Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piercing & Formal Wear Question, ( PS4)

I had noticed that eyebrow, nose piercing was not available in the Formal wear category in CAS on the PS4. My question is, is this something that was over looked or was this intentional?

Comments

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    No idea, but it's pretty easy to change the filters in cas so you can still put them on anyway.
    Just hit the the square button when you're in the piercing category (or any clothing and accessory category) to change them.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2021
    I think it was intentional. Because who wears piercings as formal? (Sarcastic). But I wear my piercings with formal clothes so I don’t see anything wrong with it. I think you can select the “casual” category under the filter in the piercings section and they might pop up. Not sure though.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2021
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    I think it was intentional. Because who wears piercings as formal? (Sarcastic). But I wear my piercings with formal clothes so I don’t see anything wrong with it. I think you can select the “casual” category under the filter in the piercings section and they might pop up. Not sure though.
    I don't see anything wrong with wearing piercings with formal wear either. In fact just like animevamp had done said, you can still put them on by simply changing the filter.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2021
    You do get some people that remove their piercings and cover their tattoos on their wedding day or formal, but it's all personal choice, i think the piercings should be automatically put on all the outfits if you have it there on the everyday outfit and if you personally want to remove it from a particular outfit you can do so yourself, but it is easily fixed in the game as the others said just use the filters, I dont know why its not automatically on them all though
  • STSmilerSTSmiler Posts: 2 New Member
    This whole time I didn’t know that you could clear all the filters from a category and be able to wear facial piercings in formal!! That had been bothering me for years! Thanks so much <3
    STSmiler wrote: »
    This whole time I didn’t know that you could clear all the filters from a category and be able to wear facial piercings in formal!! That had been bothering me for years! Thanks so much <3
    Not on the PS4! Apparently there is no category filter in CAS on the PS4. I looked for it when I had played yesterday. All the CAS filters are there except the category one. I don't know if this was just over looked or if it was intentional.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @sunman502 try hitting the triangle button after opening the filters. That will disable all filters and display all Cas items that aren't locked behind a career. You may have to toggle male/female category after doing so.
    animevamp wrote: »
    @sunman502 try hitting the triangle button after opening the filters. That will disable all filters and display all Cas items that aren't locked behind a career. You may have to toggle male/female category after doing so.
    Thank you for the tip animevamp!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited January 2021
    It's worse than just piercings, though. They don't even have an option to wear a wedding band. :'(

You are not alone in this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    It's worse than just piercings, though. They don't even have an option to wear a wedding band. :'(

You are not alone in this.
    On the note of wedding bands. I'm pretty sure that there are no wedding bands for the sims to wear in the game. Even you see the sims that are getting hitched exchange them in the game. And this has happened once or twice that I know of in my game. Several years ago, I think that it was right around the time that we had just gotten Romantic Garden Stuff. An NPC looked at one of my female characters while I had her out on the town somewhere. I just happened to catch the NPC's thought bubble has they were looking at my female sim. And the thought bubble was that of a wedding band with a line running through it. Stating that the NPC character noticed that my character didn't have a wedding band on. Another indication that there are no wedding bands at all in the game. Now they might add the wedding bands in some future pack, like they did with the piercings.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    No idea, but it's pretty easy to change the filters in cas so you can still put them on anyway.
    Just hit the the square button when you're in the piercing category (or any clothing and accessory category) to change them.

I can't seem to add rings to athletic wear, I can't remove the outfit tag for some reason. It's strange.
    edited May 2021

I can't seem to add rings to athletic wear, I can't remove the outfit tag for some reason. It's strange.
    I don't know why that is either. I mean that all the outfit categories you can choose category filter on them except for formal wear, and I think athletic wear too. And maybe even sleepwear too.