Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 2

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    That about concludes our look at our latest Stuff Pack! Big thank you again to the SP18 team, working with everyone was an amazing experience and made the later part of 2020 a little less awful. Watching this pack come to life was an absolute thrill.

Hopefully we will see the same team come together again in the future because this SP is potentially going to be the best one yet.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Loanet wrote: Β»
    I'm thinking it takes a Level Ten Grind to Medium to open that career.

I don't disagree - skill building can be a grind - but the way they are describing it in the blogs it sounds more interesting than that. I am especially referring to this part:

One of the main purposes of the Seance Table is to perform a ceremony that strengthens the spiritual serenity of the house, making it a little less creepy. However, if the Seance is interrupted for any reason, it might have the adverse effect, so make sure your Sims are protected (Hint: Sacred Candles!).

So building the Medium skill by performing seances can create chaos in the house and create some new challenges, which could break up the monotony of the grind. At least, that's what I am hoping and looking forward to.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Guidry looks like young Johnny Depp. I can't unsee it. The hat is different though. It's a 1920s boater instead of a fedora. I'm seeing a heavy 60s/70s influence in the fashion for this pack. I dig the aesthetic. The creepy doll is actually cute. I kind of want to sew one for myself lol.
  • KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    I can't wait, I really liked this stuff pack.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Heck yeah, I've been waiting for this. Semi-related weird question, but is the sΓ©ance table portable? I'd love to have my sim pull a Long Island Medium and travel from place to place, reading people.
    However, if the Seance is interrupted for any reason, it might have the adverse effect, so make sure your Sims are protected (Hint: Sacred Candles!.
    A nice bit of realism, though I can't help but wonder how poor sim AI, simulation lag or freezing will screw us over.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • niklauslothbrokniklauslothbrok Posts: 3 New Member
    i feel like the fair price for that pack will be 2$ max not more then that and other stuff pack should cost 1$ max. let's be honest EA its a money grave they don't care about give us good content the only thing they want its your money and badly. EA must get competition someone must stop that no sense pls its insane to pay 10$ for just staff pack and why its even a thing or 40$ for expansion pack is that a joke that just 20$ less then the biggest games out there
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Today's blog answered my question about the paranormal investigator licence, and I love that there's more than one way to get it. Three to be precise, unless there's also a university degree for it that just hasn't been mentioned yet. Pretty cool! B)

Also, did they actually just confirm that children can take part in the seances and build the Medium skill, too? That's incredible! My idea of a witch family with magic for all ages is finally materialising. I mean, I'm already using a mod to allow spell-casting for children anyway, but it's so much better when that stuff is actually in the game!

Just one more week... :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My spellcasters will finally be exactly what i wanted! Chalk circle seances anywhere...? I mean in the middle of the forest while dancing around fire? Granite Falls, you're making so much more sense to me πŸ–€
  • LaVictoriaLaVictoria Posts: 1 New Member
    I have played sims since sims on the ps1 came out and I want to thank yall so much for paranormal I'm excited to see more supernatural themed things come into the sims 4! I also appreciate how yall have been taking votes on our thought on product for the future, it made me feel like i was also involved in the upcoming of the next DLC theme!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My spellcasters will finally be exactly what i wanted! Chalk circle seances anywhere...? I mean in the middle of the forest while dancing around fire? Granite Falls, you're making so much more sense to me πŸ–€

THIS right here!πŸ’›
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Is the crystal ball decoration or can you play with it?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    This is going to be a great pack, I’m super hyped!

One thing I noticed is a distinct lack of baby/child care in relation to Bonehilda... can she still feed babies? Can she be a nanny as well as a maid?
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2021
    1. I love that children are actually included in the seances! There's finally something my spellcaster children can do outside of just having a familiar out! I really hope children are given more content like this in every pack going forwards, especially the occult packs! My occults have families too! <3

2. Bonehilda can FIGHT THE GHOSTS! In addition to the things she's done in past games! I love this! I'm so happy that you've expanded on her. So many people jumped to the conclusion that she wasn't going to have much content just based on the tweet announcing that her coffin isn't in the game, and I'm so happy that's not the case!! (honestly, this blog should have been released all at once instead of in two parts to avoid everyone spreading false rumors of Bonehilda just being a butler reskin)

3. The freelance career looks like a lot of fun, and I love that both the specters and dolls can be collected and named! I actually really like the spooky dolls and I'm glad you can exorcise and keep them, instead of only ever being able to break them! :D

Overall, I'm REALLY excited for this pack! It looks amazing, especially for a stuff pack's content!
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I'm going to just live in a HH lot all day can the pack be out now...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    WolfNate wrote: Β»
    I'm going to just live in a HH lot all day can the pack be out now...

Never the days went so slow... i can't wait!!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Um...

I'm sitting here wondering if Bonehilda wears a padded bra :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I was a bit sceptical at first about this pack, I tend to get obsessed with occults for a brief time and then revert back to my normal family play, but these dev posts have really got me thinking! I might just have to take the plunge (again) and get the pack... ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    There's not much I can say that others haven't already said, so I'll just say, once again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this pack and for the new Scared emotion coming on Thursday! :*<3

It's so good to see so much hype and happiness going on. We Occult lovers sure do know how to celebrate, lol. :D<3 (More stuff like this, please! :p ) Plus, you devs have really stepped things up lately and I'm so grateful. I look forward to the rest of this year's content.

Wicked excited!!
    #Team Occult
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I've never been more excited for a stuff pack in my life.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited January 2021
    My heart skipped a beat when I saw that tea set and the rag dolls. I thought we're finally getting a proper working tea set, but no, it's a set up. Ugh! @SimGuruConor we need a proper working tea set for our sims. Love the rag dolls and the spookies in a jar.

there is also new (probably decoration) tea set in this pack and i so wish it was functionalTS4PS1.png right in the middle :bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Why does Bonehilda look older in TS4?
    edited January 2021
    Renato10 wrote: Β»

its her bongadonks being lower than previously and maid dress shape giving the illusion due to being less exposing
    her thottin days are over.... or are they:smirk:
    edited January 2021
    i like how it sounds like i don't always need table to summon bonehilda though and yes thank you for confirming she doesnt just clean and disappear :bawling: i was so worried

are the creepy dolls useable as toys or just decorational?

it would be really cool if my kiddos could have some cursed toys but i can see how that might not be good idea :lol:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm so glad I've got a Spellcaster. I mean she's not high level, but it's a start.

We can go as a group of friends, right?
    Renato10 wrote: Β»

It could have something to do with being an undead skeleton.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    I am not a big fan of the concept of paranormal, but i will definitely get this pack because it has SO MUCH CONTENT!