Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts/Plantsims revamped (Create a ghost/plantsim in CAS) #JusticeForOccults

justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
We all love ghosts/plantsims, the thing is they currently need a better implementation into the game.

CAS: We need to be able to create a ghost/plantsim as part of the family. (Wanna make a household with a couple and a grandma ghost that they have to take care of). Currently you hace to wait for someoke to die and turn into a ghost so you can add it to a household via the “add to household” feature. Is too complicated.

and

Active graveyard/funerals, this would be “fun”.

Do you think the current ghosts we have will be improved/changed? I really think they need to.

Post edited by justice4bonehilda on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can find ghosts in the gallery. I go there, add one to my family and edit them to be whoever I want and to look however I want. I also make every outfit the same as ghosts haunt in what they either died wearing or were buried in. They don't tend to have huge wardrodes of clothing choices. But that's just me.

But I still hope they get overhauled so we can create our own ghosts in CAS at any age including babies. A sad mom that lost a newborn but still hears it cry would be a great but heartbreaking story to tell.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    What time is it getting announced today?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    fae_brass wrote: »
    What time is it getting announced today?

Tomorrow (Jan 12) at 8 AM PST
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I don’t know if they will get a CAS overhaul this time around but they certainly should.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think ghosts will be added to CAS in the pre-pack patch under the occult tab.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm defintely hoping that we can create ghosts via CAS with the new pack/pre-pack patch. I mean, I don't want to have to kill Sims just to get a ghost, you know?
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    The latest teaser they dropped sure makes it look like something is going on with ghosts. Whether it's a new type of ghost, an NPC, or updates to the existing ghosts is kind of up in the air. Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It would be nice if ghosts didn't have to eat or tend to hygiene, that just doesn't make sense.
    It would also be nice if they did something other than go break the toilet then leave. My vampire hunter has the graves of 7 vampires on his lot and they just queue up to break the loo every night. You'd think they'd want to beat up their killer.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I totally agree that ghosts need a revamp. Sims pretty much stick around even after dying, making phone calls and inviting my sims to go out lol I'm not against them being active, but only after I made an effort to bring them back.

Also sims seem very unimpressed with ghosts. I mean they get tense when someone is wearing a bear costume but then don't really react to the presence of a ghost lol

I also wish ghosts had different abilities and that their needs were different from normal sims.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Yes, I hope the life state of ghost get a revamp in the upcoming patch. :)

It’d be great to see my suggestions from last year be implemented in the game!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Perhaps we will be forced to install 200+ new ghost skin tones in a bg patch, whether we want to play ghosts or not.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    It would be nice if ghosts didn't have to eat or tend to hygiene, that just doesn't make sense.

This right here. I never understood why ghosts still had certain needs as if they were still alive. I mean you're dead, you dont need to eat anymore! Im fine with them still having a Social and Fun need, but a ghost doesnt need to still pee, eat, shower and sleep. That's a little dumb if you ask me. xD
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    It would also be nice if they did something other than go break the toilet then leave. My vampire hunter has the graves of 7 vampires on his lot and they just queue up to break the loo every night. You'd think they'd want to beat up their killer.

In the Sims 2, ghost couldn't cross running water. It was useful on those cases.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2021

I can suspend belief but I do agree.

World of warcraft really explains it well, when the undead are raised, they still feel the need to breathe, eat, sleep etc even though they do not need to, simply because they are used to doing so in life. Over time they get more used to their undead life.

The way I see suspend my belief is that while a Sim is tied to the earthly plane, they aren't moving on. Playable ghosts are still attached to their mortal desires and needs as long as they are in our world. So even though they don't NEED to eat etc, they still feel like they have to.

Only by letting go and moving onto the netherworld can they truly let go of their "needs."

If I were to redo it though, I would make all ghosts only have the social and fun need. Certain ghosts like starvation would still have a hunger need, murphy bed and over exerted sims would still have an energy need, death by flies would have a hygiene need etc.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2021
    All I really want revamped is the ability to have ghost children. Unlike normal ghosts or children who died, ghost babies actually age until they reach the elder status. Instead of dying of old age, they move on and become unplayable, but they are like normal ghosts in ever other sense of the word.

I would love to make them in cas, and I'd love for them to have unique colors instead of changing based on their mood again, but I can settle for just the ghost children.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Everyone thought it was funny when Bonehilda drank something only to have it hit the floor.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Perhaps we will be forced to install 200+ new ghost skin tones in a bg patch, whether we want to play ghosts or not.

Wow @Simmerville didn't realize the world revolved around you and your skin tone desires. I will make a note of that for the future.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »

Wow @Simmerville didn't realize the world revolved around you and your skin tone desires. I will make a note of that for the future.

LOL, was I that unclear? Irony is not easy on a forum. I have absolutely no skin tone desires. Not for sims, not for ghosts. I just hope we'll get a chance to opt out of big additions though, especially those that we won't ever use. No big deal, my "ego world" will spin on... and I don't really expect 200+ ghost skin files to be added anyway... ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I can suspend belief but I do agree.

World of warcraft really explains it well, when the undead are raised, they still feel the need to breathe, eat, sleep etc even though they do not need to, simply because they are used to doing so in life. Over time they get more used to their undead life.

The way I see suspend my belief is that while a Sim is tied to the earthly plane, they aren't moving on. Playable ghosts are still attached to their mortal desires and needs as long as they are in our world. So even though they don't NEED to eat etc, they still feel like they have to.

Only by letting go and moving onto the netherworld can they truly let go of their "needs."

If I were to redo it though, I would make all ghosts only have the social and fun need. Certain ghosts like starvation would still have a hunger need, murphy bed and over exerted sims would still have an energy need, death by flies would have a hygiene need etc.

I think tying their needs to their particular death is a great idea. It would also help make them feel a little bit more individual. For now, I cheat up satisfaction points and give them Never Hungry and the hygiene one.

LOL, was I that unclear? Irony is not easy on a forum. I have absolutely no skin tone desires. Not for sims, not for ghosts. I just hope we'll get a chance to opt out of big additions though, especially those that we won't ever use. No big deal, my "ego world" will spin on... and I don't really expect 200+ ghost skin files to be added anyway... ;)

Your post was perfectly clear to me. It was the ever elusive SARCASM critter that sometimes slips by unnoticed.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2021
    I just wish they didn't break my toilets tubs sinks and showers all the time like do your other spookivities but all this water damage is bit much

and yes i wish dead people stopped texting me about my new friends being cool

and i do wish needs became static for those with ghost trait cause mean aunties still want to steal my toddler even though she is already dead

oh and family members should stay in family trees even if i let them rest in peace and dont trap them to haunt the world forever
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I just wish they didn't break my toilets tubs sinks and showers all the time like do your other spookivities but all this water damage is bit much

and yes i wish dead people stopped texting me about my new friends being cool

and i do wish needs became static for those with ghost trait cause mean aunties still want to steal my toddler even though she is already dead

oh and family members should stay in family trees even if i let them rest in peace and dont trap them to haunt the world forever

I'm willing to put up with all of that if they give us GHOST CAS in the patch.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Would love some upgraded ghosts. Yes to create my ghost in CAS - what aspirations would it have (one to become living one more (a spellcaster would have a real advantage here), one to exist forever?).
    Turn off all needs beyond Social, Fun and Energy - ghost would need to recover it to materialise or risk worried family members that can't see him/her anymore).

Would add: Peaceful and forceful exorcism of said ghost - no more "send it to the afterlife" option on the grave. A ghost that lived a good life would simply talk with all remaining family members and then leave peacefully with the GR. A starved ghost would need the grandest, most exotic meal before it could leave, an angry ghost would have to reconcile with the Sim that upset him/her (if such a one existed), a drowned one would require swimming lessons getting their skill high enough to not worry anymore. They would have to include this in a certain "Ghost Tablet" with the conditions required.

Or, you call an exorcist/medium (or do it yourself, if your skill is high enough) and get rid of it, but expect unhappy sims and severe relationship drops with everyone that liked the fellow.

What I get stuck on are possible new ghost powers and good and evil ghost behavior. Still have nightmares from Sims 2, where my friendly and kind old grandpa died and came back to scare the crap outta his granddaughter.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    If they're going to be revamping past occults, they need to add a special urn for Mermaids first, because they're the only occult that doesn't have a unique gravestone/urn. And I think plantsims are in more of a need of a revamp than ghosts are.

I know we're getting a scared emotion in the base game patch that's coming with Paranormal Stuff. So at least sims reactions to ghosts will be revamped. SimGuruConor said there's a lot of base game and cross-pack moodlets that are being converted to scared. If ghosts are getting any other type of revamp other than that, we'll just have to wait for the livestream and see!
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Your post was perfectly clear to me. It was the ever elusive SARCASM critter that sometimes slips by unnoticed.

Indeed, I think it slipped by you both. Whining sarcastically about an 'unneeded' skin tone update is still acting like one's thoughts on skin tones is the only one that matters or should be taken into consideration.