some do and some don't!

I've recently started a generation of my simself and her hub, no kids yet but I hope I can make it through many generations with this playthrough! Here they are as my founders and my generation one, cause if I don't count them I may never get to the next generation.. :D:o
01-18-21_1-38-02_PM.png?width=1202&height=676
01-18-21_1-18-11_PM.png
01-17-21_5-32-17_PM.png?width=1202&height=676
In the last pic, they were discussing how they didn't like the house with no wall paint or floorboards :D leave it to my sims to tell me a builder I'm not good at it :D

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm currently playing a Not So Berry challenge and I'm on generation 5! Still loving my time with it. 😊 I'm on my phone right now, so can't share pictures but I'll do that later.

This is the furthest I've gotten in TS4.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have gotten to generation 3 in sims 4 playing a legacy in normal lifespan. But i played very recently a huge rotation with almost 30 households in long lifespan and i'm really proud that i got to generation 2 :)
    I count the first household (usually a YA) as my 1st generation.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    One :s I don't like to see my sims age and get old
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Two generations. :D

It's because I play with all the premade families on a rotation and there is a lot of them now.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I play a huge rotation since I got the game and I vary the lifespan so it's hard to say. I age up sims when I feel like it's the right moment. I think I'm about on fourth generation maybe, but only for some households.

In another save I had I tried to play legacy style on short lifespan and got to generation 7 until I lost my interest. May continue one day just because want to reach 10.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I can’t even make myself play with aging so it’s still generation 1 for me :D

Maybe one day I’ll play generationally, but for now I just play rotationally with aging off. I’ve been perfecting my households and lots in the same main save since 2017 so I feel like I’m dedicated to a very specific way of playing that feels very much like a huge work in progress that aging would ruin. Maybe one day when I own all the packs I want and I edit to my hearts content, I’ll finally properly play out my universe and let them age and create the next chapter of complex storylines haha
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Duvelina I can't wait to see your pic's, congrats on Gen 5
    @telmarina that is a wonderful achievement
    @Onverser I can feel you on that, I was stuck on that forever
    @Sharonia Yes there is a lot of them now, I've never thought about playing it that way either
    @musteni the rotation family's sound good, I'm also playing with ageing off I want to age them up when I feel they need it. Now I wonder if you have aged off for the townies also that you don't play? Thinking I may need the ageing off for them as well ;)! Congrats on the 7 Generations!
    @permanentrose I've played with generation 1 since I started playing in 2011, :D I've never gotten past the ageing my sims till I played the Drifter Challenge a couple of years ago. The way you are playing sounds very interesting also!
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I have only ever made it to four before something happens (a game issue or, in my last case, computer malfunction). I am currently on three as I count the generation once the previous has children. The last one I had lost was created in 2017. I really miss that one, but the one I am on currently was created in 2019.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Celticgamer0 super sorry you keep having issues that's very sad. Congrats even though with your fourth-gen and I hope your 2019 save will go on without issues!
  • Vicky_chingyu1023Vicky_chingyu1023 Posts: 55 Member
    It's only Generation 3. I do rotations as well so I took me four years in real life to play all the families. I feel very sad when I see my favorite Sims died so I stopped the aging then.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I play a variety of different saves, but in terms of generations, I have one save where I'm in generation 6 of one family. I don't normally count generations as a measure, but that save is specifically geared toward a rotational version of legacy-style play (by my own rules). In that save I've got my game speed set at 150 (rather than the default 25) and I have custom lifespans that total about 550 days, so it takes me a while to rotate through those families. That's the way I like it, though, for that particular save.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited January 2021
    I couldn't let my sims die for a very long time and the third generation in the child stage was the record before I have created a new family again. But now in my challenge the 4th generation is already born and I'm so proud of it, that I didn't give up yet.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I once got to gen 7-9 with a landgraab legacy i did. Lol i hated playing with Malcom I. he's ugh. I kept malcom as a family name and got to like Malcom VII, VIII, or IV idk. We also had a bit of incest (cousins only) and vampiric blood in the dynasty. It was a long, harrowing journey, but i eventually ogt bored and deleted the save lol.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I am still playing my original save which is on generation 28. I have done numerous challenges with this family and installed many mods to keep it interesting. (I used to blog about them, but I have since hidden my blog because of rude comments.)

I'm now on the brown generation of the Extended Not So Berry challenge and he's a teen... just moved out to live on his own as indicated by the challenge. I decided to add another level to it and go Rags to Riches too. I'm silly that way. :D

Z9munAM.png
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am currently at gen 13.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited January 2021
    honestly?
    I keep saying my legacy this my legacy that but something always cuts it off exactly at generation 3 or 4 be it bug related or not

hoping my newest one survives that ~

I do have bad immortal sim problem though cause i hate game culling my sims when they are ghosts so i cant let them die
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    I am still playing my original save which is on generation 28. I have done numerous challenges with this family and installed many mods to keep it interesting. (I used to blog about them, but I have since hidden my blog because of rude comments.)

I'm now on the brown generation of the Extended Not So Berry challenge and he's a teen... just moved out to live on his own as indicated by the challenge. I decided to add another level to it and go Rags to Riches too. I'm silly that way. :D

Z9munAM.png

Gen....generation 28?! Honey oh my GOD thats insane i could never. How long have oyu HAD that save?!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    In ts4 i've never gotten passed the first generation. In ts3 though i've made it to generation 10 once. I usually get bored around gen. 5 or 6 and have to take a break. Then I usually just start a new game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Gen....generation 28?! Honey oh my GOD thats insane i could never. How long have oyu HAD that save?!

I'm trying to think exactly when I bought Sims 4, but I know it was several years after it came out. It's been moved across three computers now because apparently the save holds up better than my computers. :D To be fair, I do a "save as" often because I heard that helps.

It's really funny because in all previous versions of Sims I was lucky to even start a second generation! I have started other saves, but I don't get as involved with them. There's just something about this family that I enjoy playing over and over again. I guess I'm attached after so many generations. <3

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I’m on my 9th generation. From the family I began back when Sims 4 first came out. I distract easy when I see a townie I like and start playing them or starting over a new family when trying out a new pack to see if it’ll fit with my Legacy.

100 Baby Challenge, got up to twelve before using it as the backstory for one of the kid’s for the Runaway Teen Challenge that I got wrapped up with.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited January 2021
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @musteni the rotation family's sound good, I'm also playing with ageing off I want to age them up when I feel they need it. Now I wonder if you have aged off for the townies also that you don't play? Thinking I may need the ageing off for them as well ;)! Congrats on the 7 Generations!
    I have aging off for NPC households usually, but then once I feel like they're starting to fall behind (friends not aging or someone just sticking around too long) I turn it on for a while. They would die like flies compared to my other sims if I had it on all the time. Thanks, I hope I remember right it was gen 7, now that I thought of it I'm not 100% sure, could have been 6 as well.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Currently on gen 5, the farthest I've ever gotten. Usually my saves are rendered unplayable because my mods break them. Hopefully, since I only have a few now, we can get further.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Amz_LouiseAmz_Louise Posts: 4 New Member
    The most I have got to is 5th generation. My game always starts having issues around 4th/5th generation and I end up starting a new game when it becomes unplayable.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I have one save where I got to 10 generations. My current save is on Gen 4. My average seems to be 5-6
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Had a kid or two, aged them up quick because they're so lackluster and boring compared to Sims 3 kids and annoying with Parenthood pop ups, and made them move out. After that they died of old age or got culled by the game somehow. Family play is so boring and pointless in Sims 4, its clearly more geared towards individual Sims and being part of social groups rather than a life sim like Sims 2 and 3.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1