Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2021 (Now Live)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2021
    Chaton wrote: »
    At what time is the patch supposed to drop tomorrow ?

10am Pacific 1pm Eastern unless it's something big like cars then it will be earlier.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited February 2021
    If we could get another blank world like Newcrest we'd atleast have a chance of empty 64x64 lots.

So long as it contains at least 20 empty slots of varying sizes across 3 neighbourhoods, that would be acceptable. at least it has some purpose in the game unlike this...
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I saw on another thread that for their mobile game they gave some party objects, stereo, bar, disco balls. Maybe we'll get something similar, party themed stuff.

Which is just as bad as that hot tub fiasco last year. i'd rather it be something more meaningful to the game than just fluff content.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    This is how I think it works.

Maxis works with cc creators and keeps the polygon count down of what we're getting.

That could be. They never detailed what the collaboration consisted of when they did the updated skin tones, but if they endorse any cc it's pretty sure they will need to stick to EA standards.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the updates maybe?

New stuff and bug fixes.

Nobody really knows anything.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the updates maybe?

New stuff and bug fixes.

Nobody really knows anything.

We will soon enough. Just prepare your game if you have mods and cc before Tomorrow.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't know if a livestream makes me hopeful or not for a patch. Perhaps it is a look at future content this year. Who knows.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Livestream AND goodies confirmed :):):)
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I don't know if a livestream makes me hopeful or not for a patch. Perhaps it is a look at future content this year. Who knows.

They had a livestream on the day toddlers released.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member

I know, I know, I shouldn't be saying that, nor thinking that, but I am so hoping this livestream will lead to a big reveal like BABIES (or cars. not as cool but hey, I'll take it and I'll be happy).

I know, I know, I shouldn't be saying that, nor thinking that, but I am so hoping this livestream will lead to a big reveal like BABIES (or cars. not as cool but hey, I'll take it and I'll be happy).

I'm hoping for cars
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It'll be interesting. Hopefully it's an actual reveal of the "goodies" in the patch and not just liveplays with simmers or interviews with those simmers. I still have my expectations set to really low. I personally don't see this being a big update like cars or babies, because they would want all the glory and wouldn't want simmers to be a part of it, I don't think. Especially since the tweet states "Celebrating our birthday and community ....."
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    One more day until dragons are confirmed
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Well they’ve confirmed plural ‘goodies’ meaning that there will be more than one item. Soooo.... maybe it will be two hot tubs this year??
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am hoping they fixed the open stair landings. Thats all I want.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I am hoping they fixed the open stair landings. Thats all I want.

Stairs, cooking, gardening.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    It'll be interesting. Hopefully it's an actual reveal of the "goodies" in the patch and not just liveplays with simmers or interviews with those simmers. I still have my expectations set to really low. I personally don't see this being a big update like cars or babies, because they would want all the glory and wouldn't want simmers to be a part of it, I don't think. Especially since the tweet states "Celebrating our birthday and community ....."

I think if it's anything big, it'll be something they were planning to release anyway, scheduled to fit the anniversary. Cars might make sense for that though - a thing you often get from your parents when you're 'all grown up'. Involving the content creators might have just been a way to get all the work done in time for the anniversary despite the pandemic, by outsourcing it to good modders. Probably best to keep our expectations low though. We'll see tomorrow.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Probably reaching a bit, but I hope we get a new empty world like when they added Newcrest. If not now then eventually. I'd buy a whole pack of empty worlds at this point.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

I'm hoping for cars
    Me too, only cause of the supposed leaks last year, they said cars in the 2020 fiscal year, that ends at the end of March. But I’m not too hopeful for it

I'm hoping for cars
    Me too, only cause of the supposed leaks last year, they said cars in the 2020 fiscal year, that ends at the end of March. But I’m not too hopeful for it

If not in Tomorrow's update for the leak to be right cars have to come out in the March Update.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm really hoping that it will be something related to romance, like more objects with that theme. Or an update to romance with more interactions. I'm so excited to see what we're getting soon!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    only a few more hours to go :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Does anyone think we might get a world based on Veronaville? The tweet said "It wouldn't be a party without guests." My sims partied hard in Veronaville.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2021
    I am exited about it , what ever it is.. free content is always free content.

And if it is very small, I am pretty sure I will find use for it, like so far I have :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina