Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You be Okay With More Animals Being Introduced Using the Same Models Already In Game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Ehhh, I'd need some more convincing
    Some animals like tigers, deers, etc are ok... there's some good ones on the gallery. The only problem is that they behave like dogs most of the time, and it breaks the immersion to me.
    Cows the size of large dogs? hm, no... thanks, thats weird.
    Maybe if they were to release horses, they could use the horse model to add cows too like they did with cats/racoons and dogs/foxes. IDK if it would work tho.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Idc as king as we get more pets. I never played with horses a lot in ts3 but I did enjoy them. Deer and other little wild elements like that need to make a come back. It’s those little elements that really immerse you in the simulation. I never really do much with my pets in ts4. They’re very cute though and I actually like the art style of the pets in this iteration better. The ultra-realistic fur coats in ts3 ended up looking strange.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Primates like monkeys, apes, gorillas and lemurs should just use normal sim models but should have a unique walking style, Primates have Facultative Bipedalism meaning that they're both Quadrupedal and Bipedal.
  • Options
    MVG181MVG181 Posts: 11 New Member
    If it means more animals, I'm all for it!
    I want more wild animals, like foxes, rabbits, birds etc! Plus, I really want a safari pack!
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    i mean didn't they already do this with foxes/raccoons and cats/dogs? if they recycle similar animals i wouldn't care. like horses and unicorns for example. however if they make a cow out of a cat that would be lazy
    now that i think about there has been made bears outta sims, with costumes lol
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Primates like monkeys, apes, gorillas and lemurs should just use normal sim models but should have a unique walking style, Primates have Facultative Bipedalism meaning that they're both Quadrupedal and Bipedal.

LOL if we get a bigfoot it surely could be a sim. i mean

EEjDA2fWkAUSybD.jpg

lmao
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Other
    depends on what animal.
    Birds getting introduced would need new animations. (and I would love pet ravens in the game aside from the familiars from Realm of Magic.)
    On the other hand, foxes could practically use the cat animations. (think there is a raccoon variant under the cat somewhere if I recall correct.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    If it gave me a bunny that hops like a bunny, thumps it's little paws like a bunny, looks like a bunny I could care less if the rigs were recycled, and nobody else should care either. If the animals look right, sound right, act right who the heck cares.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'd accept a cow even if it looked only 90% like a cow. But if 50% I'd go nay. The animations, size, textures, sounds and game features would be essential, but it would not need to be perfect. However, if EA creates a cow I'm pretty sure we will easily see it's a cow, I doubt they would take any short cut, besides with all adjustments needed, I don't really think it would save them much work to base new animals on existing models.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    It depends on the animal. I mean bunnies could use the size of the cat I guess with long ears. But there is nothing as large as cows currently. I don’t really want livestock to take up space in my family panel, but I want them to be free roaming and have a simple reproduction system. I would like chickens and roosters to be able to roam, or be fenced in and want them to be able to have simple reproduction too. Maybe bunnies are ok as a pet like a cat and dog that take a space, but I’m really thinking about more simple pets, rather like the rodents that don’t take up household spots. I want birds and snakes, tarantulas, turtles, and things like that. No, don’t want them to take up space as family members either. I don’t mind them using the frog boxes, but I’d like to be able to feed them and have their cages cleaned ( for my children to get credit for responsibility ). I can’t see a parrot as anything similar to what we have now either, but I don’t want them taking up family slots either. The same with birds in cages. The only things I can possibly see taking up spaces in the family panel would be things like bunnies ( possibly ) or a ferret or a chimpanze/monkey. But I really do want more pets!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Other
    Well, Dust Bunnies have given us a cuddling animation - no, actually that's the cuddling animation seen in HAMSTERS. And maggots.

But they're still adorable.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I mean, I love and want more animals, but I am not sure how viable this is. Maybe item animals like frogs, fish, and bugs (we really should have base game bugs...) could be reskined and released fairly easily. However, I think other animals would probably take more work. Rabbits would seem kind of odd in the MFPS cage.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    Fish as they are now in The Sims, are probably as interesting as real life fish. It would be nice if you could feed them, and frogs and insects, though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Yes please more animals!!!!
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    Not to necropost but if anyone has seen the Farmland trailer, how Arnie made the new animals is a good representation of what I was thinking
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Other
    AmTk86 wrote: »
    Not to necropost but if anyone has seen the Farmland trailer, how Arnie made the new animals is a good representation of what I was thinking

Yes, I have. And ... I don't mean to diminish the work he put into this ... but those horses really bothered me, because they were clearly moving like dogs... and the hooves were just... wrong.

That said, I did see a couple of tweets from him on Twitter where he's improved them considerably.